ADVERTISEMENT

Wrh welcome to 2A

The ED panthers had a taste of their own luck. Remember the onside kick and what that early mistake did to Wallace-Rose Hill. In the Championship game the Hibriten player made a heck of a play and that safety proved to be costly. The difference is that the mistake happened at the wrong time in the wrong game. WRH had their worst game early in the season and learned from it. Years ago WRH vs Thomasville II was lost due to a costly special teams error. Thomasville stunted and slipped someone inside on the extra point and that cost us a championship then. It happens. Ask Reidsville. That young man fumble probably for the first all season in the red zone. This time the ball bounce the Dogs way. WRH didn't get that break early on against and ED team that had all coaches intact and their systems intact. The dogs caught their break this time and the luck swung our way in December!!!!!

Great season to ED, ND, and WRH. 3 Teams with just 3 losses between them.. ED at 15 - 1 says that Battle has them rolling and moved them one step closer. No other ED team has ever been that far. Watch out ED Battle is No longer the New Sheriff. He is the Mayor!!! Motsinger will be mounting his campaign for Wallace town council.

Our '97 was the best team we've ever had. If we win State then we'll revisit that debate.

And I'm not downgrading EDs win at all. Saying the step up in competition could have a cumulative effect doesn't take away from the bulldog team. (Wallace has a good team). It simply means that playing bigger, faster, tougher opponents every week and then having to run through the meat grinder that is the playoffs every single year can take a toll.

Congrats to Wallace for taking full advantage of the little a playoffs, but often times they played maybe two competitive games (including the state final) during those playoff runs. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. The truth often does.
Sometimes you should know when to SHUT UP!!!!!

Sometimes you should know when to SHUT UP!!!!!

1. What I said still holds water.
2. I don't expect you to understand it.
3. I'm going to bet good money that you wouldn't act this way in person. Keyboard warrior. Take your own advice.

1. What I said still holds water.
2. I don't expect you to understand it.
3. I'm going to bet good money that you wouldn't act this way in person. Keyboard warrior. Take your own advice.
2a ain't so hard. It ain't like I'm really telling you to shut up.. See y'all next year.

Well when the smoke settled and it was all said and done it was wrh who held the trophy for the 4peat and yall still talking about beating wrh, ED you were runner up in a state championship game you guys were that good this year, for you to keep revisit ing a game is pointless really !!! You beat wallace so u rather have that than a ring. Dogs 79 now i see what u been saying they rather beat wrh and they felt like they accomplished something.. I dont get it.you still talking about a win that means absolutely nothing but bragging rights in the county but look what wrh can say they won another title i know the guys sure isnt thinking about that one loss at all ,we lost thats it end of story but in the end the result is the new king of 2a football for atleast a year they can say we run. All of 2a football and Duplin County!!! Congrats to The state runner up ED Panthers!!!
Blackbulldog, what are you even talking about??? this thread was started a long time ago! way before the playoffs even started! ED fans havent even been talking about the fact that we beat you guys. i for one have been giving you guys well deserved credit! yeah, we whipped WRH's @$$ on their own field, but we moved on from that a long time ago! if we could do it all over again i would rather our only loss be to y'all any day than for it to be in the title game!

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbulldog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT