ADVERTISEMENT

Who's next at Pinecrest? Metzger resigns.

$90k is stout.. But that’s not surprising with that big ole booster club they be having up there. I could drink a lot of booze and lose lots of golf balls with that chunk..
Hey fella....them is a lot of balls pa
Pump the brakes gentleman Coach Till is not going anywhere lol yes he is a great coach a good man a great leader of young men he has a great vision for community and the Raiders. Pinecrest coaching job is a great place to coach however good community support and great culture that coach metz built.
According to who?

Now, let me ask - what was the purpose of Senator Tom Mcinnis' visit last week?
McInnis be complaining about $41 million that NCHSAA is banking funded by public school systems. Who’s pocket them bucks lining! Big $$ in high school football lots of people don’t realize it..

McInnis be complaining about $41 million that NCHSAA is banking funded by public school systems. Who’s pocket them bucks lining! Big $$ in high school football lots of people don’t realize it..
Sir, now that you mentioned big bucks, didnt Coach Till live in the most expensive neighborhood in Richmond county or do I have it backwards?

Nice neighborhood for a welfare county..
Coach gett'n paid YO!

Well with Till hoping up younder to Pinecrest as you originally mentioned sir, I will say this my cousin - Steve Burdeau is 34-3 over up younder in Lee as head coach. To add to this record sir, Mr. Burdeau also has a state championship appearance. Now tell me who should be OC or head coach at Richmond. The players loved him.

Coach gett'n paid YO!

Well with Till hoping up younder to Pinecrest as you originally mentioned sir, I will say this my cousin - Steve Burdeau is 34-3 over up younder in Lee as head coach. To add to this record sir, Mr. Burdeau also has a state championship appearance. Now tell me who should be OC or head coach at Richmond. The players loved him.
I just said “word around the campfire”… Nothing more.. Burdeau was simply not in the clique. Great play caller and like you say he has a good record so far as Head coach. Probably a blessing in disguise for him..

Coach gett'n paid YO!

Coach Burdeau is a good coach and is doing a great job at lee county some of raider nation grew tired of him calling 4 wide hurry up pass pass or jet sweep every play yes the players did love him and coach Jacobs glad we got lee county back on the schedule.

Reactions: S2V2
Coach Burdeau is a good coach and is doing a great job at lee county some of raider nation grew tired of him calling 4 wide hurry up pass pass or jet sweep every play yes the players did love him and coach Jacobs glad we got lee county back on the schedule.
Shine yeah pa!!!!
I were'nt exactly there cuz, but I learnt me that Mr. Denson was on Mr. Castellano’s staff as rb coach at the time pa.

Yeah and so it came to be known then when Mr. Castellano was fired all his staff was fired except Mr. Denson.

Mr. Burdeau was Mr. Castellano's OC at Richmond as we all knows it.

Soon After following Mr. Castellano's a-firing, Mr. Burdeau was hired as head coach at Lee county.

And is you remember how Mr. Denson got's that job........something about a connection through the Chairman of the school board or something. Is you remember that?

There bees some fishy stuff back in them days pa...

I'm about's to go to my kelvinator and pop a co-cola and boil some egg-ins for breakfast.

Keep'on a-mashing them keys cuz

Last edited:
School board meeting was last night. Pinecrest still hasn't hired anyone as head football coach or even head boys basketball coach. I keep hearing the "interim" tag being thrown around for the football position. What's up w/that??? 🤔

Last edited:
School board meeting was last night. Pinecrest still hasn't hired anyone as head football coach or even head boys basketball coach. I keep hearing the "interim" tag being thrown around for the football position. What's up w/that??? 🤔
Now you do know that Pinecrest High School offered the Job to two highly dedicated, motivated, high speed individuals, but sadly sir those candidates turned down the job which left the thought of creating an interim slot for "Johnny Doe".

Ive been waiting on someone to post this without an actual article. But yest that would be him......he is considered your "Interim Football Coach" for Pincrest High School until they actually interview, find the right fit, and hire the match for the program.

Ive been waiting on someone to post this without an actual article. But yest that would be him......he is considered your "Interim Football Coach" for Pincrest High School until they actually interview, find the right fit, and hire the match for the program.
Great choice for this season. Take their time and get the right man for the job. Tough shoes to fill at Pinecrest.

• Love
Reactions: S2V2
Great choice for this season. Take their time and get the right man for the job. Tough shoes to fill at Pinecrest.
Very tough!
You better have a brain. The next coach has no option but to match Metzger's performance or raise the bar.

Reactions: Steelers71
Looks like no wants to follow Metzger. The old saying goes: rather follow the man that follows the man…than follow the man.

Here we are with all the type writing coaches banging Mr. Metzger.

Not every coach has his staff following him to the end of the world. What's the big deal whether they follow him or not......... He will be successful with or without them..

I believe just about every coach in life has decided to resign or got fired at least once or twice, unless you're a Mr. Tommy Knotts.

If for slight chance he reads this and notices that you are undervaluing him, everytime he wins from this day forward(even in life), he will remember every single one of you........

This interim thing I surprising. Haven’t been following this but I would have thought they could find a full time coach that people know. But hell,he may do a good job..

It’s difficult to get a top tier coach to leave and start a new job when the next season is about to begin.

They’ll hire a permanent coach after this season and they’ll be a lot more candidates putting in their resume.

Reactions: btango
This smells. I do not think this is about following Metzger. He did a great job but it is not like he won multiple state championships. This would be a great program to step into, on paper.

The key word is on paper.....you have to ask some questions about the administration here.......why did he leave? Why will no one else take the job????

The key word is on paper.....you have to ask some questions about the administration here.......why did he leave? Why will no one else take the job????
Here is my take on Pinecrest. From what I can gather it is the only county(Moore) in the Area whos population is growing. Montgomery Scottland Richmond, Hoke, Anson are all shrinking. Hell I remember when Anson was a contender in 4A and now they are a decent 2A school. I fear that Scottland and Richmond are on that path the next decade with people leaving. So Pinecrest is in a good spot there as far as kids being there. Also the other counties mentioned are one school counties you got what you got, Pinecrest has two other schools in the county North Moore and Union Pines so in theory you could poach a player or two to fill a need so that is also a plus compared to the other counties in the area. Look Scottland will continue to be 3A so the only 4A threat is Richmond and Pinecrest has proven they can play with them and who knows in 10 years Pinecrest may be the last big school in that Area. When you look at these dynamics the shrinking counties and Pinecrest being in the East you have a shot of being in the Mix

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Here is my take on Pinecrest. From what I can gather it is the only county(Moore) in the Area whos population is growing. Montgomery Scottland Richmond, Hoke, Anson are all shrinking. Hell I remember when Anson was a contender in 4A and now they are a decent 2A school. I fear that Scottland and Richmond are on that path the next decade with people leaving. So Pinecrest is in a good spot there as far as kids being there. Also the other counties mentioned are one school counties you got what you got, Pinecrest has two other schools in the county North Moore and Union Pines so in theory you could poach a player or two to fill a need so that is also a plus compared to the other counties in the area. Look Scottland will continue to be 3A so the only 4A threat is Richmond and Pinecrest has proven they can play with them and who knows in 10 years Pinecrest may be the last big school in that Area. When you look at these dynamics the shrinking counties and Pinecrest being in the East you have a shot of being in the Mix
You info about population is true. I think RC and SC have had their fair number of kids move in. Great programs will draw kids in no matter where you are. I know SC has had some kids from Fayetteville move in and that area always has plenty of talent. I am sure PC has had some players from other school in the county transfer in but just because RC and SC numbers are decreasing doesn’t mean kids still want come.
Things tend to run in cycles. I have posted to fans of SC and NB to enjoy the ride and appreciate the run of talent because there will be a drop off. Large schools in large counties are a different breed because many transfers do not have to travels as far, it is easier. From what I am hearing SC is down a bit in the talent pool. RC is enjoying a nice run with really good talent but they struggled from their own standard from 2011-2018. NB had a great run from 2010-2015 then the cycle hit them. Now they are coming back around. It will not last forever.

You’re dead-on except for Hoke Co. Hoke is growing right now due to military families spilling over from Fayetteville. Raeford will experience a relative boom in the future.

Damn shame what’s happened to Anson, too.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
You’re dead-on except for Hoke Co. Hoke is growing right now due to military families spilling over from Fayetteville. Raeford will experience a relative boom in the future.

I’m a 2001 graduate of Anson. My SR year was the last year as a 4a program. Since then, outside of 2-3 years or respectable teams the program has experienced some tough years. Ralph Jackson and staff had their hands full rebuilding the program from the ground up. At the point they are able to contend in their current conference, but the talent pool that he is picking from is far weaker than it was 20 years ago.

Sad to say I saw Scotland going 3A almost 10 years ago.... Nothing pulling people to the area (jobs).... I really knew it wouldn't be long when we started playing a good number of guys on both sides of the ball. Hate to see it happen to my home county but it was inevitable. I'm hoping we can hold the numbers to stay 3A.

Black and Yellow.... you're correct about Hoke... as their population grows and they keep a good coach like the one they have... they are going to be very "noisy" in the coming few years.

As far as what's going on in Pinecrest, I'm not sure... sounds a little "politicie" to me... or maybe they were just caught off guard by his resignation and just need time to come up with something more permanent or long term. Hope they make a decision that's best for the young men.

Richmond is starting to show minute signs of population regression, not to the extent of Scotland but it’s happening.

Sad, but there’s nothing to draw newcomers nor bring back home those that go off and become relatively successful.

I know of a doctor, engineer, and school administrator, ranging in age from mid 20s to mid 30s that see no benefit in coming back to Richmond County.

Last edited:
Richmond is starting to show minute signs of population regression, not to the extent of Scotland but it’s happening.

Sad, but there’s nothing to draw newcomers nor bring back home those that go off and become relatively successful.

I know of a doctor, engineer, and school administrator, ranging in age from mid 20s to mid 30s that see no benefit in coming back to Richmond County.
You have seen that in many area like Mooresville, Kannapolis, Heck even Newton Conover and Maiden etc because Town changes over time.

Heck Kannapolis back in 80s n 90s were scary
Mooresville was a Smaller feel town but now it feeling like Charlotte
Look at Concord they have really gone down hill since that town is getting bigger and all n all these new schools

also The crowds aren’t the same in many towns n schools who use to draw a lot more back then like Kannapolis

It still confounds me how Laurinburg got a Chick-fil-A and Rockingham didn't. But, at leas Rockingham has a Hwy 55.
the reason rockingham didn't get a chick-fil-a is that they dont want the restaurant in a certain mile radius which is stupid

Dr here, but the school admin kind. Married to a doctor, the physician kind. Both born and raised in Richmond County. While we moved away for college, neither of us could wait to get back to RCO. We saw countless benefits of being back home.

I know every situation is different for why to move back or not move back - no shade being thrown to anyone.

Dr here, but the school admin kind. Married to a doctor, the physician kind. Both born and raised in Richmond County. While we moved away for college, neither of us could wait to get back to RCO. We saw countless benefits of being back home.

I know every situation is different for why to move back or not move back - no shade being thrown to anyone.
Absolutely agree.

You have seen that in many area like Mooresville, Kannapolis, Heck even Newton Conover and Maiden etc because Town changes over time.

Heck Kannapolis back in 80s n 90s were scary
Mooresville was a Smaller feel town but now it feeling like Charlotte
Look at Concord they have really gone down hill since that town is getting bigger and all n all these new schools

also The crowds aren’t the same in many towns n schools who use to draw a lot more back then like Kannapolis
The closing of the mills also hurt Concord and Kannapolis. Huge losses there.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT