WRH at Princeton - East Finals - Poll

Who takes the East?

• WRH

Votes: 47 74.6%
  • Princeton

Votes: 16 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m staying mum on this so I don’t jinx anyone. Everytime I go all in on a team they get mushed. I will take bets if someone is serious though, I’m not all about chirping. If I have some interested parties it would definitely make this trip more entertaining for sure. All anyone has to do is tag me up here and we’ll go from there. Two running teams, it’s definitely going to be a sleeper but I guess that’s what wins, at least over here in the east.
Hey Goob I might take some of that action but might not be the way you think 😁

Never wanted to be Tupac u vagabond punk!! Keyboard warrior!! I’m who I am!!
Come find out vagabond boy!!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Otis4411
Love being on the road. WRH's speed will be on display. Princeton's strength will be on display. I think WRH's Lon Teachey our kicker is the most underrated player on WRH. Got 4 of 8 onside kick's. No missed extra points all against NE. I love the get more possessions attitude because it's really hard to stop our backs.
Can’t believe y’all don’t listen to the coaches in the stands and kick it deep.

What 584 to be exact u wanted us to put up 700 yards cause we were headed to that if he doesn’t take the starters out!! Man Good U don’t quit do u!!
Your missing my point. You could’ve ran for 1000 yards, it’s still not fun to watch. If a team like East Surry or Shelby gets up 2 tds on your dogs or Princeton then it’s over. There’s no coming back because all you have is the run. It is successful but definitely not fun to watch. That’s just my opinion though. I’ll give you a comparison in basketball. Your Dogs are the equivalent of the Virginia Cavaliers. That put you to sleep 💤 brand of ball. UVA and Tony Bennet running that Princeton offense with the back cuts and ball control. Letting the shot clock run down to under 10 every time. It’s just not fun to me. I’d much rather watch the Pack or Gonzaga in an up tempo offense and playing full court press the whole time. That’s fun to watch even when your team loses.

Your missing my point. You could’ve ran for 1000 yards, it’s still not fun to watch. If a team like East Surry or Shelby gets up 2 tds on your dogs or Princeton then it’s over. There’s no coming back because all you have is the run. It is successful but definitely not fun to watch. That’s just my opinion though. I’ll give you a comparison in basketball. Your Dogs are the equivalent of the Virginia Cavaliers. That put you to sleep 💤 brand of ball. UVA and Tony Bennet running that Princeton offense with the back cuts and ball control. Letting the shot clock run down to under 10 every time. It’s just not fun to me. I’d much rather watch the Pack or Gonzaga in an up tempo offense and playing full court press the whole time. That’s fun to watch even when your team loses.
there’s a reason 6 of the 8 teams remaining in 1A-2A are all predominantly run teams…it works. Especially in years where you don’t have the right athletes or QB to run a spread passing offense.

U know we have thrown enough that we can some if we have to. I can see ud like nothing more than to see us lose. I can tell by your theme. I hate it that u despise the dawgs. Not everyone is out to get u brother. Come enjoy a great game this Friday. Good comradery, sportsmanship! Three yds and a cloud of dust may not be as exciting, but there's still alot of detailed football going on. Anyway good luck finding someone to beat us! Honestly i think any of the 4 teams left could win it, although i know Shelby is favored.

Lol I'd rather win all day, then look pretty. Let coach Moore know you don't have to be pretty to win the title lol. Maybe again next year the hype train will be in full go again lolllll.....

U know we have thrown enough that we can some if we have to. I can see ud like nothing more than to see us lose. I can tell by your theme. I hate it that u despise the dawgs. Not everyone is out to get u brother. Come enjoy a great game this Friday. Good comradery, sportsmanship! Three yds and a cloud of dust may not be as exciting, but there's still alot of detailed football going on. Anyway good luck finding someone to beat us! Honestly i think any of the 4 teams left could win it, although i know Shelby is favored.

Goobs thinks everyone is out to get him lol 😆

This is not true, I’m not against the dogs. This is why I didn’t want to bring this point up because I knew it would get taken out of context. Im pulling for Wrh, Im just not a fan of the smash mouth run it up your throat offense. It works 💯. it’s just a style I don’t like. Our rival Edenton does it and I can’t stand it. I had the opportunity to watch East Surry play Tarboro in 2018 state championship game. What a fun game to watch it was because ES was throwing bombs all over the field. That’s exciting, watching a hurry up offense and seeing a big play qb with all kinds of weapons. That’s why I love the offense Coach Moore runs here. First Flight, Hertford County, and even Currituck run similar offenses in our conference. Back to your game, I think everyone is in for a great game. I’ve seen both teams play and I like Wrh to win. I don’t think Princeton defense will be able to contain the trio of backs from Wrh. I will say this, Princeton has a good offensive line and an awesome kicker. They will not be an easy out and I’m sure they’ll be better prepared for that wing t than we were. This isn’t Northeastern your facing, Princeton has already beaten East Duplin who is a team that gave Wrh trouble.

This is not true, I’m not against the dogs. This is why I didn’t want to bring this point up because I knew it would get taken out of context. Im pulling for Wrh, Im just not a fan of the smash mouth run it up your throat offense. It works 💯. it’s just a style I don’t like. Our rival Edenton does it and I can’t stand it. I had the opportunity to watch East Surry play Tarboro in 2018 state championship game. What a fun game to watch it was because ES was throwing bombs all over the field. That’s exciting, watching a hurry up offense and seeing a big play qb with all kinds of weapons. That’s why I love the offense Coach Moore runs here. First Flight, Hertford County, and even Currituck run similar offenses in our conference. Back to your game, I think everyone is in for a great game. I’ve seen both teams play and I like Wrh to win. I don’t think Princeton defense will be able to contain the trio of backs from Wrh. I will say this, Princeton has a good offensive line and an awesome kicker. They will not be an easy out and I’m sure they’ll be better prepared for that wing t than we were. This isn’t Northeastern your facing, Princeton has already beaten East Duplin who is a team that gave Wrh trouble.
Ive seen Princeton play 3 or 4 times this yr. They are definitely capable. I said i thought u are pulling against the dogs because u said in an earlier post that u were gonna call a friend from Princeton and warn him about our onside kick possibilities. Like i said, imo, either of the four remaining teams could win. East surry is undefeated an ain't no joke. Shelby better not look ahead
Not true, I dont think that at all. I’m pulling for Wrh because they beat us. I don’t think it matters because I don’t see anyone beating Shelby. They are nasty

there’s a reason 6 of the 8 teams remaining in 1A-2A are all predominantly run teams…it works. Especially in years where you don’t have the right athletes or QB to run a spread passing offense.
You have to have the athletes but also you have to have a coach that can coach that style. I remember years ago one of the best coaches ever around here Phil Padgett of SWO try to go to spread and it didn't work for him. He when back to his run attack in middle of the season and started winning again.

3 out of those 4 teams you just named that to you “run fun offenses” are traditionally sucky a$$ teams. You could throw NE in there if it wasn’t for the last 6 or 7 years. Those aren't very good examples to use. Now when you have the athletes to run it it’s a thing of beauty to watch, but for small schools that doesn’t come along very often (unless you’re Shelby). I’d much rather have an offense that’s consistent year after year that wins 90% of the time than a flash in the pan season that looks awesome to the average fan.

Ive seen Princeton play 3 or 4 times this yr. They are definitely capable. I said i thought u are pulling against the dogs because u said in an earlier post that u were gonna call a friend from Princeton and warn him about our onside kick possibilities. Like i said, imo, either of the four remaining teams could win. East surry is undefeated an ain't no joke. Shelby better not look ahead
I’m friends with the coach’s brother. Really nice guy who definitely knows his football. I learned a lot about Princeton when I went to their first round game against Bunn, even got to go out on the field. It’s an awesome venue but has hardly any seating. I was told plans are already in the works for stadium expansion. Field is beautiful

3 out of those 4 teams you just named that to you “run fun offenses” are traditionally sucky a$$ teams. You could throw NE in there if it wasn’t for the last 6 or 7 years. Those aren't very good examples to use. Now when you have the athletes to run it it’s a thing of beauty to watch, but for small schools that doesn’t come along very often (unless you’re Shelby). I’d much rather have an offense that’s consistent year after year that wins 90% of the time than a flash in the pan season that looks awesome to the average fan.
Those are just high school teams I’ve seen play and I agree that you don’t see offenses like ours to often at the 2a level. NE is not a flash in the pan though, we actually played for a state championship in 2010 against Salisbury. We’ve been very successful over the past 18 years. Good luck to your dawgs, not that you need any though.

There's a reason East Surry, Reidsville, and Shelby dominated 1A, 2A and it wasn't just running the whole time

I voted 😀
I don't do polls. It's high school football. Wrong bounce one bad call or One unexpected injury and the whole thing turns on a dime. I'm positive the kids will leave all on the field Friday. So I'll let them do the talking. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
1a goes to Tarboro and WRH. WRH got Reidsville in 2a and hopes to get a shot at the Golden Lions. WIng T coming to get ya

That Reidsville game was lucky break for you. I saw Reidsville shut down your offense(when you had your superstar Javonte) in the 2nd half after adjustments and WRH had no answer for the rams comeback. Reidsville won that game for you with that last minute fumble near the goal line.

I see Whiteville shredded your defense the next season early in the playoffs. 1A is where it works for you. I said before, you're not sniffing multiple titles in 2A.

I wish you would travel west more for non conf games and take the losses like Clinton does, so you can taste reality.

That Reidsville game was lucky break for you. I saw Reidsville shut down your offense(when you had your superstar Javonte) in the 2nd half after adjustments and WRH had no answer for the rams comeback. Reidsville won that game for you with that last minute fumble near the goal line.

I see Whiteville shredded your defense the next season early in the playoffs. 1A is where it works for you. I said before, you're not sniffing multiple titles in 2A.

I wish you would travel west more for non conf games and take the losses like Clinton does, so you can taste reality.
Post is inaccurate. We have won 2 2a titles. Also whiteville shredded our defense in 2019. We fell to swo in 2018. We're not the most successful program in the state by no means, but we have been there and done that. Did that with a boring ground game and a few passes here and there. If either one of you two think wrh is scared, then neither one of u have creditably. Smh

Post is inaccurate. We have won 2 2a titles. Also whiteville shredded our defense in 2019. We fell to swo in 2018. We're not the most successful program in the state by no means, but we have been there and done that. Did that with a boring ground game and a few passes here and there. If either one of you two think wrh is scared, then neither one of u have creditably. Smh
Hey @olddog77 I’m getting sleepy thinking about the game tonight 💤 💤. Lol, I’m just ribbing you. That boring ground game beat us into a coma. Good luck tonight, at least you have another game.

We won't mention 2005 when we lost to Thomasville on an officiating error. It was the reason they took replays off the big screen after every play up until last few years anyway. I get pissed off every time I think about it. Lost the very next year to Thomasville again 21-20. Missed a PAT and our WR was playing with a messed up knee, we threw the ball a bunch that year with Andrew Bowden, he had like 25 td passes with 3 ints.

You won 1 in this century. I'm not talking about 1845.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT