ADVERTISEMENT

Wrh welcome to 2A

A defensive struggle, but we shut down the toy poodles. Not to mention, we ran it down their throats all night.

Reactions: 96panther
I have to agree with Friday night. We got trash talked all week about how we didn't stand a chance and they were on such another level that it wouldn't even be close. For us to go to the Dog pound and shut down their offense and run through their defense is definitely a statement win for my Panthers.

Welcome to 2A??? Hahaha

We play East Duplin every year and they manage to beat us 25% of the time. Congratulations this was one of those times.

Welcome to 2A??? Hahaha

We play East Duplin every year and they manage to beat us 25% of the time. Congratulations this was one of those times.
Someone seems salty. Like I said in another post, I guess Wallace and their fans don't know how to lose gracefully.

Salty indeed. We'll see if the step up in competition has a cumulative effect on the bulldogs.

I'll give some of y'all some time to figure that out.

I don't know about salty but I'd rather Wallace had won. Lol.
Congratulations to you guys. I guess the Welcome to 2A got me a little bit. I mean what does that mean we play y'all every year.

Now wait just a freaking minute. We can play with anybody. This is ED's best team they have ever had. Ya'll won this game and deserved it. But saying 2a is having a cumulative effect is downgrading your team. Ya'll beat a real good Bulldog team. We all over here in Wallace can take if we're beaten. Great Play from ED.

Somehow. I don't think 96 will talk like that. I'm a master at talking junk. Now it's time for me to eat CROW. I'm not a sore loser and i am a gracious winner. Good luck play hard and Battle will bring ya'll a ship. Ya'll are that good.

Our '97 was the best team we've ever had. If we win State then we'll revisit that debate.

And I'm not downgrading EDs win at all. Saying the step up in competition could have a cumulative effect doesn't take away from the bulldog team. (Wallace has a good team). It simply means that playing bigger, faster, tougher opponents every week and then having to run through the meat grinder that is the playoffs every single year can take a toll.

Congrats to Wallace for taking full advantage of the little a playoffs, but often times they played maybe two competitive games (including the state final) during those playoff runs. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. The truth often does.

I had a good friend tell me before the game,well I shouldn't say who he was talking about. But he said in so many words that he wondered about game plan. Battles game plan was the difference. Battle deserves it, and I'm glad for him.

Handled? ED threw every trick play they had and beat us by 2. I still say the Havelock win done WRH more harm than good. Havelock would wipe the floor with ED. That being said congrats to ED. You guys deserved to win tonight.

great win for my Panthers! lets see. other than the two big runs by WRH, our defense never let them consistently move the ball. conversely we consistently ran the ball all night, and really should have had at least one or two more TD's. also we missed two very makeable field goals. our best RB didnt even play. our star QB, which carved the WRH defense up repeatedly on the ground in the first half, barely even played the second half because of some kind of leg ailment. i think it was cramps but not sure. therefore we had several reasons not to hold on for the win, but we showed a lot of heart and gutted it out. our backup QB played well most of the second half. we made huge defensive stops in the 4th qtr., and got some huge first downs of our own to seal the victory. WRH does have a very good defense, but our defense is ELITE! (thats for you dogs79) make no mistake about it, WRH has a very good team, so beating them was a huge win for us. especially at their place. i guess the WRH posters will suck their chests in a little bit now lol. i got one question for yall, WHO LET THE PANTHERS OUT, ROAR.....ROAR...ROAR.ROAR.ROAR!!!!!!

Handled? ED threw every trick play they had and beat us by 2. I still say the Havelock win done WRH more harm than good. Havelock would wipe the floor with ED. That being said congrats to ED. You guys deserved to win tonight.
Havelock would wipe nothing. they let yall score 26 on them. our ELITE DEFENSE didnt let yall move the ball at all other than the two break away runs. you only scored 12 pts. on us and shouldnt have got them. and we ran the ball down your throats for much of the game. we should have scored more. when Jville and Havelock play i expect Jville to win. as for our game, thats how it is when you play an ELITE DEFENSE like ours!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! SCOREBOARD!

great win for my Panthers! lets see. other than the two big runs by WRH, our defense never let them consistently move the ball. conversely we consistently ran the ball all night, and really should have had at least one or two more TD's. also we missed two very makeable field goals. our best RB didnt even play. our star QB, which carved the WRH defense up repeatedly on the ground in the first half, barely even played the second half because of some kind of leg ailment. i think it was cramps but not sure. therefore we had several reasons not to hold on for the win, but we showed a lot of heart and gutted it out. our backup QB played well most of the second half. we made huge defensive stops in the 4th qtr., and got some huge first downs of our own to seal the victory. WRH does have a very good defense, but our defense is ELITE! (thats for you dogs79) make no mistake about it, WRH has a very good team, so beating them was a huge win for us. especially at their place. i guess the WRH posters will suck their chests in a little bit now lol. i got one question for yall, WHO LET THE PANTHERS OUT, ROAR.....ROAR...ROAR.ROAR.ROAR!!!!!!
No doubt 96. Elite defense. But more than that, I think ya'll won the game by your first drive. From the beginning BATTLE PLAYED TO WIN. Awesome job. I would have been humble if WRH would have won. Congratulations to Most of ya'll. I hope for most of ya'll, ya'll get one.

Now wait just a freaking minute. We can play with anybody. This is ED's best team they have ever had. Ya'll won this game and deserved it. But saying 2a is having a cumulative effect is downgrading your team. Ya'll beat a real good Bulldog team. We all over here in Wallace can take if we're beaten. Great Play from ED.
i will be the first to tell you that WRH can play with and beat most anybody, regardless of classification. we are not saying you cant in any way. heck, you beat us 4 years straight before tonight. what we are simply saying, is that there is a much higher number of very good teams in 2A than 1A. i know there are a handful of 1A teams like your 1A team last year that can play with anybody, but when you have 2 or 3 playoff games every year where your starters can basically rest a large portion of the game, that goes a long way toward winning a state championship. you dont get beat up game in and game out in the 1A playoffs like you do in the 2A playoffs. its not saying WRH shouldnt be proud of winning those 1A titles because they should, and i would, but to do it in 2A or above, like you guys already have one time, is much more impressive for a top program like WRH in most fan's eyes. thats all we're saying. that being said, WRH cant pick and choose what classification they play. all they can do is play what theyre in and try to win every game, like any other team would do. the only reason we talk so much trash about the 1A titles is because you guys always throw up how many championships you have in our faces. thats all.

i will be the first to tell you that WRH can play with and beat most anybody, regardless of classification. we are not saying you cant in any way. heck, you beat us 4 years straight before tonight. what we are simply saying, is that there is a much higher number of very good teams in 2A than 1A. i know there are a handful of 1A teams like your 1A team last year that can play with anybody, but when you have 2 or 3 playoff games every year where your starters can basically rest a large portion of the game, that goes a long way toward winning a state championship. you dont get beat up game in and game out in the 1A playoffs like you do in the 2A playoffs. its not saying WRH shouldnt be proud of winning those 1A titles because they should, and i would, but to do it in 2A or above, like you guys already have one time, is much more impressive for a top program like WRH in most fan's eyes. thats all we're saying. that being said, WRH cant pick and choose what classification they play. all they can do is play what theyre in and try to win every game, like any other team would do. the only reason we talk so much trash about the 1A titles is because you guys always throw up how many championships you have in our faces. thats all.
That might be what your saying. That ain't what others are. That's alright, It's time for me to eat crow.

Our '97 was the best team we've ever had. If we win State then we'll revisit that debate.

And I'm not downgrading EDs win at all. Saying the step up in competition could have a cumulative effect doesn't take away from the bulldog team. (Wallace has a good team). It simply means that playing bigger, faster, tougher opponents every week and then having to run through the meat grinder that is the playoffs every single year can take a toll.

Congrats to Wallace for taking full advantage of the little a playoffs, but often times they played maybe two competitive games (including the state final) during those playoff runs. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. The truth often does.
I remember that 1997 East Duplin team well. East Duplin defeated the DarkHorses regular season in the Horses' homecoming game but on December 5, 1997 the DarkHorse's avenged that loss in Beaulaville in the eastern championship game defeating the Panthers 35-0. I can see Willie Parker running now as well the Horse's big fullback Ralph Smith (current fullback Jaylan Smith's Father) running wild on the field. Twenty years ago! Funny how some things might back around again:)

Last edited:
You don't have to tell me, wiz. I was there. Btw, how many points did Wallace score tonight? Not sure it was quite 35.

96panther who are all these "very good teams" in the 2A east that Wallace is going to have to play in the playoffs. I see Wallace, Northeastern, maybe East Bladen, and maybe South Columbus. Who else you got. Tell me about this playoff meat grinder.

Havelock wipe the floor with ED?? You bumped your freakin head. Like someone else said look how many points ED allowed tonight and how many Wallace allowed against Havelock. ED beat Wallace up and down the field, if you were there you know this. Wallace is a Great team, nothing but respect, ED is a bit better. It is what it is.

Far from a WRH fan but 14-12 isn't getting handled by any step of life. Pretty classless statement.
if you havent seen the constant trash being talked by "some" WRH fans for the last 2 or 3 weeks to ED fans, you have no idea what youre talking about. its best you stay out of this. this is not for the faint of heart.

Friday Night, I'm with you there no way Havelock "wipes the floor with East Duplin." I think that was the hurt talking. Lol

Reactions: EDPanther99
96panther who are all these "very good teams" in the 2A east that Wallace is going to have to play in the playoffs. I see Wallace, Northeastern, maybe East Bladen, and maybe South Columbus. Who else you got. Tell me about this playoff meat grinder.
Don't sell the DarkHorses short. Ive seen all the teams play. They will be in the mixture i assure you

Maybe SC?? I can promise you my friend we will be there. Overlook us at your own peril my friend.

[QUdoubtTE="Wizard of the East, post: 437580, member: 96"]Don't sell the DarkHorses short. Ive seen all the teams play. They will be in the mixture i assure you[/QUOTE]
No doubt

lets just say that WRH wont be able to rest a lot of their starters in the 2A playoffs like they did in 1A. furthermore they will never play a team in the 2A playoffs with more losses than wins like they did in 1A. they will actually have to show up and play far more often in 2A, unlike 1A. for the record though, i do think WRH has a very good chance of winning 2A East. does that answer your question?

SCHS 96, you guys might be very good this year. I dont know. But I do know we beat South Columbus last year 40-3 or something like that and then y'all went to the Eastern Finals of this supposedly supper tough meat grinder 2A playoffs.lol Don't add up too me. I'm saying all this because some guys keep talking about how much more competitive the 2A playoffs are than 1A. The way I see it if your a top team the first few rounds are snooze fest in either classification.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT