ADVERTISEMENT

Union Pines

Does a long string of losing seasons Montgomery Central hurt Metzger's stock? Pinehurst is doing just fine with his replacement. Can he win at Union Pines? The folks at Montgomery Central (former WM boosters mostly) claim that they've provided every possible perk and advantage to make them an quick winner.
Meanwhile, a lot of the athletes walking the halls at MC aren't even playing football.

Does a long string of losing seasons Montgomery Central hurt Metzger's stock? Pinehurst is doing just fine with his replacement. Can he win at Union Pines? The folks at Montgomery Central (former WM boosters mostly) claim that they've provided every possible perk and advantage to make them an quick winner.
Meanwhile, a lot of the athletes walking the halls at MC aren't even playing football.
I met him this year and what a nice guy. And looking at all the bells and whistles they had on the sideline you are correct on providing. I was told it could be one of the nicest football facilities in the state.

I met him this year and what a nice guy. And looking at all the bells and whistles they had on the sideline you are correct on providing. I was told it could be one of the nicest football facilities in the state.
I went to a game there back in 2022. It was their last home game of the year vs Oak Grove. It was senior night and it ended up being a pretty sizeable loss.

The facilities are really nice. The new turf field, the new video screen... It's great. I've heard Coach Metzger is a quality guy.

The concessions were top notch, plenty of seating. But... There were likely less than 300 people on the home side for the game. There isn't as much support for Montgomery Central from the community as there should be. Butts in the seats brings validity to a program. I don't know if their entire athletic program has won a conference title yet since they've been open. Wrestling has a very good shot of winning one this season and I really hope that they do.

I went to a game there back in 2022. It was their last home game of the year vs Oak Grove. It was senior night and it ended up being a pretty sizeable loss.

The facilities are really nice. The new turf field, the new video screen... It's great. I've heard Coach Metzger is a quality guy.

The concessions were top notch, plenty of seating. But... There were likely less than 300 people on the home side for the game. There isn't as much support for Montgomery Central from the community as there should be. Butts in the seats brings validity to a program. I don't know if their entire athletic program has won a conference title yet since they've been open. Wrestling has a very good shot of winning one this season and I really hope that they do.
I was also referring to the inside facilities, locker room, weight room, coaches offices. Video equipment,etc.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Always thought it was strange that he left Pinecrest. I guess being at a single-school county is appealing but Pinecrest seemed to be on the rise, especially with Richmond's recent struggles and Scotland moving down to 3A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT