ADVERTISEMENT

West Rowan vs Freedom game and score updates

Still 33-7. West has not really tried on offense this half. Just running up the middle every play. Some starters out 9 min left in game

Freedom kids played hard and were good sportsmen. I felt bad for them. Those boys have worked all year just like my Falcons. I hate to see a team have a ruff week like this. You have to remember there were some seniors that will never play another snap of ball. It is a tuff pill to swallow

So did every kid on WR sideline get any time on field? I've had hard feelings bout kids on sidelines never playing a down even when up 3 TDs or more. Not sure why I even ask that considering nobody thinks bout that on these forums lol. But hey, what can I say, I been there and done that on the sidelines in the pee wee leagues. Prob why I turned into a soccer man at middle school/jr high and on.

So did every kid on WR sideline get any time on field? I've had hard feelings bout kids on sidelines never playing a down even when up 3 TDs or more. Not sure why I even ask that considering nobody thinks bout that on these forums lol. But hey, what can I say, I been there and done that on the sidelines in the pee wee leagues. Prob why I turned into a soccer man at middle school/jr high and on.
I can't speak for other schools but coach Nixon at West does his best to let kids play when he can. He will not run scores up on people. I see teams on these threads bragging about scoring records and beating teams by 50 or more points. Those coaches should be ashamed of that not proud.
We had a 33-7 lead last night at the half. Our coach knew he had enough to win and never even tried to score in thev3rd or 4th. We ran the ball up the middle basically every play. No passes in the 3rd and 4th quarter and we throw about half the time.
I agree with his philosophy. We could have scored 60 points. Why would we do that against Freedom when those kids have had a tuff week?

I can't speak for other schools but coach Nixon at West does his best to let kids play when he can. He will not run scores up on people. I see teams on these threads bragging about scoring records and beating teams by 50 or more points. Those coaches should be ashamed of that not proud.
We had a 33-7 lead last night at the half. Our coach knew he had enough to win and never even tried to score in thev3rd or 4th. We ran the ball up the middle basically every play. No passes in the 3rd and 4th quarter and we throw about half the time.
I agree with his philosophy. We could have scored 60 points. Why would we do that against Freedom when those kids have had a tuff week?

Very well said. Your right they have had a tough week. I hope to see this matchup next year and by then it should make for a way more interesting game. A lot of tallet coming from JVs and maybe a differ coaching scheme. A coach is a coach, I hate for anyone to lose their job and he can always try something different. I guess, I dunno. I've never been to a coaching clinic before lol

Very well said. Your right they have had a tough week. I hope to see this matchup next year and by then it should make for a way more interesting game. A lot of tallet coming from JVs and maybe a differ coaching scheme. A coach is a coach, I hate for anyone to lose their job and he can always try something different. I guess, I dunno. I've never been to a coaching clinic before lol
Did they run that triple option any this year or was that something they threw together being short some players? According to the Salisbury Post they rushed for like 260 yards. On 60 attempts. Very impressed with their ability to grind it out 4 yards at a time.

As far as next year I don't know how we will be. We will be losing 7 defensive starters and at least 6 offensive starters. I am sure our coaches will figure it out.

Did they run that triple option any this year or was that something they threw together being short some players? According to the Salisbury Post they rushed for like 260 yards. On 60 attempts. Very impressed with their ability to grind it out 4 yards at a time.
They ran single wing and stack I most of the year. I think the split back veer was new.

As Beamer stated, Freedom's offense was multiple sets. In my opinion none of them utilized the talent that the Patriots had when they had a full team. Bailey Ragle, #21 and the QB last night, did a marvelous job running the offense they used against WR.

As Beamer stated, Freedom's offense was multiple sets. In my opinion none of them utilized the talent that the Patriots had when they had a full team. Bailey Ragle, #21 and the QB last night, did a marvelous job running the offense they used against WR.
With only a few days practice even. What if they had been doing that all year!???!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT