ADVERTISEMENT

Wrh Vs Havelock Let’s Go!!

Watching Tarboro at times, it seems beating them is like cracking the code on a safe. You got to hit the numbers just right to crack them open. In my opinion it will take a spread offense with alot of weapons and a 5 front on defense with some kids that are fundamentally sound to beat them. 4.5 speed at all skill positions wouldnt hurt either. Lol. Their talent right now as a whole is as strong as ever.

Flat out wrong. First of all I have the most respect for the Tarboro program, coaches and players. That being said it doesn’t have to be a spread team to beat them, a tried and true wing t team is all you need. Of course a pretty stout defense always helps against that “Tarboro T” offense.

Reactions: bud33345 and dogs79
Flat out wrong. First of all I have the most respect for the Tarboro program, coaches and players. That being said it doesn’t have to be a spread team to beat them, a tried and true wing t team is all you need. Of course a pretty stout defense always helps against that “Tarboro T” offense.
I've seen them dismantle alot of wing t triple option teams so many times Im out of fingers and toes. I only said spread because if their is a weakness I feel it would be deep pass coverage in the Tarboro secondary. Their safeties are not use to recognizing coverage assignments in 4 and 5 wide sets. They just dont see it. They are pretty efficient at carving up wing ts and it will take a special team like WF the last few years, that has had the athletes, runs a superb wing t, and has depth, to overcome a stout fundamental defense like Tarboro has.

I've seen them dismantle alot of wing t triple option teams so many times Im out of fingers and toes. I only said spread because if their is a weakness I feel it would be deep pass coverage in the Tarboro secondary. Their safeties are not use to recognizing coverage assignments in 4 and 5 wide sets. They just dont see it. They are pretty efficient at carving up wing ts and it will take a special team like WF the last few years, that has had the athletes, runs a superb wing t, and has depth, to overcome a stout fundamental defense like Tarboro has.
Athletes like Jevointe
And when I say athletes, I mean athletes like Jevonte was for the dogs running the t that can improvise even when the defense is disciplined in their gaps.

All that talk. WRH fans typed like they were world beaters. Couln'dt beat a weak watered down Havelock.

Wait till Clinton or Northeastern gets a piece of them. Told them this is not 1A anymore. No more multiple titles.

Yes I'm trollin

All that talk. WRH fans typed like they were world beaters. Couln'dt beat a weak watered down Havelock.

Wait till Clinton or Northeastern gets a piece of them. Told them this is not 1A anymore. No more multiple titles.

Yes I'm trollin

Rumor has it that many of the players for WRH were suffering due to a weird outbreak of allergic reactions to fire ant bites. Probably explains the only way Havelock had a chance. Go Dawgs!

Reactions: daagoob
Well,I talked to several friends about the game. Havelock played a pretty good game with only 1 turnover. Dogs had several. Dogs definately hasn't played the competition they probly need to to beat a team like Havelock. Hope my BULLDOGS get healthy and get ready for conference.
Your a good sport John, that's what I like about you. Every team has a bad night. I'm expecting NE to lose next week to RM. Dogs will be fine

Wrh played terrible on their own. Had at least 5 mishandled snaps and 3 fumbles in the 1st qtr alone. Every score Havelock had was because of a turnover. Havelock has some good athletes for sure. Wrh had some guys out but I feel like they still should have won or made it a little closer. Hopefully this is a wake up call for them. The dogs still have the chance to have a special year. Anyway congrats to The Rams.

The turnovers definitely didnt help WRH at all. I was actually surprised our defense played as well as they did against u guys. We got our athletes in open space and tried to score as much as we could cuz we knew we didnt wanna fall behind to a team like yall. Good game, WRH will be fine this season

Turnovers and tackling can be sured up by coaching. I'm sure Mots can coach them up on that.Got to look to next week and keep your head up if you are WRH. It's a Good win for Wooten and Havelock, I'm sure come Monday on film study the defense has alot they can build on moving forward from this game. The offense I'm assuming is still a work in progress but Wooten is finding ways to string wins together. I wasnt sure what to expect from this game. By all accounts it was a bit sloppy which is something I didn't expect. Both teams are going to be fine moving forward and will still be factors come playoff time in my opinion.

Reactions: easy252 and dogs79
Your a good sport John, that's what I like about you. Every team has a bad night. I'm expecting NE to lose next week to RM. Dogs will be fine
Man! There will be alot to talk about when the thread for that game is open. Both those teams find themselves in a situation where they are considered the cream of the crop in the east for their respective classifications. They have a common opponent in JH Rose to boot. Rocky Mount is very sound on both sides of the ball. NE does what NE does and just plays up to their opponent. It's a good matchup.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob
I thought both teams played poorly. Wallace's turnovers really hurt them but so did bad tackling. I'm looking forward to being back at Havelock next Friday.

I think Havelock will take a 2 score win while “playing poorly” against that type of program, everyday of the week.

Not a bad loss for WRH, I thought they could pull this out, but I was concerned how there offense would hold up against Havelock's defense. The loss will only make them better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT