ADVERTISEMENT

Who's next at Pinecrest? Metzger resigns.

Pinecrest has lost a LOT. They lost their tremendous basketball coach last week. Neither would have EVER left Pinecrest if not for two reasons.

I will not post what those reasons are, but I do hope the reasons become EXTREMELY evident soon.

Reactions: RD28327
He turned them around for sure but under him they also was kicked from the playoffs two times. Once for a pre game fight and once for a ineligible player.

Reactions: UNC91
He turned them around for sure but under him they also was kicked from the playoffs two times. Once for a pre game fight and once for a ineligible player.

There was the fight in 2010 during a game, but, he did not file paperwork in regards to the "eight quarter rule" in 2015.

Last edited:
Pinecrest has lost a LOT. They lost their tremendous basketball coach last week. Neither would have EVER left Pinecrest if not for two reasons.

I will not post what those reasons are, but I do hope the reasons become EXTREMELY evident soon.
Is this something that will haunt Montgomery Central in the future?

Interesting that Nick Eddins was added. If the administration didn't support and appreciate Metzger, why would Eddins or any other top-shelf coach show interest?

If they are serious about keeping this football team relevant, here are some names I would call.

1. Ben Hammer - Head coach in Illinois, former Pinecrest asst.
2. Will Clark - Scotland asst.
3. Greg Williams - Richmond asst.
4. James Johnson - Richmond asst.
5. Brad Denson - Richmond asst.
6. Keith Wood - West Brunswick asst.
7. Andrew Carrouth - North Moore head coach
8. Steve Burdeau - Lee County head coach
9. Seth Baxter - SW Randolph head coach
10. Todd Willert - East Forsyth head coach
11. Ralph Jackson - Anson head coach
12. Richard Shuping - Rolesville asst.
13. Jason Wilkes - Former Cary head coach
14. Randy Ragland - Middle Creek head coach
15. Jeb Hall - Fuquay-Varina head coach

Interesting that Nick Eddins was added. If the administration didn't support and appreciate Metzger, why would Eddins or any other top-shelf coach show interest?

If they are serious about keeping this football team relevant, here are some names I would call.

You are right about Coach Eddins. Didn't understand the situation at Pinecrest.

Chris, what about Coach Hickman's DC at West Brunswick...I think his last name is Pardue or Perdue? Seems like they had a very stingy defense and he seems to be well respected.

Appreciate you shining light on what the issue was at Pinecrest, Chris. I saw where someone earlier on this post mentioned that the truth would come out eventually.
Damn shame for leadership not to support him. You can’t get everything as a coach, but it has to be pretty bad for it to get it this point.

Reactions: RD28327
Chris, what about Coach Hickman's DC at West Brunswick...I think his last name is Pardue or Perdue? Seems like they had a very stingy defense and he seems to be well respected.
Caleb Pardue is a strong candidate for any head coaching job. I'm not sure if he's planning on leaving the beach, but he's good enough for any level. On that note, I would also look at Brett Hickman for this opening as well.
I would put Lee County DC Andrae Jacobs on that list.
I totally concur, RD. He's a strong head coach in waiting.

Barry Harman. Salisbury head football coach and AD, (I think) is an East Montgomery alum, not Mark Harman. Two different guys we're talking about here.

Barry Harman. Salisbury head football coach and AD, (I think) is an East Montgomery alum, not Mark Harman. Two different guys we're talking about here.
That would be Brian Hinson. RD you had the initials right, brother.

OK, there was a Ted Harman who coached both at East Montgomery and West Montgomery back in the 80s and 90s (I think). I knew there was a Harman somewhere with Montgomery County ties. I serious doubt the two Harmans are related!

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
OK, there was a Ted Harman who coached both at East Montgomery and West Montgomery back in the 80s and 90s (I think). I knew there was a Harman somewhere with Montgomery County ties. I serious doubt the two Harmans are related!
Correct. Ted Harman coached at West Montgomery in the early 90's and at East Montgomery after that and had success at both places.. I think he has a son who is involved in coaching. For some reason I thought the MP coach might be him.

Lots of calls from some coaches involved and some who interviewed, but not ready to put out any inside info yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT