ADVERTISEMENT

Weddington @ Crest

Crest giving up so many points is unacceptable! I don't care what you think or who you are, that's not Crest defense.
Your right though its not like crest to give up so many points. Our offense didnt help out our d much in the second half . Win and advance

Yea I agree beamer. They left who cares . It happens at every school . . .Congrats crest on good win . Weddingtons best offensive threat goes out in the first quarter . Kid you are way too valuable to your team to lower your head for an extra half yead .... Get out of bounds! But you just can't coach guts .... What a shot he took . Hats off to those weddington kids ....they never quit .

I get tired of reading this crap on every thread get over it from a non crest fan!

You misinterpreted that. It was not at all a shot at Crest.

Yea I agree beamer. They left who cares . It happens at every school . .

Uhhh Burns Students laugh at the words Burns Football. Not exactly a good thing for a school that is already going to be going through the 3rd coach in 4 years plus dwindling numbers and on a 7 game losing streak.

Let's stop this though. It's taking away from the thread.

Last edited:
It was a very entertaining game. Both teams played hard and the score was indicative of the competition on the field tonight. Weddington never lost focus and played with calm nerves.

Crest better start giving that ball to Tre and run the O thru him and for get all that trying to throw 50 times a game.

The Crest bread and butter it power football stright ahead and not that side to side mess.

There is not a team in the state that can stop them if they play power football you can count on that.

Also the D is giving up so many points because the O goes out and either scores in 3 plays OR goes 3 and out (more of the second) and then the D is right back on the field and they are tired and wore out by late in the 3rd quarter.

On a good note we didn't have 250 yards of holding calls tonight!

Crest better start giving that ball to Tre and run the O thru him and for get all that trying to throw 50 times a game.

The Crest bread and butter it power football stright ahead and not that side to side mess.

There is not a team in the state that can stop them if they play power football you can count on that.

Also the D is giving up so many points because the O goes out and either scores in 3 plays OR goes 3 and out (more of the second) and then the D is right back on the field and they are tired and wore out by late in the 3rd quarter.

Exactly, that offense is set up perfectly to pound it with Tre and when the other team loads the box to stop him, you have a big arm in Willie to sling it deep to all that speed on play action.

You misinterpreted that. It was not at all a shot at Crest.

Uhhh Burns Students laugh at the words Burns Football. Not exactly a good thing for a school that is already going to be going through the 3rd coach in 4 years plus dwindling numbers and on a 7 game losing streak.

Let's stop this though. It's taking away from the thread.
The students who laugh at burns football Are part of the problem not part of the solution..... Were they laughing when their classmates suffered concussions , separated shoulders , hurt ankles knees etc all in the name of burns high school ,while they sat at home eating Cheetos and playing video games ?

What is with that side to side crap!!!! WE HAVE HARBISON!!! RUN HIM AT THEM!!! When Crest did run straight at them, they couldn't stop him! I will admit having Green out was a momentum swing, but still, we might not make it out of Concord alive playing like that.

I am not too sure about that.....maybe in 3A ball but MC, Dudley, CC, Butler and probably EF will stop them more than enough times on the field for sure. You better clarify which team would not stop them on power football. Concord??? That would be a dandy of a football game.

What is with that side to side crap!!!! WE HAVE HARBISON!!! RUN HIM AT THEM!!! When Crest did run straight at them, they couldn't stop him! I will admit having Green out was a momentum swing, but still, we might not make it out of Concord alive playing like that.
I think peeler can be a good player but do you see jones getting some reps next year ? In Cameron's defense that was a pretty Tough environment to come off the bench in to .

I think it would help a lot if Crest start getting the ball to Odom sooner... We wait too late to get that kid involved. Is it just me or does it seem like Harbison tip toes on some carries? He needs to be running the ball in between the tackles. Hats off to Weddington, that's a good ball team. What's scary is that Weddington pretty much gave up 2 pick 6's and still managed to almost win that ball game.

Reactions: sasha_nc
I think it would help a lot if Crest start getting the ball to Odom sooner... We wait too late to get that kid involved. Is it just me or does it seem like Harbison tip toes on some carries? He needs to be running the ball in between the tackles. Hats off to Weddington, that's a good ball team. What's scary is that Weddington pretty much gave up 2 pick 6's and still managed to almost win that ball game.
Tre was playing hurt tonight. He was in a walking boot for most of the week

Hats off to Weddington. They are a scrappy team. Bottom line. Win and advance. Truth is . Crest got a gut check...... Passed....down 38 to 17. Weddington was 1 or 2 plays from getting blown off the field. The Chargers survived and will be ok. On to the mud bowl.

True story, my son goes to the visitors side concession stand at Crest and asks for a chili dog. He got a hot dog bun with chili in it. He went back to tell them that they forgot the hotdog and they said, "you asked for a chili dog not a hotdog with chili."

No wonder reasonably minded Crest fans like the road!

You can't make this stuff up. Lol!

Your son GOT what he ask for, Dumass!!!!
CHILI DOG not a HOT DOG
Teach your son the English Language.

Its

He was given the keys to the prettiest fastest sports car in the state all you have to do is make it into the carport with out wrecking it he can change the color of it when the pretty paint starts to fade!

But right now just show it off and make everyone think your the one that put all the hard work in to restore it and make it look that good.

I agree, wish we would force that ball to Odom earlier in the game I think it would loosen up Defenses and Tre could run wild. But a win is win. I think we all no that Willis is a stud but the other 2 D lineman or small and we dont get much pressure as last season I have watched QBs stand in the pocket way to long. The Chargers do a lot of delayed blitzes that dont usually get there. I still think the linebackers can get enough pressure to change ballgames.

So where is the King of Earl this morning. After that thriller he must be washing his drawls with Purple Power. You OK Rulz?

Reactions: sasha_nc
I actually expected Weddington to win this one. Was surprised when Crest was up 38-17. Sounds like the win would have been more comfortable if the QB hadn't gotten hurt.

I think . If the score would've been closer. Willie would've went back in. Looked to me like . Coach started playing not to lose. Had faith the defense would finish the game. Credit to Weddington for fighting back. The Crest db's were giving way to much space off the receivers.

So where is the King of Earl this morning. After that thriller he must be washing his drawls with Purple Power. You OK Rulz?
I'm fine. Out Christmas shopping with my wife and daughter. We won. That's all that matters to me. On to next week.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
That #26 Ramseur kid is a MONSTER! Those guards and tackles were reaching him all night but he fought them off and still made big time tackles. All year long I haven't really saw guards reach him but last night they were on him all night...

Mallard Creek would massacre you guys this year. I don't know about other teams, but after last night. If MC played like that oh my I don't even wanna see that score.

Reactions: Chopper747
S
Mallard Creek would massacre you guys this year. I don't know about other teams, but after last night. If MC played like that oh my I don't even wanna see that score.
so are you saying mallard creek wouldnt murder your team as well? Remember crest was only a few students away from being 3 a this year

First off this the 3a board so when I say any team in the state is am referring to the teams we play.

How hard to type any team in the state in 3A ball ? You have to be CLEAR. If you guys play Weddington 10 times, you guys split eh? Like those posters above said, very well coached team ....Weddington must have a superb coaching staff.

I would love to see that game last Friday and past couple years when Weddington came to play FOOTBALL. I know Northern Guilford beat Weddington last year in State Final....but the game were extremely low scoring. Northern Guilford usually score a lot and that tells me right then Weddington is a well coached team. I hope Weddington will get a ring one day due to all those posters above praised them greatly.

How hard to type any team in the state in 3A ball ? You have to be CLEAR. If you guys play Weddington 10 times, you guys split eh? Like those posters above said, very well coached team ....Weddington must have a superb coaching staff.

I would love to see that game last Friday and past couple years when Weddington came to play FOOTBALL. I know Northern Guilford beat Weddington last year in State Final....but the game were extremely low scoring. Northern Guilford usually score a lot and that tells me right then Weddington is a well coached team. I hope Weddington will get a ring one day due to all those posters above praised them greatly.

It doesn't matter how hard it is to type something this is the 3a board, and BTW if they played 10 times our best player on wouldn't be out or QB might not get hurt on a questionable hit while sliding and get knocked out of the game and I am certain we wouldn't blow a 21 point lead in the final 8 mind or so of the game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT