WRH at East Duplin rematch. (Poll)

Who ya got in round 3?

• East Duplin

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Wallace

Votes: 34 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I promised @olddog77 I won’t say anything negative.
You need to stick to that too! But I think you should be worried. Washington had the easiest draw of any of the teams still in the playoffs last night. Them scoring 47 points on NE is puzzling. They scored only 7 on us. Never came close to scoring again after their first drive on us. You saw what WRH did to us.

Class act. 99 too. Different from 2017. We getting to old to stress. Lol
Thanks Man. By what you have said I'm not quite as old as you and I like to play around on here but pretty much tell it straight. And I won't whine or disappear like some of these teams superfans.🤣 And I hope your health improves so you can get back to the games

Last edited:
Thanks Man. By what you have said I'm not quite as old as you and I like to play around on here but pretty much tell it straight. And I won't whine or disappear like some of these teams superfans.🤣 And I hope your health improves so you can get back to the games
I just finished watching it on NFHS. It was a hard fought game by both teams. I enjoyed ED's broadcast guy's in the 4th qtr. Around the 9:30 mark when ED went for it on 4th down and was unsuccessful. "Hot damn it" and then around 8:10 when WRH punted inside the 5 yd line. "Oh Sh&t". Sounded like something I would have done! :p

Said he was trying to get off work next week for trip to Elizabeth city 🤣🤣🤣

You gonna get ganged up on if the game is there
I had a senior moment when a co-worker asked me to pull his call a couple of months back. Never considered football. Never got brought up until yesterday morning. I was dumbfounded by it. Couldn't get anyone to help me out. One was out of town on a hunting trip. If he had been there he would have. Not just any of the guys can pull my call. I'm in charge on call and its takes another in charge to pull my call. But it's all good. The dude I'm pulling call for this weekend don't know it yet but he has call next weekend. I'm going to Liz City!!
@olddog77 Don't worry about me ganging up on @dogs79. After last nights games I don't see how NE can keep up with that Bulldog offense. I think @daagoob will find out something about that WRH defense too. I was glad to see Kevin get that win over battle. He's a good guy from a good family and after talking to him after our game last week I found out we have a lot in common. Both of us almost lost a leg and both of us had praying Mom's behind us!!

The defense is def playing better we have defended the pass the last couple of weeks with picks so I’m not saying we’re bama or somebody but we will make plays u win some u lose some matchups we will all c as Goob says wrh is not good but I don’t think coach moore says that no shade Goob just spilling the tea even coach moore said wrh was good when we conversated in wc !!

The defense is def playing better we have defended the pass the last couple of weeks with picks so I’m not saying we’re bama or somebody but we will make plays u win some u lose some matchups we will all c as Goob says wrh is not good but I don’t think coach moore says that no shade Goob just spilling the tea even coach moore said wrh was good when we conversated in wc !!
Looking forward to this game.

Coach Moore knows it's going to be tough. I didn't see him at West Craven. Wish I had I would have talked to him. He's a great guy too. I like him from the few times I have talked to him. I imagine the kids love playing for him.

Class act. 99 too. Different from 2017. We getting to old to stress. Lol

I always try to be respectful to everyone. Except for Wiz and Goob. Wiz has NEVER shown an ounce of respect to his opponents. He's a bad loser and an even worse winner. Just an old curmudgeon prattling around Sampson Co. waiting to die.

And Goob is just trying to get a rise out of everyone and most of ya'll play right into his hands. Northeastern has a good program. They play a bunch of tomato cans, but they're still good. Those aren't mutually exclusive.

As for the game. ED had chances to take a stranglehold early on. They stopped WRH after the opening kick and marched it down the field twice and only came away with three points. Untimely penalties and special teams (which EVERYONE thought we had the advantage in) were our undoing.

The kickoff return and the punt that pinned us on the four yard line for the last drive were the difference in the game. Take nothing away from Wallace's kids. These were two evenly matched teams punching each other in the mouth all night. East Duplin has just a handful of seniors in the two deep. Next year could be special. As long as ED has Battle Holley and Brian Aldridge on the sidelines they'll have a shot against anyone.

I noticed when WRH had received kick-off at beginning, Farrior was not back with Kanye. Coach had him positioned where they would pooch kick too and Pearsall back with Kanye. After ED kickoff after FG, ED pooched it to Farrior and Farrior took it to the house. What a move. Special teams are playing well.

I was told East Duplin sold two books of tickets in ADVANCE of the gate last night. (A book is 1000 tickets) it looked like there were AT LEAST 4K people there. I've never had to park down the road in the orchard before... and I got there at 6pm

I parked in the front of the school in the parking lot and got out fast after the wrecked cars were moved

You need to stick to that too! But I think you should be worried. Washington had the easiest draw of any of the teams still in the playoffs last night. Them scoring 47 points on NE is puzzling. They scored only 7 on us. Never came close to scoring again after their first drive on us. You saw what WRH did to us.
Otis y'all played Washington What like the 4 game of the season that's almost 10 games ago teams gets better as the season go on and since y'all beat them they average probably about 40 something a game

I was told East Duplin sold two books of tickets in ADVANCE of the gate last night. (A book is 1000 tickets) it looked like there were AT LEAST 4K people there. I've never had to park down the road in the orchard before... and I got there at 6pm
1996 clinton v ED was like that. Tjat was the Willy Parker coming out party.

Otis y'all played Washington What like the 4 game of the season that's almost 10 games ago teams gets better as the season go on and since y'all beat them they average probably about 40 something a game
That's true James. That is why I said it was puzzling. They were just not that good when we played.

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
That's true James. That is why I said it was puzzling. They were just not that good when we played.
They were playing after canceling a game because they had death within their football program. I can't remember if it was a player or not. But they didn't play good that first game back.

Reactions: daagoob
They were playing after canceling a game because they had death within their football program. I can't remember if it was a player or not. But they didn't play good that first game back.
No they played Northern Nash and lost the week before playing us. Now they had a gap between playing First Flight and Northern Nash. Maybe that is what you are talking about. I don't remember hearing any of that before.

I asked about that this morning. They had a kid on the team that did commit suicide. Terrible. They lost a game to covid I guess after playing First Flight. Then played Northern Nash and then us. So coming back from a nearly 2 week layoff would affect the way they played against us. We saw it ourselves at the beginning of the season. I did not know about the death or that they had dealt with covid.

I asked about that this morning. They had a kid on the team that did commit suicide. Terrible. They lost a game to covid I guess after playing First Flight. Then played Northern Nash and then us. So coming back from a nearly 2 week layoff would affect the way they played against us. We saw it ourselves at the beginning of the season. I did not know about the death or that they had dealt with covid.
Otis they looked good, they weren’t terrible like everyone up here kept saying. That qb of theirs looked good, just as good as ours but could run better They also brought a big crowd which surprised me for a team everyone said was so bad. They had more people there than we did

Otis they looked good, they weren’t terrible like everyone up here kept saying. That qb of theirs looked good, just as good as ours but could run better They also brought a big crowd which surprised me for a team everyone said was so bad. They had more people there than we did
Past few seasons Washington has played some good football, especially on offense. I remember in the Spring, they were the only team to score on Kinston in the regular season. A come from behind win 50-49. I don't understand why their game against Wallace didn't happen this season. At the beginning of this season they were on Wallace schedule, then I seen where they were replaced by Rosewood.

Past few seasons Washington has played some good football, especially on offense. I remember in the Spring, they were the only team to score on Kinston in the regular season. A come from behind win 50-49. I don't understand why their game against Wallace didn't happen this season. At the beginning of this season they were on Wallace schedule, then I seen where they were replaced by Rosewood.
I would’ve loved to c that game wash vs wrh that would’ve been a game to c

Well knowing they had dealt with covid explains a lot for how they looked against us and how they are playing now. Same thing happened to us. We didn't start playing good until we played Washington and that was our 4th game. We played decent against Havelock in our 2nd game but Havelock was just coming out of covid protocol themselves so I knew we didn't get their best game. Washington has to be better than they were when we played because they made a good run in the playoffs. I would never had talked down about them had I known about them having covid and then a team member dying. I lost 2 good friends when I was in high school in the mid 70's. I can well remember the hurt of that. It's never gone away. I've taken my kid's to Fort Barnwell where they are buried and told my kid's about them.

Otis, I’ve called NFHS about connectivity problems and constant buffering(I contacted AppleCare during the games and they got on line with my computer and they said it was NFHS’s end. Well I went through the channels and got a response and ticket order on it for what it’s worth “502 Bad Gateway” crap
Ottis, I did get some feedback from. NFHS:
b9436a8fdb0c9bad19ea942924fcf14e
Priscilla (NFHS Network Subscribers)
Nov 22, 2021, 7:22 PM EST
Hello,

On behalf of the NFHS Network, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience.

The website is now up and running.

Thank you.

Ottis, I did get some feedback from. NFHS:
b9436a8fdb0c9bad19ea942924fcf14e
Priscilla (NFHS Network Subscribers)
Nov 22, 2021, 7:22 PM EST
Hello,

On behalf of the NFHS Network, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience.

The website is now up and running.

Thank you.
It was frustrating. I wish I had just gone on to the game. I didn't get called out the whole weekend. But if I had of gone they would have called for sure. I just got home from fixing a bad underground service tonight. In fact I made enough I might could make a little bet with daagoob!! 😂😂

Picking your owm staff means firing tenured teachers thst have been there and done that. Highschool is mot like college where you clean house. Coaching is t he addition to tbe job. Teaching is the primary. These guts that help Mott hsve been around to help other coa hes do great things! Other schools have to scrap to get 8-9 coaches that all work in the school. Especially a school as small as Wallace.

1997-98 which would make it the fall of 1997. I know. it was my junior year. I graduated in 1998-99
In 1996 Clinton played South Columbus in the Eastern Championship.
Hey!!! Got my years mixed up. In 1996 they met in Eastern Semifinals and you are absolutely right they played in the eastern finals in 1997. I found both brackets online.

Hey!!! Got my years mixed up. In 1996 they met in Eastern Semifinals and you are absolutely right they played in the eastern finals in 1997. I found both brackets online.

Picking your owm staff means firing tenured teachers thst have been there and done that. Highschool is mot like college where you clean house. Coaching is t he addition to tbe job. Teaching is the primary. These guts that help Mott hsve been around to help other coa hes do great things! Other schools have to scrap to get 8-9 coaches that all work in the school. Especially a school as small as Wallace.

You don't have to work at the school to coach lol? Very easy to bring your own and new staff in?

Washington canceled the game against Wallace because of some type of conflict, quarantine or something. Wallace had to scramble and reschedule somebody they wouldn't have a dead week

Last edited:
Reactions: KenanTigers1998
You don't have to work at the school to coach lol? Very easy to bring your own and new staff in?
You are correct you do not have to work at school to coach on the staff. And Wallace has 3 or 4 volunteer coaches. 4 assistants have all played college football. 6 played at Wallace. Hell Mott knew most of these coaches before he got there. 4 of these guys were hired under Mott. And lastly by having more coaches working in the building they're able to keep an eye on the players academics and behavior

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT