ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC Conference Opening Picks

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
Surely there are some people out there willing to talk about this weeks games. I know some teams are struggling but Asheville, Erwin, TCR you guys are still good teams, records are deceiving! Heads up people, this conference is going to be a battle, and I mean for ALL positions. Just my humble opinion, though. What's your thoughts???

West Henderson at North Buncombe (Thursday)
Erwin at AC Reynolds
TC Roberson at Asheville
Enka at Tuscola

Surely there are some people out there willing to talk about this weeks games. I know some teams are struggling but Asheville, Erwin, TCR you guys are still good teams, records are deceiving! Heads up people, this conference is going to be a battle, and I mean for ALL positions. Just my humble opinion, though. What's your thoughts???

West Henderson at North Buncombe (Thursday)
Erwin at AC Reynolds
TC Roberson at Asheville
Enka at Tuscola

My thoughts are the Mac conference is 5-13.
This board has as little chatter on it as I've ever seen in 10 years. Nobody seems very interested in talking about football at Roberson Ahs and Erwin. Roberson is the best of us 3 "losing teams" too.

The three teams you mention are good teams and have lost to high quality opponents, it's not like they are losing to bad teams. I thought with the new conference and a "new" season starting this week people would be more supportive of their teams and the possibilities that lie ahead. I'm not counting out any of the top 5 teams as far as a chance to make noise. I think the conference will be a battle.

Congrats to Reynolds on their win over Erwin tonight. You guys have a dang good team. I was happy with Erwin as well having a chance to tie the game in the 4th. The young qb is slowly coming around and Isaiah Poore looked really good. On another note sounds like Roberson vs Asheville was a good game. In all honesty I don't think this conference it's as down as we have made it out. Erwin has played 3 very good teams. Roberson and Asheville have done the same. West Henderson looks good. Tuscola is a good team. Even North Hendo is decent. It's not top heavy like usual with the exception of ACR, but I like the balance.

Last edited:
My thoughts are the Mac conference is 5-13.
This board has as little chatter on it as I've ever seen in 10 years. Nobody seems very interested in talking about football at Roberson Ahs and Erwin. Roberson is the best of us 3 "losing teams" too.
I stand corrected. Roberson has talent, but we were the better team.

Reactions: cougars45
to be honest erwin is a much better team than i was expecting them to be. that isaih poore kid is a great running back. best player on the field tonight no doubt. hes by far the best weve seen this year. erwin has real good size and a lot of speed. congrats to them they played a great game i thought. a very entertaining game.we threw the ball well and our running game is starting to come aroung with the number 7 kid starting to look real impressive with his power and speed. go green. sounds like the asheville and roberson game was a nail biter as well

Reactions: BD Warrior
Asheville was a completely different team with 15 at qb. He's a big threat to run, but he can also throw it if need be. I think he gives us our best chance to be competitive the rest of the year. Our current qb is good but he's so young, 15 would be a dual threat back there with 1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT