ADVERTISEMENT

What the 1-aa west will look like

Look at how many times they have played ANY schools outside of their conference that are power houses. Better yet, how many times they play up? They have and always will do their best to stay 1A. They know how to manipulate the system and kudos to them. Don't get it twisted, they are good. Not the dominant powerhouse programs that you see in other states. Big fish in very small ponds.
Yep that's pretty much it also.

Murphy
2018 graduated class 106
2019 128
2020. 134
2021. 142
2022. 105
Must keep early college kids in mind these numbers could be little lower not much.This is June 2018 adm final number
Those numbers are way high. 478 total enrollment as of two weeks ago.

murphy had an agreement with the board, murphy claimed a travel hardship because no other schools around were as big as them, so they would have to travel to far to play schools their size. So the board agreed to let them play 1A ball every other year, the 92 year was one of the years they had to play 2A. They got their butt kicked by another 2A team, since then they have done everything they can to stay in the 1a, even thou the school has grown in size.
92 Murphy was ,10-0 beatn rville 41-0,. No body beat murphy that year,

Reactions: ncvol2381
Well considering that Murphy has two 2A state titles (‘70, ‘74) it would seem that your “historical FACT” is just a wee bit off. But let me guess, now you’re going to say Murphy was trying to avoid being in the 3A playoffs back in those days, right? Got it.
Where you been this season nole? Good to see you're still around man

81 do you mean most of these other nimrods didnt have a clue what they were talking about ? Shocked, shocked I tell ya

Reactions: mbdfan
My buddy knows all.... Murphy and Swain both go 1AA this year. Due to enrollment across the state being down the cut off mark is down as well. ADMs are an average of enrollment x 30. Although 478 is unlikely for Murphy what is even more interesting is the 8th grade failure list for this past year vs the previous year....it’s around 25

My buddy knows all.... Murphy and Swain both go 1AA this year. Due to enrollment across the state being down the cut off mark is down as well. ADMs are an average of enrollment x 30. Although 478 is unlikely for Murphy what is even more interesting is the 8th grade failure list for this past year vs the previous year....it’s around 25

Would your buddy that knows all be magnum?

Ok 92 is trash for losing to a 2a team and Hayesville. The 91 is real because they WAS a 2a team that beat a 1a team for a 1a title. Got it.
Wow. You cant make this stuff up folks.
This IS the way every murphy fan thinks.
I had a murphy coaches son tell me years ago that only 11 on the field so school size doesnt matter.

Ok 92 is trash for losing to a 2a team and Hayesville. The 91 is real because they WAS a 2a team that beat a 1a team for a 1a title. Got it.
Wow. You cant make this stuff up folks.
This IS the way every murphy fan thinks.
I had a murphy coaches son tell me years ago that only 11 on the field so school size doesnt matter.

Years ago huh? Looking at our coaches...that would mean only 2-3 kids would qualify to have stated that...and those kids aint saying anything like that. But hey BK you know more about our town, school, coaches, team, what we eat for breakfast, and how many socks are in our drawers than us. So you prolly right. :rolleyes:
Like you said...cant make this stuff up.

Maybe its a mountain thing. But why are GROWN MEN arguing about games that happened in 91-92. Thats almost 30 years ago. Let it go

Reactions: footballstar_17
Do you murphy fans know anything about classifications? If you are 2a at realignment then you are 2a for 4 years. It doesnt matter what your numbers are the next year, you are still 2a. Its not that hard to understand. Im sure right now some 2a schools have 1a numbers. I promise you they will be in the 2a playoffs this year.

Reactions: BD Warrior and KW23
Yes years ago. Like early 2,000s. He wasnt a kid. I said coaches son not a kid.

You have been told numerous times that Murphy had 1a numbers in 1991 and 1992, but had one large senior class before the realignment in 1988 which caused them to have 2A numbers for that one year only. So apparently you do “make stuff up”.

You are in denial. I dont care how many kids you had in 91 or 92. Its doesnt matter. Murphy was 2a those years according to NC. They let you play down but only every other year could u make the playoffs. Why? Because you was 2a and you didnt want to drive to the neatest 2a conference. Tell me again what I'm making up.

You have been told numerous times that Murphy had 1a numbers in 1991 and 1992, but had one large senior class before the realignment in 1988 which caused them to have 2A numbers for that one year only. So apparently you do “make stuff up”.
Would that large class in the mid to late 80's have made Murphy a 2A team during those years, 85 thru 88, instead of 89 thru 92? If so, bet there wasn't a petition to play up in the 2A playoffs during those years?

I see what BK is saying, somewhere that huge class has to be accounted for.

Would that large class in the mid to late 80's have made Murphy a 2A team during those years, 85 thru 88, instead of 89 thru 92? If so, bet there wasn't a petition to play up in the 2A playoffs during those years?

I see what BK is saying, somewhere that huge class has to be accounted for.
The graduating class of '88 caused Murphy to be 2A for the realignment of '89-'92. I understand your point, those are the rules. But for the record Murphy didn't actually have 2A numbers during the years of '89-'92.

Last edited:
Reactions: ncvol2381
You are in denial. I dont care how many kids you had in 91 or 92. Its doesnt matter. Murphy was 2a those years according to NC. They let you play down but only every other year could u make the playoffs. Why? Because you was 2a and you didnt want to drive to the neatest 2a conference. Tell me again what I'm making up.
Let's stop saying a 2A school beat a 1A school. Actually Murphy kicked Robbinsville's rear. Embarrassed by a conference opponent. Now if you want to argue that, then don't ever say how tough the Knight's are regardless of their opponent.

Wrong. The state reclassified in 88 or 89. Murphy was 2a. Thats how it works. 4 years at a time. This is how all murphy fans act. Like i said trash title.

Would you consider Asheville High to be a powerhouse? Murphy played them twice at WCU in ‘01 and ‘02. Care to guess who won both of those games? That is just one of many examples. I’d continue but I don’t want to ruin your narrative with actual facts. Carry on.

So you played a good team 16 years ago and somehow won. That's good. Why not continue playing them? Why not schedule anyone else with a heartbeat in wnc the last 16 years. Then you schedule all these trash homeschool teams and others that nobody has ever heard of. And then you somehow seem to find a way to avoid competition in the playoffs expect last year. That's why all these people on here call Murphy out. They are good but they hardly ever play any competition so it's hard to tell.

CoD has been putting up big numbers. There QB is ranked 2nd on MaxPreps. They won’t be a pushover. MIC will be small 1A and that RB Burris is the real deal. 300 yards a game and 5 TD’s. Hard to stop!

CoD has been putting up big numbers. There QB is ranked 2nd on MaxPreps. They won’t be a pushover. MIC will be small 1A and that RB Burris is the real deal. 300 yards a game and 5 TD’s. Hard to stop!

Let's not kid ourselves. 1A and 1AA are night and day difference.

So correct me if I'm wrong. Did Murphy it out the playoffs to avoid playing in 2A? That's really the question here

Trinity???? If Murphy will go out and play Trinity, I wonder would they reach out to a reaching out to Shelby, South Point, Freedom, Hibriten, Ledford, North davidson, or Randleman?

Reactions: BD Warrior
Trinity???? If Murphy will go out and play Trinity, I wonder would they reach out to a reaching out to Shelby, South Point, Freedom, Hibriten, Ledford, North davidson, or Randleman?

giphy.gif

Do you really have to ask that question??????? You know full well why. It's "too far to travel." HA HA!!!!

Reactions: BD Warrior
Murphy should reach out to west stokes. Now that's a 2A school that absolutely loves scheduling 1A teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT