ADVERTISEMENT

What's happening at ND?

Not a bad question…. I don’t know the answer. It couldn’t hurt I suppose. I honestly do know of a few kids that found their way to ND who should have been playing for OG. (Legitimate moves) However, as it turned out, most of them weren’t the caliber of athlete that they fancied themselves to be.

That’s not a new rule. That’s been the rule for decades. The thing that changed about the rule most recently, is that it was clarified that an employee who resides out of Davidson County’s district can only enroll their kid into the feeder patter in which they teach. So, if a teacher comes across from Randolph to teach at South, they can send their kid to Silver Valley, Denton or SDMHS. They can’t sent them to schools in any other feeder pattern. They still must go through the process of having their home school district release them via the appropriate paperwork. That’s just a formality, but it still must be done. Lexington and Thomasville district residents who work for DCS must do the same thing.
A county employee who lives in the DCS area, but lives in another high school’s feeder pattern doesn’t have to jump through quite as many hoops.
Correct. I don’t think it’s as easy to transfer into Davidson County from another district without legitimate proof.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Correct. I don’t think it’s as easy to transfer into Davidson County from another district without legitimate proof.
I’d agree with that. There have been a couple creative addresses that have ended up with kids playing for different schools within the system. I won’t name schools. It’s all up to a property owner’s willingness to be untruthful about a tenant living/not living at an address. But for the most part, most of the kids/schools that “do all the recruiting” here in the county don’t have as many as others tend to think.

some students that attend OG can walk to ND faster that a car or bus ride to OG
That’s been the case for lots of schools and lots of years; I went to ND and live now beside where I grew up - OG is 1 mile away and Ledford is 1.75 miles away - ND is 7 miles away.

some students that attend OG can walk to ND faster that a car or bus ride to OG
It was a tricky task. Elementary schools had to be split. It wasn’t a perfect process by any stretch. It was really kind of odd during the district line process. None of North’s elementary schools wantedto be affected. Ledford’s elementary schools were fighting to not be included. Only Midway really knew that they’d have to go to OGHS. Hasty might have been the better choice geographically for Ledford, but that ship has sailed. I’d challenge anyone to draw the OG/North lines better without being confusing. The one thing I’d fix would be to take the tiny piece of Midway that goes to OG and give it to Northwest Elementary and then sending them to ND.

That’s been the case for lots of schools and lots of years; I went to ND and live now beside where I grew up - OG is 1 mile away and Ledford is 1.75 miles away - ND is 7 miles away.
The district anomaly that I always point to are the neighborhoods (trailer parks mostly) behind Bill’s truck drop off of Old 85. That’s less than two miles from Tyro Elementary (WDHS feeder), yet those kids attend either Southmont or Southwood (can’t remember which one)’and ultimately go to CDHS. Seems real dumb at first glance, but it all comes down to having kids in buildings that accommodate them.

That’s not a new rule. That’s been the rule for decades. The thing that changed about the rule most recently, is that it was clarified that an employee who resides out of Davidson County’s district can only enroll their kid into the feeder patter in which they teach. So, if a teacher comes across from Randolph to teach at South, they can send their kid to Silver Valley, Denton or SDMHS. They can’t sent them to schools in any other feeder pattern. They still must go through the process of having their home school district release them via the appropriate paperwork. That’s just a formality, but it still must be done. Lexington and Thomasville district residents who work for DCS must do the same thing.
A county employee who lives in the DCS area, but lives in another high school’s feeder pattern doesn’t have to jump through quite as many hoops.
When I was the HC at parkland there were a few kids that lived in south Winston attending North Davidson. Personally as an old PHS coach that heard all kinds of attacks on parkland from North Davidson people and posters hope you are all enjoying reaping what you sow. Kind of sucks don’t it

When I was the HC at parkland there were a few kids that lived in south Winston attending North Davidson. Personally as an old PHS coach that heard all kinds of attacks on parkland from North Davidson people and posters hope you are all enjoying reaping what you sow. Kind of sucks don’t it
I’m an ND grad, but I’ve seen this coming for years, this descent was easily forecasted. I can’t even begin to explain the behaviors that have been tolerated (and in some cases, applauded) over this last half decade since the coaching change. It’s not just been from the football side of things either. Admin has looked the other way, either by choice or by circumstances of former choices. I’m hoping the new superintendent will bring some consistency to the entire school district.

Highway to the danger zone feels like the appropriate song to describe the debacle.
Out of touch Principal, AD more focused on coaching at a private school, coach last year suspended for cussing at Ledford players at basketball, football coach suspended twice and "removed" people with high morals removed or leave because they have no standards or accountability Dumpster Fire Welcome fire department might need to put out.

Highway to the danger zone feels like the appropriate song to describe the debacle.
Out of touch Principal, AD more focused on coaching at a private school, coach last year suspended for cussing at Ledford players at basketball, football coach suspended twice and "removed" people with high morals removed or leave because they have no standards or accountability Dumpster Fire Welcome fire department might need to put out.
I’ve heard the “AD is coaching a private school team” thing a couple of times. I can’t substantiate that. Do you know which school he coaches at? That would be a breech of contract according to a standard DCS contract.

It used to be very hard for a student to go to Davidson Co that lives in Forsyth Co.
The latest rule is you can only attend a Davidson Co school out of district if you have a parent that teaches in the county.
I no longer live in the area but have family that teach and have children there.
However, like everything I’m sure there are loopholes.
Not when I was at parkland. Several south Winston kids on that ND team.

I’ve heard the “AD is coaching a private school team” thing a couple of times. I can’t substantiate that. Do you know which school he coaches at? That would be a breech of contract according to a standard DCS contract.
Not a secret. He is at High Point Christian coaching the Cougs. Max Preps and the school website list him as coach for Junior Varsity.

#OneTeamOneDream
I’m glad those fools are setting up camp on the other side of the Yadkin River for next season. The culture that they’ve built at ND is going to take a decade to reverse. Sorry to hear that the leftover coaches are still up to no good.
Principal is TERRIBLE. Not a good leader of any. Hires many with no certification. Many head coaches don't work in building which causes issues also.

Reactions: nwguilford007
So he is the AD at North currently and currently coaching a private school?
I went to HPCA’s website and it’s true! My mind can’t even comprehend how that’s allowable with his contract. It even lists his DCS email in his contact info. Bizarre.

• Wow
Reactions: Champ_24
they need to fire her and not let the AD come back after this school year... North has a great man there as an AP now that has a great track record as a coach and teacher. Let him run things and try and fix all these issues....

How in the hell does the AD or anyone on the coaching staff still any job. Both athletically and professionally

Welcome and it’s high school have always been a great place to be. Recently you could see the downfall coming. I’m not sure what goes on inside the building but you could tell the expectations for sportsmanship was not being demonstrated by some coaches. It was very evident to many people but it was being covered up due to the fact they were winning games and beating the rivals in DC. Well that’s no longer happening and the cracks in the damn are now becoming more evident.

Welcome and it’s high school have always been a great place to be. Recently you could see the downfall coming. I’m not sure what goes on inside the building but you could tell the expectations for sportsmanship was not being demonstrated by some coaches. It was very evident to many people but it was being covered up due to the fact they were winning games and beating the rivals in DC. Well that’s no longer happening and the cracks in the damn are now becoming more evident.
That’s a pretty solid assessment of the situation.

What are some examples of bad sportsmanship at north? Just curious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT