WRH at East Duplin rematch. (Poll)

Who ya got in round 3?

• East Duplin

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Wallace

Votes: 34 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are absolutely correct, qt! MANY have the exact same assessment that you have just stated. You do not have to be a genius to beat ED like some are trying to portray. You really don’t

Pam Pack will have something to say
They are coming for blood, not looking good for us unfortunately. Toss up

I think you're giving them an awful lot of credit so that when you win it'll look good. I haven't seen Washington play but they got handled by West Craven.

I know the transitive property doesn't apply to football but if your Eagles are as good as advertised this game should be but a speed bump on your way to Duplin County.

I think you're giving them an awful lot of credit so that when you win it'll look good. I haven't seen Washington play but they got handled by West Craven.

I know the transitive property doesn't apply to football but if your Eagles are as good as advertised this game should be but a speed bump on your way to Duplin County.

They are good, the last few years proved they are legit

Football can be a tough game to figure. We played Washington in our first conference game. They drove the field on their first possession and their rb scored on a 35 yd run. After that we contained him the rest of the night. They threw a couple of screen passes to him and got him out for some big gains but we held them from scoring to win easily 26-7. But Washington is still in. Did they just have an off night against us? Who knows. I don't see them being anything close to NE. If I had to guess I'd say NE by 30.

Goobs just like to hype up the team they play next. He know this team Got killed by WC and WC is terrible we saw last night. NE by 35+

Football can be a tough game to figure. We played Washington in our first conference game. They drove the field on their first possession and their rb scored on a 35 yd run. After that we contained him the rest of the night. They threw a couple of screen passes to him and got him out for some big gains but we held them from scoring to win easily 26-7. But Washington is still in. Did they just have an off night against us? Who knows. I don't see them being anything close to NE. If I had to guess I'd say NE by 30.
I agree. Northeastern wont have a competitive game until they play the Duplin Co boys

Think I will go back to ED next week. Should be a great game. Was there last night on the Clinton side with an old friend. Very entertaining game. I will say I am pretty surprised at some of the comments I heard last night in the stands and have read on here. High school football is officiated by officials who I am sure the majority have regular jobs. High school football also doesnt have instant replay or coaches challenges. Mistakes happen. Calls are missed each game. I dont know if the result of the play was a catch or not but you play on. The play happened in the second quarter for Pete's sake. Result of the drive was a TD but there were still roughly 2:00 to play in the half yet Clinton decided to take a couple of knees and go to half with a couple of time outs left? With ED getting the 2nd half kickoff (which I think resulted in a FG making it 24-14)? Interesting to me anyway.

As far as the chain "breaking", sure it is odd but the football didnt move. One of the officials kept in his hand on the ball the entire time. When the chain was repaired and placed down it was half of the ball. Dont understand why everyone getting worked up over that. I think the clip came off instead of the chain breaking.

I do think ED got the benefit of a 4th and 1 when it appeared the runner was stopped short of the line to gain but you play on, make a stop and go score. From my vantage point the Clinton qb was stopped short on the 4th and 1 inside the 15. He had to get to the 10 and it was obvious he didnt make it. I also think Clinton got a break when ED was flagged for roughing the passer on the Clinton sideline on 4th down. My point is, these things most of the time balance out.

Not a fan of either team, but I thought both played pretty well. If I was a Clinton fan, I would question why #24 does not get more touches. Their play calling appeared to be QB heavy as far as draws and some RPOs and I think #24 could have been more of a factor. As far as ED, if you are old school (like me) you have to admire what they do. I thought they were the better team and made plays when it counted. They had a better defense and far superior special teams. If the teams played five times this year, I think ED wins at least four.

How does all that translate to the topic? It doesnt. So, I will just say I look forward to going next week and another meal at that Thai restaurant. I am sure it will be a great game.

Congrats to the Panthers.

Use to enjoy reading your articles but I’m not paying any subscription, sorry
Think I will go back to ED next week. Should be a great game. Was there last night on the Clinton side with an old friend. Very entertaining game. I will say I am pretty surprised at some of the comments I heard last night in the stands and have read on here. High school football is officiated by officials who I am sure the majority have regular jobs. High school football also doesnt have instant replay or coaches challenges. Mistakes happen. Calls are missed each game. I dont know if the result of the play was a catch or not but you play on. The play happened in the second quarter for Pete's sake. Result of the drive was a TD but there were still roughly 2:00 to play in the half yet Clinton decided to take a couple of knees and go to half with a couple of time outs left? With ED getting the 2nd half kickoff (which I think resulted in a FG making it 24-14)? Interesting to me anyway.

As far as the chain "breaking", sure it is odd but the football didnt move. One of the officials kept in his hand on the ball the entire time. When the chain was repaired and placed down it was half of the ball. Dont understand why everyone getting worked up over that. I think the clip came off instead of the chain breaking.

I do think ED got the benefit of a 4th and 1 when it appeared the runner was stopped short of the line to gain but you play on, make a stop and go score. From my vantage point the Clinton qb was stopped short on the 4th and 1 inside the 15. He had to get to the 10 and it was obvious he didnt make it. I also think Clinton got a break when ED was flagged for roughing the passer on the Clinton sideline on 4th down. My point is, these things most of the time balance out.

Not a fan of either team, but I thought both played pretty well. If I was a Clinton fan, I would question why #24 does not get more touches. Their play calling appeared to be QB heavy as far as draws and some RPOs and I think #24 could have been more of a factor. As far as ED, if you are old school (like me) you have to admire what they do. I thought they were the better team and made plays when it counted. They had a better defense and far superior special teams. If the teams played five times this year, I think ED wins at least four.

How does all that translate to the topic? It doesnt. So, I will just say I look forward to going next week and another meal at that Thai restaurant. I am sure it will be a great game.
no excused for bad officiating. The worst officiated game I have ever seen and I’ve seen a whole lot of them in my 72 years. They took the job officiating, no one twisted their arms. Every single call that some would say was close went ED’s way. The white hat had a homecoming of sorts corojoling with the fans. I think he had a homecoming committe in the end zone near the ticket box. He knew exactly what he was doing and it wasn’t good..

• Haha
Reactions: Rammer16 and UNC91

no excused for bad officiating. The worst officiated game I have ever seen and I’ve seen a whole lot of them in my 72 years. They took the job officiating, no one twisted their arms. Every single call that some would say was close went ED’s way. The white hat had a homecoming of sorts corojoling with the fans. I think he had a homecoming committe in the end zone near the ticket box. He knew exactly what he was doing and it wasn’t good..
latest

Anyone planning on going to this one better get there early this may set a record for attendance around here. We
It will be hard to beat the attendance of the 1997 Easter championship ED /Clinton game though there will be more seated At that game 12/5/97 everyone was there at 6pm. It was 35 degrees and crowd estimated to be between 5-6,000 there.I know this it was the largest crowd I personally have been to at a high school site for a game.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79

Whine whine whine.

If you couldn’t see an officiating bias particularly by the white hat, then you should enjoy next weeks game because it doesn’t take much to please you mainly because you’re actually blind

• Haha
Reactions: Rammer16 and UNC91
It will be hard to beat the attendance of the 1997 Easter championship ED /Clinton game though there will be more seated At that game 12/5/97 everyone was there at 6pm. It was 35 degrees and crowd estimated to be between 5-6,000 there.I know this it was the largest crowd I personally have been to at a high school site for a game.
Well that’s getting ready to be broken this week period!!

Reactions: UNC91
Whine whine whine.
Tdpass, Wiz only has two modes and they are:
1) Brag about what Clinton HAS done in the past or How Good Clinton USE TO BE.

2) Whine like a Baby when Clinton loses and how Clinton was better but this or that happened to keep them from a win.

Last night the better team won simple as that but apparently Wiz's seeing eye dog told him otherwise.

Either way, it's now dribble dribble time in Sampson county.

As for the classy Clinton posters like darkhorse34 and some others, great game last night. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

As for Wiz, in his first post in reference to last night's event, he said that would be his only response lol We all see how true that was, think he may be a lil senile😆

I think ED wins, but i would love for Wallace to come back to the Packs den again. So if you do want to come back you better take care of business next Friday night. I would love to play another home game if we take care of our business against SP. I know you want to, because i would like to see Konye in action.

Last edited:
Where's my man Fence Guy? I miss him going after Wizard and UNC91.🤣🤣 Guy is alright with me

• Haha
Wiz, I'll bet when you come home everyday your dog goes in the other room.
Don’t have a dog, but you will Friday. Since you called me out I’ll tell you, you’re a shining example why almost every DarkHorse fan I know( and I know a lot of them) but you’re an example of why most every Darkzhorse fan hates East Duplin. You don’t know how to win because you really haven’t won anything so I understand you ain’t been.l there before!.

• Haha
I think ED wins, but i would love for Wallace to come back to the Packs den again. So if you do want to come back you better take care of business next Friday night. I would love to play another home game if we take care of our business against SP. I know you want to, because i would like to see Konye in action.
Man where are all the Wallace posters? You all must not want to come back to Whiteville if both of us win. I figured all of you would jump on this. Must not want to after 2 years ago.

Reactions: dogs79
Wiz... don’t try and jump on the WRH train now after all the crap you‘ve been spewing this past week how WC was gonna stomp our butts. Go over to NE with Goob because we don’t want your support.
You got me mixed up with someone else.I don't talk crap about any team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT