ADVERTISEMENT

Wheatmore Basketball 2016-17

whsfan203

Oct 6, 2012
This is an exciting time for Wheatmore High School men's basketball. I have been following the school since it opened. I can say this is the best coached wheatmore team I have ever seen. Even when my son played on the 2013 team that won the conference tournament. Wheatmore got a steal in bringing Coach Kelly over from Trinity. What a home run hire. So far this year, Wheatmore is 4-1 beat Asheboro twice West Davidson once and South Davidson once. The lone defeat came aganist a good Lexington team. Hopefully some of you guys in the Piedmont Triad will come and take a look at Wheatmore this season and see the magic that this Wheatmore team has. They play Thomasville this friday at 7:30, this would be a good game to come check out the Warriors.

Magic? Eh.....I wouldn't quite go that far. :D

I will say I was shocked to see that they had beaten Asheboro twice. I saw them when they opened up against SD. The chemistry on this year's team seems to be a lot better. It will be real interesting to see what they can do at both the C-Tribune and in the conference. I think Heglar will have a pretty good year for them.

Well I believe that we will come in at least second in the C-Tribune. I am really interest in tonight's games. It will be a good test for the Warriors

Magic? Eh.....I wouldn't quite go that far. :D

I will say I was shocked to see that they had beaten Asheboro twice. I saw them when they opened up against SD. The chemistry on this year's team seems to be a lot better. It will be real interesting to see what they can do at both the C-Tribune and in the conference. I think Heglar will have a pretty good year for them.
NOT putting Wheatmore down at all but Asheboro will get better when the transfer QB gets back in lineup. Been out all year because of concussion suffered in football. He told me the other night he should be good to go very soon. Was one of the best players at SWR last year.

NOT putting Wheatmore down at all but Asheboro will get better when the transfer QB gets back in lineup. Been out all year because of concussion suffered in football. He told me the other night he should be good to go very soon. Was one of the best players at SWR last year.

That's good. I did not realize Walker had been out. He will make an immediate impact for A'town. He's a good post player.

Our Heglar kid had a huge night against the "great post player" was not impressed.
Well on Dec 6th when I spoke with him before Asheboro played ER he did not play. I guess he did on Dec 7th against Wheatmore? Heglar had 17 in a high scoring Big Ten like 44-39 win.
In Asheboro's next game, a 53-45 win against Randleman, Ethan led team in scoring with 14. Might take him a while to get basketball legs under him. He ain't bad.

This is an exciting time for Wheatmore High School men's basketball. I have been following the school since it opened. I can say this is the best coached wheatmore team I have ever seen. Even when my son played on the 2013 team that won the conference tournament. Wheatmore got a steal in bringing Coach Kelly over from Trinity. What a home run hire. So far this year, Wheatmore is 4-1 beat Asheboro twice West Davidson once and South Davidson once. The lone defeat came aganist a good Lexington team. Hopefully some of you guys in the Piedmont Triad will come and take a look at Wheatmore this season and see the magic that this Wheatmore team has. They play Thomasville this friday at 7:30, this would be a good game to come check out the Warriors.
whsfan203 Not meaning to be funny but checked out Warriors schedule on Maxpreps and saw where you guys played Lexington Senior on Nov 29? Was that game a mistake by Maxpreps? I know they make them. Thanks.

Not going to say he is wrong just yet, but at one point he had the football team in the playoffs. Supports WHS loyally.

I wasn't going after him. I'm glad to see he has confidence in his team. I was going after his prediction. There's going to be some pretty good teams in the C-T (Randleman, Trinity, PG, Asheboro, J-M.....ER? ). Even SWR won't be a pushover. Wheatmore's improved but they're not head-and-shoulders above these squads. It's going to be a real competitive tourney this year.

I wasn't going after him. I'm glad to see he has confidence in his team. I was going after his prediction. There's going to be some pretty good teams in the C-T (Randleman, Trinity, PG, Asheboro, J-M.....ER? ). Even SWR won't be a pushover. Wheatmore's improved but they're not head-and-shoulders above these squads. It's going to be a real competitive tourney this year.
ER may have a tougher road. Looks like Justin may be out for the year with knee. That will hurt them a lot especially on the boards. We shall see.

Wheatmore High School is a on a roll folks. Beating Asheboro 3 times in one year. They have started conference 2-0..... I believe that Coach Kelly should win Coach of the year for the great turn around at Wheatmore in his first year.

Looks like Andrews will win that conference.
They may but do not count out Trinity. The two teams play each other twice in early February. Also Wheatmore has them at home on Senior night. Only lost to them 50-45 at Andrews.

Andrews 3-0 as is Trinity.

Wheatmore 3-1.

Not sure who is going to come out on top as Wheatmore/Trinity have to play twice too. Not much difference in any of these teams if you look at scores.

They may but do not count out Trinity. The two teams play each other twice in early February. Also Wheatmore has them at home on Senior night. Only lost to them 50-45 at Andrews.

Andrews 3-0 as is Trinity.

Wheatmore 3-1.

Not sure who is going to come out on top as Wheatmore/Trinity have to play twice too. Not much difference in any of these teams if you look at scores.

Year Trinity and Wheatmore are pretty similar to me. They have the best 2 coaches in the league of course but Andrews just has too many athletes for them this year. Don't see anyone challenging Andrews.

Year Trinity and Wheatmore are pretty similar to me. They have the best 2 coaches in the league of course but Andrews just has too many athletes for them this year. Don't see anyone challenging Andrews.
Andrews does have the athletes to win conference. I have only seen them once so it may be an anomaly but they struggle with consistent shooting. With an active defense could be an interesting game.

In a couple of weeks we will all know.

Wheatmore wins against Randleman moving to 5-1 in conference. They are in second place with Trinity losing to ER

Like I said before looks like Andrews is going to take this conference! lol
You were right in your prediction.

But looking at scores and seeing everyone in action I can honestly say the separation in the teams from top to bottom is not very wide. My opinion of course but all of the boys teams are similar in talent. The thing that has let Andrews and Wheatmore rise to the top is that both have a big defensive stopper in the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT