ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington @ Crest

Weddington beat Cuthbertson 27-7. They average 15 ppg on defense and 33 points ppg on offense. Crest has to clean up these penalties. It's getting messy and this is the time when Crest usually comes alive. This will not be easy, I can see a upset if Crest doesn't wake up and wake up fast. On the other side, Concord just beat Ledford 37-0...Ledford was averaging 9 points per game on defense.

Bring your A game against Weddington. Those boys don't beat themselves. Should be a good test.

Reactions: ramball101
Weddington is really one of the best coached teams I have ever seen. For them to come to Reynolds, miss 2 fgs and have 4 turnovers and still win the game is pretty amazing. All year long we all said "if you stop Rico, Reynolds is in big trouble". Well obviously nobody stopped him, but nobody in North Carolina would have believed the weddington defense would hold him to 6 yards rushing in the first half. The recipe to beating Reynolds was to make dowdle throw and weddington executed their game plan to near perfection. Truth be told, weddington should have won by double digits and that is remarkable considering nobody gave them a chance to win. They proved tonight that one great player cannot beat a smart, sure tackling team by himself. In the back of my mind I thought all season that both freedom and Reynolds were one man shows and in the event a team stopped or contained them it would be the end of the road for them. And that's what happened.

Crest is the best team 3a has to offer and have more than 1 guy that can hurt you. They are the favorite of course in this game but if weddington turns this into a low scoring slugfest I wouldn't be surprised at all. Whoever that defensive coordinator for weddington is needs a raise. This is a big battle of defenses here. I expect crest to win but I also expected Reynolds to win big tonight too. Kind of surprised to see crest struggle a little with cuthbertson but a major D1 qb will give any team headaches because he can put the ball in places 90 percent of qbs can't. I think crest will win in a pretty low scoring game but who knows. Is it Friday yet?

Reactions: seadog28
Weddington is really one of the best coached teams I have ever seen. For them to come to Reynolds, miss 2 fgs and have 4 turnovers and still win the game is pretty amazing. All year long we all said "if you stop Rico, Reynolds is in big trouble". Well obviously nobody stopped him, but nobody in North Carolina would have believed the weddington defense would hold him to 6 yards rushing in the first half. The recipe to beating Reynolds was to make dowdle throw and weddington executed their game plan to near perfection. Truth be told, weddington should have won by double digits and that is remarkable considering nobody gave them a chance to win. They proved tonight that one great player cannot beat a smart, sure tackling team by himself. In the back of my mind I thought all season that both freedom and Reynolds were one man shows and in the event a team stopped or contained them it would be the end of the road for them. And that's what happened.

Crest is the best team 3a has to offer and have more than 1 guy that can hurt you. They are the favorite of course in this game but if weddington turns this into a low scoring slugfest I wouldn't be surprised at all. Whoever that defensive coordinator for weddington is needs a raise. This is a big battle of defenses here. I expect crest to win but I also expected Reynolds to win big tonight too. Kind of surprised to see crest struggle a little with cuthbertson but a major D1 qb will give any team headaches because he can put the ball in places 90 percent of qbs can't. I think crest will win in a pretty low scoring game but who knows. Is it Friday yet?

Something has seemed off with the Crusty Nags the last two weeks. I haven't seen their games and I won't even hazard a guess to what's going on, but they haven't put a lot of points on the boards and I keep reading about how sloppy they've been playing. If I were a Charger fan, I think I would be worried with Weddington coming for a visit.

Reactions: seadog28
If crest plays sloppy as some they have been the last 2 weeks then they could be the next team to be upset. Weddington doesn't have the overall talent crest does, but they will be prepared I assure you of that. Once you're in the 3rd round you are playing legit championship contenders.

Bring your A game against Weddington. Those boys don't beat themselves. Should be a good test.

.....and a passing game. Cuthbertson shut down Crest in the redzone consistently.

2A Monroe beat Weddington in double overtime with a well balanced offense.

2A sure has some powerful teams this year.
Weddington was beating Monroe by 17 in the 4th. We gave that game away, but Monroe is a very good team...SPEED everywhere !

We won't be favored vs Crest but We'll be there for a fight and see what happens.

Weddington was beating Monroe by 17 in the 4th. We gave that game away, but Monroe is a very good team...SPEED everywhere !

We won't be favored vs Crest but We'll be there for a fight and see what happens.
If it helps any just remember Crest whipped us and we scored 57 on ACR.

I'm just going to tell the truth. I might get invited to another "meeting". Crest has talent, and it is true Foster has not played since Shelby, he would have been a big help last night. Despite what Chopper says, Crest just broke down in the red-zone all on their own.

"ME", personally, I am used to Crest peaking at this time of year, I see them doing the same crap they were doing six weeks ago. I know there are other folks that feel the same way because I talked to several of you last night, and I didn't come to where you were at.

If Cuthbertson had any semblance of a defense,(they don't), and just a tad of a running game (they don't) that could have been real different. They are as one dimensional as a team can be. They have a fantastic QB, (that dude makes throws that not many high school kids can), and decent receivers. That's IT! They simply could not stop Harbison, they had no desire to stop him when he started running through them, he terrified them.

Those long drives even the ones that stalled were the difference in this game, IMO. They ate clock. I also feel that in the second half, The Crest defensive coordinator dialed up some pressure on the QB and made him falter. Pass rush was non-existent up to that point. Harbison was a beast, and Malik Hopper and Chris Willis played their butts off last night.

Now we have a balanced, well coached team coming in, with a stout defense. Crest has superior talent. I watched Weddington on TWC, a couple of weeks ago, playing someone (Marvin somebody), the last regular season game, I think. Weddington was winning but lost in the end. They looked pretty good, but A game to A game, Crest is simply better. A Weddington A game to a Crest B game.................. It's a toss up.

Here's to an A game.

Go Chargers!

Reactions: BIGCOUNTRY183
I'm just going to tell the truth. I might get invited to another "meeting". Crest has talent, and it is true Foster has not played since Shelby, he would have been a big help last night. Despite what Chopper says, Crest just broke down in the red-zone all on their own.

"ME", personally, I am used to Crest peaking at this time of year, I see them doing the same crap they were doing six weeks ago. I know there are other folks that feel the same way because I talked to several of you last night, and I didn't come to where you were at.

If Cuthbertson had any semblance of a defense,(they don't), and just a tad of a running game (they don't) that could have been real different. They are as one dimensional as a team can be. They have a fantastic QB, (that dude makes throws that not many high school kids can), and decent receivers. That's IT! They simply could not stop Harbison, they had no desire to stop him when he started running through them, he terrified them.

Those long drives even the ones that stalled were the difference in this game, IMO. They ate clock. I also feel that in the second half, The Crest defensive coordinator dialed up some pressure on the QB and made him falter. Pass rush was non-existent up to that point. Harbison was a beast, and Malik Hopper and Chris Willis played their butts off last night.

Now we have a balanced, well coached team coming in, with a stout defense. Crest has superior talent. I watched Weddington on TWC, a couple of weeks ago, playing someone (Marvin somebody), the last regular season game, I think. Weddington was winning but lost in the end. They looked pretty good, but A game to A game, Crest is simply better. A Weddington A game to a Crest B game.................. It's a toss up.

Here's to an A game.

Go Chargers!
I

Me personally i would like to know more about weddington in general their offense and defense?

After winning 29 in a row a team can get complacent and i think thats what weve saw with our chargers. We have came out and played with fire one time lately and that was against shelby and if we hadnt we would of got killed. No disrepect to our last two opponents but i feel like crest knew they should win and played like it and were still able to pull out a victory. Crest will not look past a very good weddington team and i truly feel like we will be ready. But like rulz said, if we bring less than our A game then we could be in for rude awakening

I personally feel better playing a physical low scoring game . Than a wide open run up and down the field game. That's who we are. We've experimented with the wide open game against lesser competition. We have the capabilities and athletes to do it. But, smashmouth ,physical football is who we are. Our defense has taken some criticism lately. Some justified. Running straight at this group will not be successful. I WOULD SAY TO THE CREST FANS. IF YOU WANT FIRE ON THE FIELD ? THERE HAS TO BE FIRE IN THE STANDS. The last 2 weeks have been pitiful.We have been just as complacent as our team. Win and advance .GO CHARGERS......

Reactions: Charger strong
Weddington runs a lot of misdirection and Qb has good arm and they throw it all over. Very well balanced. There defense is nasty and probably the best disciplined defense i have seen in years. I watched them man handle a bigger o-line last night for reynolds and that was difference in game. Everytime rico got ball in is hands seemed like 3 or 4 warriors was already on him led by #55 who reynolds couldn't block all night.

I have saw both teams play and it should be a very good game.If Weddings makes mistakes like last night they will lose.I think Crest playing at home probably has the advantage.As always with two good teams it will come down to who makes the most mistakes.

Reactions: onioncfb
I personally feel better playing a physical low scoring game . Than a wide open run up and down the field game. That's who we are. We've experimented with the wide open game against lesser competition. We have the capabilities and athletes to do it. But, smashmouth ,physical football is who we are. Our defense has taken some criticism lately. Some justified. Running straight at this group will not be successful. I WOULD SAY TO THE CREST FANS. IF YOU WANT FIRE ON THE FIELD ? THERE HAS TO BE FIRE IN THE STANDS. The last 2 weeks have been pitiful.We have been just as complacent as our team. Win and advance .GO CHARGERS......
I 2nd that with wine and cheese crowd we have..spoiled.....we definitely travel better.so if you Crest fan read this get up off your lazy A.. and get rowdy and support these young men!....ticks me off!!!!!!

Hope the Chargers can get a 100% Foster they need him to balance the D out and be opposite of Willis. The Offense just simply needs to be sharper I think its BREAD and BUTTER time run it straight down Weddingtons throat and when they cheat up give them a dose of Tyshon Odum.

I totally agree with you. The last two weeks crowd has been embarrasing. Not only with the low amount of people but the lack of noise in the crowd. After seeing the crowd on our side for shelby theres no reason for this. Charger fans get your a$$ out of the house this friday and come cheer these boys on. Theyve earned it.

Weddington beat Cuthbertson 27-7. They average 15 ppg on defense and 33 points ppg on offense. Crest has to clean up these penalties. It's getting messy and this is the time when Crest usually comes alive. This will not be easy, I can see a upset if Crest doesn't wake up and wake up fast. On the other side, Concord just beat Ledford 37-0...Ledford was averaging 9 points per game on defense.
I think weddington beat cuthbertson 27 to 17. So could be an even match up.

Weddington is going to be the best coached team Crest has played this playoff season. Those guys are some of the best coached players I have seen. They may not be flashy, but they will execute!
However, even with that I still think Crest will win. I'm going with Crest by 10 early, but may change the score. However, I think Crest gets the job done. The Chargers being at home is a big factor I think. While Weddington went to ACR, they have nothing on Crest.

Weddington is going to be the best coached team Crest has played this playoff season. Those guys are some of the best coached players I have seen. They may not be flashy, but they will execute!
However, even with that I still think Crest will win. I'm going with Crest by 10 early, but may change the score. However, I think Crest gets the job done. The Chargers being at home is a big factor I think. While Weddington went to ACR, they have nothing on Crest.

He go to the other site and tell the leader that he ought to be glad he didn't change those rankings.

I 2nd that with wine and cheese crowd we have..spoiled.....we definitely travel better.so if you Crest fan read this get up off your lazy A.. and get rowdy and support these young men!....ticks me off!!!!!!
It's always been like that. We'd rather be on the road. We can be ourselves on the road. They have sticks up their butts.

I still want a crapper with a door on it. It's like taking a crap in jail over there.

True story, my son goes to the visitors side concession stand at Crest and asks for a chili dog. He got a hot dog bun with chili in it. He went back to tell them that they forgot the hotdog and they said, "you asked for a chili dog not a hotdog with chili."

No wonder reasonably minded Crest fans like the road!

You can't make this stuff up. Lol!

It's always been like that. We'd rather be on the road. We can be ourselves on the road. They have sticks up their butts.

I still want a crapper with a door on it. It's like taking a crap in jail over there.

Was there 15 hours last Saturday and 9 hours today! YOURE RIGHT !!!!! ROFL!!!! At least the press box has a door !!! Lol

Bottom line............This game is right in our wheel house. Suck it up buttercup..............WHO WANTS IT MOST ??????/?

Weddington clearly does not have the horses that Crest has. Crest should beat Weddington, but they cannot count on Weddington beating themselves.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Crest is actually going to have to show up and prove it like they did against Shelby and SP. Crest defense did show it against KM, but the offense decided to have a few fumbles and turnovers, I think. Seems like Tre Harbison has fumbled more this year than the last two
years combined. Maybe he's just ready to get to Virginia...senoritis. It's a killer.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Crest is actually going to have to show up and prove it like they did against Shelby and SP. Crest defense did show it against KM, but the offense decided to have a few fumbles and turnovers, I think. Seems like Tre Harbison has fumbled more this year than the last two
years combined. Maybe he's just ready to get to Virginia...senoritis. It's a killer.
Surely he is not in a hurry to get to Virginia.He plays for a team that has won 29 in a row which is more games than the Cavs have won in last the 5 years combined.He will be fine.

I've been wanting Weddington for a while, but this Crest team ain't showing me that they can handle them...They gotta get pumped up!!!

What are you guys complaining about? Crest has won 28 or 29 games in a row. Beat Shelby for the 4th or 5th time in a row and are playing on Thanksgiving weekend. No pun intended but try to be thankful. Remember, we are watching high school kids and they will make mistakes. Coaches will continue to work on the mistakes. Although the score wasn't what it could have been last week, offensively we were very balanced with 200 yds passing and 200 yds rushing. It was a good win against a quality opponent. Road gets a little tougher this week as it should. I am confident that Crest can improve the untimely penalties and handle Weddington by 10+ points. Remember, this time of the year, survive and advance. It don't have to be pretty.

If it helps any just remember Crest whipped us and we scored 57 on ACR.
Doesn't mean a thing ! You gave up 39 to 1 man and 40 to Crest . We won't do either.I think everybody in the state knows Shelby's offense is better than Weddington's. But your Defense is not ! We just hang around and find a way ! It's all about matchup's .

I think its BREAD and BUTTER time run it straight down Weddingtons throat and when they cheat up give them a dose of Tyshon Odum.
That would be the best thing you could do for us. We won't cheat up to stop that ! Run the clock and keep us around !

I've been wanting Weddington for a while, but this Crest team ain't showing me that they can handle them...They gotta get pumped up!!!
If Crest plays up to what they are capable of, they'll beat Weddington by 14. No disrespect to Weddington I have lots of friends there, and the people at the school are as classy as they come. However, I pick with my head, not heart. Crest 31 Weddington 17
Could it be closer? Yes, but it'll take quite a game from Weddington to win it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT