ADVERTISEMENT

West stokes @ Reidsville

Congratulations Reidsville and hope they bring home the championship. The competition will get better but all the teams will have trouble matching up with Cobb,Flippen,Harrison,Neal, Sharpe and the rest.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
We’d like to hear your thoughts on reidsville since iou don’t see them much
I love a good drumline, don’t get me wrong. But it is against NCHSAA rules and bylaws to play while visiting team is on offense. The same goes for the band and it can be penalized. Also, they played while we were on offense which may, or maybe not, have led to an illegal procedure penalty.

I don’t believe it was malicious at all, it was kids doing what they enjoy and what they excel at. More power to them, just play at appropriate times.

Reidsville has some real weapons on offense. 4-5 guys can score at anytime. Run-pass balance was good and the O-line was solid. QB could do more with his feet, but hey, he is all time leader in yards and TDs for RSH.

Defensively, we are aggressive and quick to the ball although a little undersized in front seven. DBs are ball hawks and will cause problems for teams playing catch-up with the Rams. Defense can be overly aggressive in trying to get TFLs and turnovers which can lead to big plays by the opponent.

Rams are once again a legit final four team in 2A. Teams with a power run game that have enough athletes to play man coverage in the pass game so as to pressure QB out of pocket could give Reidsville some problems.

I love a good drumline, don’t get me wrong. But it is against NCHSAA rules and bylaws to play while visiting team is on offense. The same goes for the band and it can be penalized. Also, they played while we were on offense which may, or maybe not, have led to an illegal procedure penalty.

I don’t believe it was malicious at all, it was kids doing what they enjoy and what they excel at. More power to them, just play at appropriate times.
And that is the fault of the band director who is probably ignorant of the rules.

I would say our pass defense is not that good at least on half the field. But seems they put Kendre at De on that side to help the DB out by batting down passes. But seems more completions are on one side of field. Run defense seems better but West Stokes is a weak opponent so let’s be positive but not think we have accomplished anything as of yet.

Unless the rule changed this year. That is not a high school rule. The band can play the entire game in HS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT