ADVERTISEMENT

West Forsyth vs Reagan for outright 1st place in CPC

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
The West Forsyth Titans have found their mojo, two sophomore players were just offered by UNC and they are riding a 5 game winning streak. Congrats to Marcus Caldwell & KJ Henry... Throw in Darion Slade who is looking to play both sports possibly at Wake Forest and Baer Hunter(Toledo Commit) and Coach Snow might have his 1st team that can finish a season strong. Seriously West is usually 8-0, 9-0 but those two early losses to East Forsyth by 3 and AC Reynolds 4pts(without Slade) were tough losses. Really like the talent on this team but the have to beat Reagan.

Last edited:
It is well documented that Forsyth County(East Forsyth, West Forsyth-many years of struggles & Reagan-last year) have had problems in the playoffs vs the Charlotte teams.... But even Langston himself has admitted the West 4AA is wide open in 2015 so this may be their down year....In fact, Reagan(s)enrollment should take them into 4AA.

Cool thing about Reagan vs West is the two teams that they lost to...have a combined 15-1 record (Page, East & AC Reynolds) I can say this West is a totally different team than August.

Haven't played you guys yet this year, but know that last year was a dog fight in Welcome. If I didn't have a child playing for North, the WF-RHS game would be one for any casual fan to enjoy!! Selfishly, would love to see West beat Reagan, North beat West and have a 3 way tie.....

Good luck to both teams. Should be a great battle.

I'll probably be at this one on Friday. Haven't seen West all year, so it's about time.

Nah Kicked off.....Reagan and WF is much better team than ND. Reagan already done so and I believe WF has a great defense. They did held EF to 24 points which I think is the lowest this year (per game). WF will have their hands full with Reagan. If Reagan has decent defense again, Reagan should win it. If not, then WF can pull it out. Now WF play ND, I would safely say WF will win by 14 or so due to their defense. You guys only score 6 points against Reagan... (EF score 45) that trouble me some but it seems like ND was mighty flat that night. You guys must have offense against WF in order to win. WF do not beat themselves. This game on Friday night between WF/Reagan will be a great one to watch!

I don't disagree with you, especially holding EF to 24 as that's impressive. Again, if I wasn't going to watch ND, would absolutely be at your game. Not sure where I would sit, but think it will be a really fun game to watch.

It will be very interesting to see which Reagan D shows up. I'm sure both teams will be jacked up for this one as it most likely is for the CPC title.

I have to say Reagan is gonna beat West. I saw both teams play East of course since I'm (the EF guy). I think if you went to both games you could tell Reagan just had a better offense, the east vs west game had a lot of touchdowns called back. East had four touchdowns called back and West had two for crappy calls against both teams. Of course we will see Friday, I think Reagan will come out on top by a touch down or few though.

If West plays their best game and Reagan plays their best game, I gotta believe West should win! Just More talent....
Player Talent=Advantage West Forsyth ....
Coaching Talent=Advantage Reagan(Coaching is so good; makes you wonder..is it the system? Those players don't miss assignments) Reagan Offensively, is high powered like Baylor/TexasTech...and I love Reagan's RB Jayani Glenn who is terrific...expect a close game. Could go either way! The stadium will be jam packed...one day they will need to play it at Bowman Gray Stadium. This West team is not the same team East Forsyth played early this year.

Nice clean hit below:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1489741/highlights/301015040/v2

Last edited:
This game will never be played at BGS. Cost to rent the stadium, loss of concessions and loss of home field advantage, not going to happen.

Wished I could be there but have other commitments, it will be a good one.

It was just more talent, This team is dangerous in 4AA, the score was not as close as 35-13 The kicker left 9 easy points off the board. Completely different team than Sept 4th @EF

I have to say Reagan is gonna beat West. I saw both teams play East of course since I'm (the EF guy). I think if you went to both games you could tell Reagan just had a better offense, the east vs west game had a lot of touchdowns called back. East had four touchdowns called back and West had two for crappy calls against both teams. Of course we will see Friday, I think Reagan will come out on top by a touch down or few though.
Reagan is not as good as everyone thinks they are. They have ZERO Defense! If your defense can line up to all their crazy spread formations you can beat them. If I remember correctly from what I read they scored a lot on East but once East made halftime adjustments they didn't score again. Don't get me wrong they are a decent Triad area team just not elite like some around here like to make people think they are. They remind me a lot of NW Guilford now that NW is running a very similar spread offense. They have a few Big linemen not many big time athletes but good HS Football players. They also are well coached and don't make many mistakes.

North win wasn't that big! I'm a ND fan, was there at the game and it just wasn't very impressive! West seems to be the class of the conference at this point. Props to them for getting better every week.

Crazyduke3, sorry if my last post seemed aimed at you. Reading back and didn't intend for it to sound snarky. Any win is important, so you were right. We just played uninspired football at times and it was hard to watch. Doesn't feel like we are getting better as a team, sure the coaches have to be frustrated. I'll never slam a specific HS athlete on a forum (ok, maybe my own kid, but that's different) and I see too many of their practices to blame it on the coach. Not sure what the problem is, it's not a lack of effort by the coaches. Easy to get spoiled in a short period of time and expect greatness year after year. Oh well, it can always be worse! Time to go get my BBQ on with 100 thousand of my closest friends.

I mean that West winning is also very big for North. Keeps their CPC Tite hopes alive.

North and West is a pretty big rivalry game. West may indeed have superior athletes this year. However, I may be wrong but I expect that it'll be closer than many people think who want to go off comparative scores.

Warhead1...........I saw Reagan and EF game. I kinda figure that Reagan might have problem with WF due to WF defense. WF is a very solid team and should handle ND with ease I think. Hey I know it is a rivalry game so that will be in the mix. I still think once Reagan coaching staff figure out how to have a very solid defense; Reagan will be NASTY good but gotta win championship with defense.

I am still impressed with Reagan progress in past 5 years though and give props to the staff. Good luck to all teams from Cap in Playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT