ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington @ Crest

Sometimes the more talented/better team doesn't win because they come up against a team that is consistent on both sides of the ball. For the most part, Weddington falls into that consistent category. If the Chargers play as they did against South Point, they win by 10+. If they play sloppy as they did against Cuthbertson, they lose by 7. This game is probably a lot closer than it would have been two weeks ago.

Low scoring close game. Weddington scares Crest by almost winning it all, and Crest finally wakes up! 24-17 Crest

Crest better bring it or there will be lots of tears in Boiling Springs. Weddington wont beat themselves, Crest will have to take it to them.

Crest better bring it or there will be lots of tears in Boiling Springs. Weddington wont beat themselves, Crest will have to take it to them.

It wouldn't be a true upset brother. Anyone who pays attention to high school football, knows how good Weddington has been the last few years. It will be a game. I'm just excited to play someone new, it's always fun.

It wouldn't be a true upset brother. Anyone who pays attention to high school football, knows how good Weddington has been the last few years. It will be a game. I'm just excited to play someone new, it's always fun.

That they are. In all sports, they are extremely well coached and disciplined. Got nothing but respect for them. This is a great matchup between 2 great programs, and the best man will win.

Crest 35 Wedding ton 21. It will be remincent of the Crest vs Catholic games, with Crest being too fast.

Weddington can't beat Crest but Crest could beat Crest.....Weddington has a pretty good defense and is well coached. Just hoping Crest brings its A game. C game won't cut it......I think we're ready. OBTW sure hope we get good officials.
Crest 31-14

No. I'm being honest. The best ones I've seen was at our game. They let the kids play. Lately they've been a joke

official%2Breferee%2Bsquad.jpg

Reactions: CREST1983
Turnovers and probably the refs will be the variables, and Crest will lose the penalty game. I'll go ahead and say Crest will have 50 yards in penalties by half time. Weddington might have 10. But it comes with being hated by most of the state.

Turnovers and probably the refs will be the variables, and Crest will lose the penalty game. I'll go ahead and say Crest will have 50 yards in penalties by half time. Weddington might have 10. But it comes with being hated by most of the state.
We love being hated. No one hates you iF you SUCK!

Reactions: seadog28

All jokes aside we are doing alot of the things we are getting flagged for!

One year ago Friday Asheville had 115 yards in penalties, had an 80 yard touchdown called back, crossed the goal line on 4th down that wasnt called a td and fumbled once and lost 28-23 at home to weddington who finished the game with 15 penalty yards.

Don't let it happen to you!

Reactions: sasha_nc
I guess Asheville is also hated by most of the state. That or you had some ACR or Erwin or TCR or McDowell or Enka or North Bucombe refs.

Not a follower or fan of either team but if I had to bet my monthly paycheck right now........Weddington. Call me out or congratulate me on my call Friday night at about 10:45

I guess Asheville is also hated by most of the state. That or you had some ACR or Erwin or TCR or McDowell or Enka or North Bucombe refs.
Well I don't know if we are hated statewide but we are hated by the teams you just mentioned, which isn't surprising since we are winning the all time series against all of them.

Not a follower or fan of either team but if I had to bet my monthly paycheck right now........Weddington. Call me out or congratulate me on my call Friday night at about 10:45
Just out of curiousity why would you pick weddington?

I hate playing nice teams with nice fans. I want to insult somebody. Screw SP and their ignorant fans. WE ARE CREST.. We will meet the challenge head on......

What are you guys complaining about? Crest has won 28 or 29 games in a row. Beat Shelby for the 4th or 5th time in a row and are playing on Thanksgiving weekend. No pun intended but try to be thankful. Remember, we are watching high school kids and they will make mistakes. Coaches will continue to work on the mistakes. Although the score wasn't what it could have been last week, offensively we were very balanced with 200 yds passing and 200 yds rushing. It was a good win against a quality opponent. Road gets a little tougher this week as it should. I am confident that Crest can improve the untimely penalties and handle Weddington by 10+ points. Remember, this time of the year, survive and advance. It don't have to be pretty.

screw the fans. We as fans have nothing to lose. If Weddington wins then good for them, the biggest question for us is why going to be "why did they win?" Lack of talent? Lack of motivation, lack of coaching? Who knows...that's the beauty of ncpreps. You can chew anybody out and not give two craps,

Shelby's defense in the second half was dominate. If Odum doesn't make a sports center catch, it would have been a different ball game. Heck special teams is what won that game for Crest. That's a scary thought.

Shelby's defense in the second half was dominate. If Odum doesn't make a sports center catch, it would have been a different ball game. Heck special teams is what won that game for Crest. That's a scary thought.
That was Jarious Strong who made that catch and our kids played tough in a hostile environment, and the physicality finally paid off. Also special teams are a big part of a football game, Preston Huskey showed out.

Good luck to the Chargers tonight! Have a good injury free game........

Simmons had Crest as an underdog to Shelby also. I don't put any stock in prognosticators this time of year. Like a horoscope in the paper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT