ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling forum?

Diablo

Jun 11, 2001
Deana, I can't seem to find a wrestling forum. Is there one?

I was wandering also why the NCPreps wrestling forum was dropped? As for that forum listed above- it's lame and controlled by sissy butthurt coaches who can't take the truth.

Robbinsville beat Avery last night on the mats. Then we lost to Mitchell by three points.
After winning the SMC ten years straight we have been down the last 2 yrs. Hope you guys have had fun because we r going on another run starting next year. After a long football season that is. Go Black Knights..

Rosman advances to face Mitchell County as Tigers beat Mount Airy 46-30 on Tuesday night to advance the furtherest any Tiger Wresting team ever has in a dual meet competition....Mitchell will host the next round featuring a matchup with the Tigers, and Elkin will meet East Surry also at Mitchell...

Good luck to the Tigers!

Roar Tigers Roar!

As for that forum listed above- it's lame and controlled by sissy butthurt coaches who can't take the truth.

Well, Titletown or Mr. Reitzel or Godevilsgo or whatever you want to be called... To clarify your comment, that other forum, is run by moderators, only 1 of which is a current coach.

I'm sure any one of them will be more than happy to deactivate your account to help save you from all the lameness of it.

Or, maybe you could voice your displeasure with the site there, as opposed to talking smack on a different forum.

Gonna try and make it out to Mitchell tonight. Think that Mitchell/Rosman will be a a battle. Hopefully Mitchell's experience will come through and they can continue toward another title. Robbinsville gave Mitchell all they wanted. Rosman defeated Mitchell early in the year.

Was not able to get to Mitchell but was sent the score of Mitchell 44 Rosman 22. Can't verify for certain but if so congratulations to Rosman for a great year. Hopefully Mitchell can move on past regionals tonight.

Was Mitchell vs rville really as close as the score. Or did mitchell forfeit a few after the win was in hand? We are young this year. Next yr we will be better but after that we should be loaded. Anyway, good luck MHS

It was that close score was tied going into last match.
Congratulations to the men from Mitchell for making it to the title match for the third straight yr.

good luck too my rosewood high eagles!!! this was too a re-build year as we lost 15 from last year. good luck too both teams!! and im very proud of my rhs eagles!!!

Rosman advances to face Mitchell County as Tigers beat Mount Airy 46-30 on Tuesday night to advance the furtherest any Tiger Wresting team ever has in a dual meet competition....Mitchell will host the next round featuring a matchup with the Tigers, and Elkin will meet East Surry also at Mitchell...

Good luck to the Tigers!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Rick, Rosman made it to the Regional Dual Team finals in 2003 and lost to Alleghany 42-39. That's the furtherest the Wrestling team has made it in the State Duals.

Rick, Rosman made it to the Regional Dual Team finals in 2003 and lost to Alleghany 42-39. That's the furtherest the Wrestling team has made it in the State Duals.

Thanks for the correction! Wasn't sure whether we've ever had enough wrestlers before this year to have a chance at a Dual Regional Finals due to forfeits in the past, but seems that Wesley Whitman is doing an outstanding job with this sport, and we seem to have enough wrestlers to fill all or most of the weight classes this year?...

Don't think that we've ever had an individual win a state wrestling title before, and believe that the Ramey kid finished either 2nd or 3rd several years ago, and seems that I remember he finished higher than any Rosman wrestler before or since, but again could be wrong?

I do know that we have several wrestlers on this year's squad who will have a chance at the Individual meet later this week, and hope one or more of those guys bring home the gold medal....

Roar Tigers Roar!

Thanks for the correction! Wasn't sure whether we've ever had enough wrestlers before this year to have a chance at a Dual Regional Finals due to forfeits in the past, but seems that Wesley Whitman is doing an outstanding job with this sport, and we seem to have enough wrestlers to fill all or most of the weight classes this year?...

Don't think that we've ever had an individual win a state wrestling title before, and believe that the Ramey kid finished either 2nd or 3rd several years ago, and seems that I remember he finished higher than any Rosman wrestler before or since, but again could be wrong?

I do know that we have several wrestlers on this year's squad who will have a chance at the Individual meet later this week, and hope one or more of those guys bring home the gold medal....

Roar Tigers Roar!

Yes the 2003 team beat East Surry and Polk Co. to advance to the Regional finals. Wesley is doing more than an outstanding job. Rosman hasn't had an individual state champ yet but with this years group that could all change. James Henderson also finished 2nd. back when Ramey wrestled also.

Here is the returning ranked wrestlers in the SMC.
Robbinsville
106lbs Broome 11th grade/ranked 10th.
113lbs Orr. 11th grade/ranked 4th.
132lbs Millsaps 9th grade/ranked 9th.
138lbs Cable. 11th grade/ranked 4th.
Swain Co.
145lbs Lowe. 11th grade/ranked 10th.
160lbs Winchester 10th grade/ranked 9th.
220lbs Cutshaw 11th grade/ranked 6th.
285lbs Wildcat. 11th grade/ranked 7th.
Cherokee.
145lbs Toineeta 11th grade/ranked 2nd.
160lbs Woodard. 11th grade/ranked 4th.
Rosman.
145lbs. Whitman 11th grade/ranked 4th.
Murphy.
170lbs. Farmer 10th grade/ranked 8th.

Here is the returning ranked wrestlers in the SMC.
Robbinsville
106lbs Broome 11th grade/ranked 10th.
113lbs Orr. 11th grade/ranked 4th.
132lbs Millsaps 9th grade/ranked 9th.
138lbs Cable. 11th grade/ranked 4th.
Swain Co.
145lbs Lowe. 11th grade/ranked 10th.
160lbs Winchester 10th grade/ranked 9th.
220lbs Cutshaw 11th grade/ranked 6th.
285lbs Wildcat. 11th grade/ranked 7th.
Cherokee.
145lbs Toineeta 11th grade/ranked 2nd.
160lbs Woodard. 11th grade/ranked 4th.
Rosman.
145lbs. Whitman 11th grade/ranked 4th.
Murphy.
170lbs. Farmer 10th grade/ranked 8th.
Hayesville has Keith Cook 9th grade at 106 who dropped out of the rankings the week after he beat broome for the 1st time at conference championship and then beat him again at regionals so I wouldnt put to much stock into retro rankings. They always have the east mixed in there and usually get dominated at state by the west.

Last edited:
Congrats to Coach Wesley Whitman and the Tigers on their impressive showing in the State Championships on saturday in Greensboro, finishing a close 2nd to Rosewood for the team title, which could be the highest team finish ever for a Tiger wrestling team, but some other Tiger fan would have to confirm that?...

Individually, the Tigers had 7 wrestlers at the event with Sr. Ethan Orr finishing 2nd in his weight division, while Srs. Landon Shipman and Andres Villagomez finished third along with freshman Marcus Stamey in their weight class....Sr. Tristan Praytor and Jr. Tanner Whitman finished 4th after tough decision losses in the consolation finals....

Couldn't make the trip, but followed the progress of the Tiger wrestlers on the NCHSAA web site!

Again, congrats to the team and coaches on a great season, and good luck to the Seniors with their future endeavors!!

Roar Tigers Roar!

Tigertown, congrats to the Tigers on their runner up finish and all the guys who qualified for the state finals. As a Mitchell fan, I know the feeling of finishing second to Rosewood. From what I here this was a rebuilding year for Rosewood, so it may be tougher next season.

Congrats also to Dalton Beaver from Mitchell on his second state title and to Will Atkins for finishing the season undefeated and a a state champ.

Not to be left out congrats to all those guys from both school who show up to practice everyday to make these individuals better. Also thanks to the coaches and parents for supporting your program and children.

Reactions: Tigertown_a_Rick
Tigertown, congrats to the Tigers on their runner up finish and all the guys who qualified for the state finals. As a Mitchell fan, I know the feeling of finishing second to Rosewood. From what I here this was a rebuilding year for Rosewood, so it may be tougher next season.

Congrats also to Dalton Beaver from Mitchell on his second state title and to Will Atkins for finishing the season undefeated and a a state champ.

Not to be left out congrats to all those guys from both school who show up to practice everyday to make these individuals better. Also thanks to the coaches and parents for supporting your program and children.

Thanks wncbowhunter, and I echo the congratulations to both Beaver and Atkins for bringing the gold back to the Mountains....Both those guys earned their hardware this year, and agree that community support is paramount....Also a big congrats to Rosman freshman Marcus Stamey who perhaps finished higher at the state wrestling event than any other Rosman freshman ever has....Quite an accomplishment for that young man who has a very bright wrestling future ahead of him....

I also read about Rosewood, and seems that they will once again be a force next season as you mentioned, so congrats also go to the Eagle wrestlers who claimed both the Dual and Individual team titles, this year....

Thanks wncbowhunter, and I echo the congratulations to both Beaver and Atkins for bringing the gold back to the Mountains....Both those guys earned their hardware this year, and agree that community support is paramount....Also a big congrats to Rosman freshman Marcus Stamey who perhaps finished higher at the state wrestling event than any other Rosman freshman ever has....Quite an accomplishment for that young man who has a very bright wrestling future ahead of him....

I also read about Rosewood, and seems that they will once again be a force next season as you mentioned, so congrats also go to the Eagle wrestlers who claimed both the Dual and Individual team titles, this year....

Marcus is a talented kid. He is going to be a force to be reckoned with moving ahead. We lost a lot of seniors off this season't team, but there are some good young wrestlers in the program and some middle school kids moving up that have done well too, just not as many, numbers wise, as we would like, I think. In the SMC Robbinsville has a good crop of young kids and so does Swain. As for the Tigers, like most 1A schools, it will be about how we are able to fill the weight classes in the future, it will be tough if they all stay the same size and don't spread out as they grow and mature.

Rville will be back in drivers seat next yr after a two yr slump. Can we go on another ten yr run? Maybe.

I noticed you were missing from the basketball boards the last couple of weeks BK,wondered what happened to you.

Actually,it's basketball.Look at the top of the page,or the Black Knight basketball program for correct spelling.They should be coming out real soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT