ADVERTISEMENT

Wrh Vs Havelock Let’s Go!!

HayseedSlim

Mar 8, 2019
First Real Test For The Dogs Outstanding D!! Let’s Get Thoughts And Predictions On These Two Behemoths Matchup Friday Night!!!

Wrh probably didn’t get any better tonight in beating Trask 71-0. Hopefully the boys can just forget about tonight and remember last year when Havelock embarrassed us. This is a much better dogs team. Just didn’t see it tonight. 3rd stringers were playing about the whole game.

Reactions: HayseedSlim
I thought tonight would be a good practice. It didn't help at all,probly hurt us. At least they got time on the field. But anyway, is Havelock -- Havelock? I don't think they're the same,but they did spank SWO in scrimmage game 13-1 according to source. So, I think they still have the athletes they always have had. New Coach,will probly have the Rams motivated. Don't think the defense will hold Havelock scoreless,but I do think the dogs d will hold them to 4 or less scores.

Reactions: bud33345
I thought tonight would be a good practice. It didn't help at all,probly hurt us. At least they got time on the field. But anyway, is Havelock -- Havelock? I don't think they're the same,but they did spank SWO in scrimmage game 13-1 according to source. So, I think they still have the athletes they always have had. New Coach,will probly have the Rams motivated. Don't think the defense will hold Havelock scoreless,but I do think the dogs d will hold them to 4 or less scores.

They whooped SWO, correct. Their Freshman QB has a helluva arm and the D1 RB can fly. The D is fast, as usual. The key, in my opinion, will be the composure of Havelock. We frustrated them and they went off the handles trying to fight not only us but themselves. They're not going to be able to afford those same mistakes against a team like WRH.

By the way, WRH fans, as a UNC fan, thank you, thank you, thank you for Javonte Williams! BEAST!

Last edited:
I like the confidence guys, and im a jville guy so certainly no love for Havelock, but..........42 points, dang man, I want some of that action. Maybe a few bottles of that fine DC muscadine for the bet.

They whooped SWO, correct. Their Freshman QB has a helluva arm and the D1 RB can fly. The D is fast, as usual. The key, in my opinion, will be the composure of Havelock. We frustrated them and they went off the handles trying to fight not only us bet themselves. They're not going to be able to afford those same mistakes against a team like WRH.

By the way, WRH fans, as a UNC fan, thank you, thank you, thank you for Javonte Williams! BEAST!
If you are going to tell the story, please tell it correctly lol... The frustration was from not one of the illegal hits or the facemasks that even YOUR newspaper posted the pics of getting called at all that night lol. We were never fighting each other, u saw players pushing they own teammates away from going at your players. Yall won I got it, but please stop acting like it wa anything more than just a good win for yall smh

Don't get it twisted, Havelock is a good team and will steamroll a subpar 2a NE team,but they just won't be able to do anything against the Dogs.
Lock it up WRH BY 42!!!

Reactions: bud33345
If you are going to tell the story, please tell it correctly lol... The frustration was from not one of the illegal hits or the facemasks that even YOUR newspaper posted the pics of getting called at all that night lol. We were never fighting each other, u saw players pushing they own teammates away from going at your players. Yall won I got it, but please stop acting like it wa anything more than just a good win for yall smh

Lol, I'm telling how I saw it. I was there. Even your fans were posting on your own Touchdown Club that you guys were fighting with each other on the sidelines.

Also, please tell me where I hyped up New Bern at all in my post. SMH.

Reactions: dogs79
Lol, I'm telling how I saw it. I was there. Even your fans were posting on your own Touchdown Club that you guys were fighting with each other on the sidelines.

Also, please tell me where I hyped up New Bern at all in my post. SMH.
Our fans our idiots if u havnt noticed yet lol... There was no fighting among players, ask the players. Our fans are ready to jump ship after 1 loss, and the touchdown club aint posted nothing about the varsity since we lost lol. Last year it was a game flyer every week, but i guess that comes wih the culture change smh

With all do respect to my good buddies Dagoob, dogs79, and NBBears here, I just dont know if any of us really know what to expect in this game. Hope's and wishes can turn to smoking dope and washing Denny's dirty dishes as my grandpa use to say. This is a tough one for me to have an opinion on. I saw Havelock once this season all be it in the preseason and I can't stress enough they just didn't look the part of a contender. Dogs on the other hand, I've watched some film last night but it's hard for me to piece together how good they are against subpar teams and athletes. Having said that, I have to go with the dogs here by 2 TDs and I'm reluctant to give a score but I'd say 38-24 dogs. We see it all the time especially in high school football where winning breeds more winning and a belief that you can beat any team. The dogs get the edge here, they have the community, the fans, the players, and the coaches believing they are destined to be special this year. It's the same with New Bern and Northeastern this year, they feel the magic. I dont have that sense with Havelock right now. They are in ways like my South Central team, they are a work in progress and taking some lumps, but they know what that magic feels like.

Last edited:
With all do respect to my good buddies Dagoob, dogs79, and NBBears here, I just dont know if any of us really know what to expect in this game. Hope's and wishes can turn to smoking dope and washing Denny's dirty dishes as my grandpa use to say. This is a tough one for me to have an opinion on. I saw Havelock once this season all be it in the preseason and I can't stress enough they just didn't look the part of a contender. Dogs on the other hand, I've watched some film last night but it's hard for me to piece together how good they are against subpar teams and athletes. Having said that, I have to go with the dogs here by 2 TDs and I'm reluctant to give a score but I'd say 38-24 dogs. We see it all the time especially in high school football where winning breeds more winning and a belief that you can beat any team. The dogs get the edge here, they have the community, the fans, the players, and the coaches believing they are destined to be special this year. It's the same with New Bern and Northeastern this year, they feel the magic. I dont have that sense with Havelock right now. They are in way like my South Central team, they are a work in progress and taking some lumps but they know what that magic feels like.
Awesome post bud

I will be posting updates. Wouldn't miss this for anything!! NO DOUBT REPPIN FOR THE #1 TEAM BY FAR IN THE 2A EAST!!!
YOU CAN DUCK US BUT COME PLAYOFF TIME YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HIDE.
Lol! Dogs? Did you hack Goobs preps account? Hahaha!

Reactions: dogs79
Last time I saw Goob speaking this highly of the Dogs was back in 2017 ... you know the rest
If the Dogs had been fortunate enough last yr to make the trip to Elizabeth City then they would've been 1-1 against us. I don't live in the past though, just the present. I like my Northeastern Eagles chances at making a return trip to the 2a state chip's. But you are correct, I never thought we'd lose to WRH that year. Javonte single handily beat us, and it also didn't help that we had absolutely the worst kicking game in the country,lol.

Reactions: bud33345 and dogs79
If the Dogs had been fortunate enough last yr to make the trip to Elizabeth City then they would've been 1-1 against us. I don't live in the past though, just the present. I like my Northeastern Eagles chances at making a return trip to the 2a state chip's. But you are correct, I never thought we'd lose to WRH that year. Javonte single handily beat us, and it also didn't help that we had absolutely the worst kicking game in the country,lol.
We also had Desmond Newkirk,and Micheal Baysden

Reactions: daagoob
I love it... Finally we are underdogs, no pressure and nothing to lose lol. One loss in out 1st bit of competition and we are no longer contenders... as if we needed any bulletin board material lol. See yall Friday!!!

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
WRH offense needs to be better than they have been, because as much as they are hyping up there defense. I just can't see them holding Havelock scoreless, and I can't say I've heard anything great about there offense. Havelock is good enough as a larger school to hold even a good 2a offense to basically nothing.

21-17 WRH. WRH offense gets exposed in this one, but I agree there defense should get them the win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT