ADVERTISEMENT

WRH HATERS!!

It is great to feel young again. Makes me want to play again, but I know I can't, but I enjoy watching my grandson play, and yes it gets me worked up just a little like the rest of the old timers. I thank God every day for HS football. My last game was in 1968. Man I really miss it.

It is great to feel young again. Makes me want to play again, but I know I can't, but I enjoy watching my grandson play, and yes it gets me worked up just a little like the rest of the old timers. I thank God every day for HS football. My last game was in 1968. Man I really miss it.
This is a great post. I hope to stay around long enough to be saying the same thing one day

You are an oldie! I graduated in 77 so I guess my last game was 76. I only played that one year in high school. I got to smoking week and made a lot of bad decisions. Skipped school a lot and wasn't eligible to play. I went out my junior year and practiced with the team for a couple of weeks before they told me my grades were too bad. I was really enjoying it and the camaraderie with the other guys. I made my mind up that I would play as a senior. It was a lot of work and I made it. We had our first winning record at West Craven but not because of me. I played on special teams and made most of the tackles on that and was a backup RB. I've always taken a lot of pride in that one year of football. It was a lot of work to be eligible to be out there. Great memories.

Last edited:
Well there's no storm coming out of NE nor out of Vanceboro for that fact. I'm going to appreciate the teams still in it.
Lol, that wasn’t the storm I was referring to. Otis you know me better than almost anyone on these threads. When I post you almost always have to read between the lines. I would’ve picked up instantly on my post if it was posted by someone else Have fun at Princeton

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lol, that wasn’t the storm I was referring to. Otis you know me better than almost anyone on these threads. When I post you almost always have to read between the lines. I would’ve picked up instantly on my post if it was posted by someone else Have fun at Princeton
I was thinking of going to Reidsville to see their game with Maiden. But this thing called the flu seems to have gotten in the way. Been sick as all get out the past 2 days.

You are an oldie! I graduated in 77 so I guess my last game was 76. I only played that one year in high school. I got to smoking week and made a lot of bad decisions. Skipped school a lot and wasn't eligible to play. I went out my junior year and practiced with the team for a couple of weeks before they told me my grades were too bad. I was really enjoying it and the camaraderie with the other guys. I made my mind up that I would play as a senior. It was a lot of work and I made it. We had our first winning record at West Craven but not because of me. I played on special teams and made most of the tackles on that and was a backup RB. I've always taken a lot of pride in that one year of football. It was a lot of work to be a Le to be out there. Great memories.
It wasn’t that. We took a vote and you lost. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT