ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Scores

Yep...and dummy if they had more penalties..it seems like they need to clean their act up..and you need to be complaining about their lack of discipline...instead of dummies like you complaining about the score not counting...dummy...MA is good enough to overcome undisciplined play in this conference..but we have seen what it does to them in the playoffs deep...yet you will be singing the same tune..
Do you think Starmount penalties were a lack of discipline too? Just asking. Both teams need to clean it up.

Elkin's skid continues with a 30-7 loss to Surry Central.

North Stokes is sadly going to hold down the cellar of the MVAC losing to Alleghany 35-0. They may give up over 100 points the next 2 games with Mount Airy and East Wilkes on the horizon.

In 2A action it looks like Wilkes Central gave East Surry a respectable fight in a 41-19 contest.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Yes good assessment. I said SHS had to try to control the clock and had a good game plan. But that failed 4th and short allowed MA to drive half the field. The score right before the half was huge.
That was a gutsy call. I would have kicked the fg

when you rely on 15-17 year old kids penalties will be made. Not all penalties are the same as some can just take away momentum from a team. Mount Airy is a team that can play a sloppy game and still win handily. They would have a running clock against my team on a good day and win by 30 plus on an off night. Lots of respect to that team.

Do you think Starmount penalties were a lack of discipline too? Just asking. Both teams need to clean it up.
I don’t really think it was a discipline problem with starmount. They put together a brand new offense just for this game hoping to have a shot. Dezern is not their qb but they felt they had more choices on offense with him in that position. I think it’s a mixture of the new offense with a new qb and not to mention you do all that against one of the best teams in the state. MA can make a very respectable team like starmount look very bad quickly. Much respect to the bears

Buzz cant help it..he's dumb. You make a true statement about how penalties give advantages..and he brings up a dumb score..that has nothing to do with a penalty...he's really stupid....LMAO.....but hey 62-7....point taken i guess...but still stupid....now carry on.....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Your comment is about stupid. Give it a break.

Bears gotta clean up the laundry laying all over the field. If not come late November we will be playing the same ole song. Not saying anything about starmount but when a team rolls into Wallace Shelton that can take advantage then there will be an implosion like last year. This team is way to good to keep making such redundant stupid mistakes. They’ve got to get it fixed , if not they lace up basketball shoes around late November. I can see them giving any team in the east or west all they want and then a second helping but I can also see them getting beat by a much lesser team after getting 4 or 5 touchdowns called back for stupid mistakes. Just my honest opinion at this point of the season.

RE..i call you ignorant because you think buzz cant fight his own battles..but youre ignorant also..because you chime in on one poster...and really thinks he gives a ratz ass about your kindergarten name shots...you supossedly was a beat writer..but as ignorant as your retorts sound...its a wash...now go ahead and get the last word..and then get off my jock Prick..ignorant azz i said a penalty gives an advantage to whoever it was against in the play to advance or negate the gain or loss...if one team had more than the other..then who's fault is that...and why are you and BK so dumb not to understand it....He used the whole we had 80 penalties to exlain the meltdown against Mitchell last year..give it a rest...penalties are part of the game...if you score on an 80 yrd run..and your teammate held someone to give you an advantageous opening..then it should be called back...its pretty simple.

Last edited:
Both MA and Starmount hurt themselves with penalties. Reading other post tonight it sounds like a familiar situation all over the state. Is it a full moon. Penalties killed several Starmount drives. Penalties cost MA 3 tds. #5 still had around 200 yards rushing with probably that many called back. Knew Starmount would be tough. They had a great game plan till adjustments were made.
I don't think stormont was very good on offense. They're not. In that kid runs out of balance every chance he gets or falls to the ground when he gets ready to get hit. That's just a fact. I don't really think the penalties from Mount airy were personal fouls. You can't cut block like they were doing. I know I heard that. And so holding calls when the balls far away. Although I'm pretty sure a couple of people have said that was one of the worst officiating they've seen. Star mount only had OneDrive killed by a penalty and who knows where that would have gone. Outside of them lining up the wrong people to the wrong side and them recognizing it they didn't do anything all night. And that'll always be the case. Don't give daylight and they can't go anywhere. Although falling down shouldn't be an option.

Sorry roughtrader...it must have been a typo...but you have great football knowledge..but i was gonna ask you what running out of balance meant..cause admittedly..i didnt know and was gonna ask...but after reading more...i realized you were sayin he runs out of bounds to avoid getting hit...i didnt see the game..but wow...i figured he was tough as nails type physical..

MA Bears are a snakebit team. Three touchdowns called back last night over Starmount for questionable penalties and #4 got shoulder hurt. Will not have another competitive game till second or third round of playoffs. That is when penalties may haunt them again.

I don't think stormont was very good on offense. They're not. In that kid runs out of balance every chance he gets or falls to the ground when he gets ready to get hit. That's just a fact. I don't really think the penalties from Mount airy were personal fouls. You can't cut block like they were doing. I know I heard that. And so holding calls when the balls far away. Although I'm pretty sure a couple of people have said that was one of the worst officiating they've seen. Star mount only had OneDrive killed by a penalty and who knows where that would have gone. Outside of them lining up the wrong people to the wrong side and them recognizing it they didn't do anything all night. And that'll always be the case. Don't give daylight and they can't go anywhere. Although falling down shouldn't be an option.
That "kid" runs out of bounds every chance he gets because he touches the ball 35 times a game and has for two years, not to mention starts outside linebacker. He is tough, and only one drive being killed by a penalty is also false. Starmount has to stay ahead of the chains with the offense they do run so a penalty here and there are killers. You wasnt at the game which youve stated so quit bashing a kid you have no idea about. He didnt win conference player of the year last year because he dont like to get hit and runs out of bounds.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
That "kid" runs out of bounds every chance he gets because he touches the ball 35 times a game and has for two years, not to mention starts outside linebacker. He is tough, and only one drive being killed by a penalty is also false. Starmount has to stay ahead of the chains with the offense they do run so a penalty here and there are killers. You wasnt at the game which youve stated so quit bashing a kid you have no idea about. He didnt win conference player of the year last year because he dont like to get hit and runs out of bounds.
You're correct. Didn't mean to bash him. Was just speaking in general term that you're correct. I apologize.

Reactions: Orange01
RE..i call you ignorant because you think buzz cant fight his own battles..but youre ignorant also..because you chime in on one poster...and really thinks he gives a ratz ass about your kindergarten name shots...you supossedly was a beat writer..but as ignorant as your retorts sound...its a wash...now go ahead and get the last word..and then get off my jock Prick..ignorant azz i said a penalty gives an advantage to whoever it was against in the play to advance or negate the gain or loss...if one team had more than the other..then who's fault is that...and why are you and BK so dumb not to understand it....He used the whole we had 80 penalties to exlain the meltdown against Mitchell last year..give it a rest...penalties are part of the game...if you score on an 80 yrd run..and your teammate held someone to give you an advantageous opening..then it should be called back...its pretty simple.
You the one brought up penaltys killing Starmount goofy. We were just saying how because MA had more penaltys.

re read the post..and find anything i said about Ram penalties and them having more...and then quote it douche bag...what i said and what everyone else says about YOU..is your propensity to throw out the injury card and the penalty card at least once a week...and people get sick of it..as you can tell..in most cases penalties never really decide the game...yes they do kill drives...but if a team keeps receiving the same type penalties every single game...then just maybe they need to work on that facet of their game to overcome it. Mt. Airy is good enough to overcome any penalty ridden game in the conference they're in..because Mt.Airy is just that much better of a team than the others.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT