Week 4 Swain @ Starmount

KevinFromSwain

Well-Known Member
May 30, 2001
5,079
100
48
Far in'em thar hills
Re: Looking Like Starmount vs Swain Week 4

Hot dang, two old friend meet again for a HUGE game! I still can't believe we shut out Whiteville in the 2nd half.

Both teams will tighten that chin strap up a little tighter next week cause we all know the BOTH like to hitcha hard.
 

tarheels0015

Well-Known Member
Nov 25, 2006
166
8
18
GO Swain beat the horns & star off the mount ...

Tis post was edited on 11/28 9:56 PM by tarheels0015

This post was edited on 11/28 9:56 PM by tarheels0015
 

KevinFromSwain

Well-Known Member
May 30, 2001
5,079
100
48
Far in'em thar hills
Re: Looking Like Starmount vs Swain Week 4

I don't know, my friend if I told you life has tossed me a nasty Curve ball would you believe me? I've been placed on a pain patch and it's helped a bunch but to ride that far.... I just don't think I could make it.
 

pudge1963

Well-Known Member
Aug 23, 2001
5,908
11
38
Re: Looking Like Starmount vs Swain Week 4

I knew you had some neck issues But was hoping you were much better. Come early and hang out at my place and rest up real good
 

pudge1963

Well-Known Member
Aug 23, 2001
5,908
11
38
Re: Looking Like Starmount vs Swain Week 4

It's an open invitation if you change your mind. take care my friend
 

gal durnit

Well-Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
6,725
109
63
Should be a great game. Big win by S tarmount and the devils went down and shut down whiteville in the 2nd half.
 

Luckystar7

Member
Nov 15, 2014
19
0
0
Rams showed there just what they were made of tonight. GATA!! Ready for the battle between 2 great teams...we both have history!!
 

Thunder.Head

Well-Known Member
Aug 30, 2014
373
1
0
Originally posted by Luckystar7:
Rams showed there just what they were made of tonight!!
As did a young Swain team, nearly 6 hours from home without their best player...... It's gonna be a good one.
 

WARRIOR_PRIDE2005

Well-Known Member
Oct 12, 2013
757
151
43
Talk about 2 great football teams. Any idea how far Starmount is from WM??????? Would love to watch this one..........
 

gal durnit

Well-Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
6,725
109
63
Originally posted by Deana_King:
Come on up for a visit...Kevin, gal, Kazuma??
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Deanna,

I will be there. We will have to meet up. I would love to meet you. Anyway you or someone in the Swain crew put up some info about the Swain/Starmount series?

I wasn't around for the last one either last year or a couple of years ago. I can't remember but I thought we played yall recently. What is the difference in the two teams? How has the season played out and what changes have been made to get us to this point? Should be a great battle next Friday.
 

prlyles

Well-Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
10,832
160
63
All you mountain guys get here early and stop by the Store. Would love to see you.
 

KevinFromSwain

Well-Known Member
May 30, 2001
5,079
100
48
Far in'em thar hills
I'll say this first, these two teams seem to be like looking into a mirror at each other. Solid defensive units, both team will attempt to force their wills on the other!

Dang good game shaping up, if able I might try to hitch a ride to this one.... Hot dang though Swain County ain't doing to bad for a 3rd place team out of the SMC. Gotta love it!
 

trendkill99

Active Member
Oct 6, 2014
25
0
1
Originally posted by Luckystar7:
Ready for the battle between 2 great teams...
I see the word great thrown around so casually here, how are either one of these teams "great"? Both lost most multiple games, a couple of which weren't even close.

The 1AA west was terrible this season, the only reason these two are still playing this week. Neither team is "great" and the winner gets to enjoy being embarrassed the following week by WRH or Kenan.
 

prlyles

Well-Known Member
Aug 19, 2006
10,832
160
63
Originally posted by KevinFromSwain:
I'll say this first, these two teams seem to be like looking into a mirror at each other. Solid defensive units, both team will attempt to force their wills on the other!

Dang good game shaping up, if able I might try to hitch a ride to this one.... Hot dang though Swain County ain't doing to bad for a 3rd place team out of the SMC. Gotta love it!
I agree. Even their conference record is about the same. This has the makings of being a great game.
 

Diablo

Well-Known Member
Jun 11, 2001
1,830
25
48
Originally posted by trendkill99:
Originally posted by Luckystar7:
Ready for the battle between 2 great teams...
I see the word great thrown around so casually here, how are either one of these teams "great"? Both lost most multiple games, a couple of which weren't even close.

The 1AA west was terrible this season, the only reason these two are still playing this week. Neither team is "great" and the winner gets to enjoy being embarrassed the following week by WRH or Kenan.
LAUGHING SO HARD MY RIBS HURT!
 

trendkill99

Active Member
Oct 6, 2014
25
0
1
Originally posted by Diablo:

LAUGHING SO HARD MY RIBS HURT!
Apparently this youngster ain't got a clue!
Glad you find it amusing, if you thought the Franklin and Murphy games were rough just stay tuned.

We'll see if you're still laughing in two weeks
 

gal durnit

Well-Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
6,725
109
63
Trolling Season is upon us. Perhaps what should have been said is they are both "great" programs. There trend is that better? Would you argue with that statement? I hope not.

Are you simply a Swain hater or just another Eastern homer hating on anyone in the west?
 

Diablo

Well-Known Member
Jun 11, 2001
1,830
25
48
Originally posted by trendkill99:
Originally posted by Diablo:

LAUGHING SO HARD MY RIBS HURT!
Apparently this youngster ain't got a clue!
Glad you find it amusing, if you thought the Franklin and Murphy games were rough just stay tuned.

We'll see if you're still laughing in two weeks
You are absolutely right. The Franklin and Murphy games were rough and I expect if Swain or Starmount make it to the final game they will have a rough time of it again. Not saying either of them would lose the game, just that it would be a rough game....as it should be. JK and WRH are teams from the East with great traditions much the same as Swain and Starmount from the West.

Not laughing at JK nor WRH. On the contrary, I am laughing at your brash statement.
 

knine1

Well-Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
1,404
385
83
Should be a dandy. Rams one of the few teams with the ability to play an SMC style physical game.
 

gal durnit

Well-Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
6,725
109
63
So you just ignore simple questions posed to you then too? Re-read my post. Who is your team since you are so down on the west?

I am not in disagreement with your statement at all just your prickish attitude. I can't speak to Starmount but I can speak to Swain County. By our standards this is absolutely not a "great" Swain team. We are young, injured, and rebuilding after a great stretch over the last few years. We have overachieved in my opinion this year and are way ahead of schedule for where this young bunch was projected to be. Our program has a tradition second to none in 1A football. We have won 8 state titles in 11 trips to the big game. We have more playoff wins than any program of any classification in NC high school football. We are playing in our 4th straight regional championship game in 4 years. So I ask again would you say we are not a great program?
 

olddevil71

Well-Known Member
Nov 6, 2010
323
0
16
Diablo: appears you have pick-up another young know-it all poster! ha ha
hope he likes crow
 

MaroonDevils4tw

Well-Known Member
Nov 3, 2012
133
0
16
Originally posted by trendkill99:
Originally posted by gal durnit:

Are you simply a Swain hater or just another Eastern homer hating on anyone in the west?
a realist, who calls out stupid statements
A realist would realize that the season record means nothing when it comes playoff time. Just calling out stupid statements.
This post was edited on 11/29 10:45 AM by MaroonDevils4tw
 

gal durnit

Well-Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
6,725
109
63
Something I just realized, Swain County Head Coach Neil Blankenship has made it to at least the Western Regional Championship in each of his seasons leading the Maroon Devil program. That is pretty impressive.

I am avoiding the trolls on this thread and trying to have some respectable discussion between two respectful and tradition rich and here ya go buzzkill GREAT PROGRAMS!
 

Diablo

Well-Known Member
Jun 11, 2001
1,830
25
48
gal....that's trendkill

This post was edited on 11/29 10:47 AM by Diablo
 

EWCards#1

Well-Known Member
Aug 19, 2004
563
43
28
Anyone else seeing this interesting fact. Robbinsville (Smoky Mtn) vs Alleghany (Mountain Valley) Swain ( Smoky Mtn) vs Starmount ( Mountain Valley) both in the western finals of respected brackets. Says alot about the two conferences if ya ask me. Best of luck to all! Go Mountain Valley!
 

Diablo

Well-Known Member
Jun 11, 2001
1,830
25
48
Originally posted by EWCards#1:
Anyone else seeing this interesting fact. Robbinsville (Smoky Mtn) vs Alleghany (Mountain Valley) Swain ( Smoky Mtn) vs Starmount ( Mountain Valley) both in the western finals of respected brackets. Says alot about the two conferences if ya ask me. Best of luck to all! Go Mountain Valley!
Both are tradition rich conferences and I am sure each of the teams will represent their conferences well. Don't know much about Allegheny but Swain has a history with Starmount.
 

gal durnit

Well-Known Member
Sep 14, 2005
6,725
109
63
Originally posted by Diablo:
gal....that's trendkill

This post was edited on 11/29 10:47 AM by Diablo
Just trolling a little myself Diablo. Nothing but love lol.
 

WMFootballFanatic

Well-Known Member
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2013
1,801
666
113
Best of luck to both teams. Go rep the West with Pride. I will be pulling for the winner with all I got.
 

Diablo

Well-Known Member
Jun 11, 2001
1,830
25
48
Originally posted by gal durnit:

Originally posted by Diablo:
gal....that's trendkill

This post was edited on 11/29 10:47 AM by Diablo
Just trolling a little myself Diablo. Nothing but love lol.
Yeah, I know but I wouldn't want the youngster (trendkill) to get his feelings hurt thinking you were playing with him by calling him by the wrong name or something like that.
 

Latest posts