ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs Tarboro

I was there on 2011 you said Gurley was hurt,please don't say more injured players now. Coach Willie Goes defense held Gurley under 50 yards. Tarboro has tradition and veteran coach. Going to be a game like WC not seen this year. I said WC by 10 but I'm starting to wonder. We need a break or two to take it. But that's why you play.

• Haha
Reactions: Goatman6
However long it takes me to get to another state championship. I’d take my licks for that my man no doubt.
Well some of the RBs during the Brett/Weinstein days would hold their fakes 15-20 yards down the field. Marshall Barnes was among the slowest fullbacks Tarboro ever had, but he got huge yards convincing defenders he was just a decoy.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I was there on 2011 you said Gurley was hurt,please don't say more injured players now. Coach Willie Goes defense held Gurley under 50 yards. Tarboro has tradition and veteran coach. Going to be a game like WC not seen this year. I said WC by 10 but I'm starting to wonder. We need a break or two to take it. But that's why you play.
What does Gurley being held to 50 yards in a game 12 years ago have to do with this game?

Injuries, turnovers, and adverse weather conditions are the only three factors that upend metrics when making predictions. IF Tarboro sustains injuries to two KEY (top five defenders) players on defense that keep them out of the game, and WC comes in at 100%, I would lean towards WC being able to outscore Tarboro. Not allowing Tarboro to get more than 10 points ahead at any time is a key to WC's sustainability to compete and win. Injuries for Tarboro, especially on defense, is something to look closely at. I understand "next man up" mentality; however, that next man up rarely has the experience to fully replicate the performance of the missing link. Throw in bad weather and turnovers and this game could be a mess of an Eastern Regional Championship game.

You make yourself sound silly man. He got hurt in round 2 that year but that has nothing to do with this week. The injuries happened last week and the facts are the facts.

Reactions: FootballThanos2023
You make yourself sound silly man. He got hurt in round 2 that year but that has nothing to do with this week. The injuries happened last week and the facts are the facts.
Injuries, turnovers, and adverse weather conditions are the only three factors that upend metrics when making predictions. IF Tarboro sustains injuries to two KEY (top five defenders) players on defense that keep them out of the game, and WC comes in at 100%, I would lean towards WC being able to outscore Tarboro. Not allowing Tarboro to get more than 10 points ahead at any time is a key to WC's sustainability to compete and win. Injuries for Tarboro, especially on defense, is something to look closely at. I understand "next man up" mentality; however, that next man up rarely has the experience to fully replicate the performance of the missing link. Throw in bad weather and turnovers and this game could be a mess of an Eastern Regional Championship game.
Understood but Gurley won the state title remember they beat Carver. WC is healthy but don't have experience on this stage. As far a weather the last I checked, WC is in Gun and Tarboro isn't. It is going to be cold and throwing the ball will be a huge factor if WC had a good passing game. Tarboro will have enough speed to contain what they do on offense. I do respect your opinion. Good post!

Understood but Gurley won the state title remember they beat Carver. WC is healthy but don't have experience on this stage. As far a weather the last I checked, WC is in Gun and Tarboro isn't. It is going to be cold and throwing the ball will be a huge factor if WC had a good passing game. Tarboro will have enough speed to contain what they do on offense. I do respect your opinion. Good post!
We actually have our starting running back out. He tore his ACL in our third round game against Lakewood on a non contact play. We had to make some adjustments at running back against Wilson Prep, but that’s part of it. We just really hate it for the kid. He had worked so hard, just a great kid in general.

We actually have our starting running back out. He tore his ACL in our third round game against Lakewood on a non contact play. We had to make some adjustments at running back against Wilson Prep, but that’s part of it. We just really hate it for the kid. He had worked so hard, just a great kid in general.
If I ever come back to HS I want to come to the East. I know what it needs.

That’s what I was told man. I sure hate it for that young man, we had one not able to play the last 3 round last year due to that. Prayers for a speedy recovery for that young man.

Reactions: axelberg7
Yall ever see Gurley or Draughn at any of the ball games? I had heard that Gurley donated money to the program years ago.
Nah Todd is on a world tour right now enjoying retirement lol… #3 for Tarboro is Tyquan Lewis’s brother who is currently playing for the Colts. He normally shows up on his bye week.

Nah Todd is on a world tour right now enjoying retirement lol… #3 for Tarboro is Tyquan Lewis’s brother who is currently playing for the Colts. He normally shows up on his bye week.
Won't ever forget following Gurley's recruitment. I'm a big UNC guy and follow the HS recruiting very closely. I had always heard he was a strong UNC lean until the NCAA mess happened. Can't blame him for going to UGA, though.

Reactions: Eastcoastman1957
Won't ever forget following Gurley's recruitment. I'm a big UNC guy and follow the HS recruiting very closely. I had always heard he was a strong UNC lean until the NCAA mess happened. Can't blame him for going to UGA, though.
Funny story about him going to UGA, Keith Marshall went the same year, and guys from our county rival said Gurley wouldn’t get on the field over him lol. Gurley was the star of the show in Georgia while he was there. Great player man.

Funny story about him going to UGA, Keith Marshall went the same year, and guys from our county rival said Gurley wouldn’t get on the field over him lol. Gurley was the star of the show in Georgia while he was there. Great player man.
I remember him playing at Millbrook. I think he was rated a 5* wasn't he? Just a smaller scat back and didn't have the total package like Todd.

Reactions: Goatman6
Gurley got some money the year he came out and went to GA. No way GA got him and the number 2 RB in the country that year to go to one school. Not one person red flagged that at all. Now we have NIL deals when the whole time they been doing it...LOL!

Last edited:
If tarboro is that banged up.... Next weeks game could be ugly. I was hoping for an excellent rematch of last years final.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Next week??? I’m just hoping we survive this week!
At least, for the most part, that crowd is focusing on their mountain trip…
Last week I thought some were doing that already in the ER thread…🤷‍♂️
As I’ve said good luck this week…

Reactions: BigRedFan27
At least, for the most part, that crowd is focusing on their mountain trip…
Last week I thought some were doing that already in the ER thread…🤷‍♂️
As I’ve said good luck this week…
I thought I saw Buzz pop up on this thread earlier today asking why Tarboro only beat a team by 7. I guess he’s doing some early recon for a potential matchup next week

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT