ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs Tarboro

This is the first Eastern Finals game since we played Edenton in 2017 that I’m not 100% sure going in that Tarboro will win. I think this is going to be a dogfight. I could see it going either way.

Let’s not forget that Mason is originally a RB fam. Not a FB. We have other RBs also(They’re not Cam though) but I think will be ok. He’ll definitely be missed on defense for sure but hopefully he’s ok
Yeah I expect mason to get a lot of carries next week.

I really think West can win if we don’t make mistakes. West is strong against the run which should really help. That Tarboro “full house “T is going to be a little more difficult than what we saw tonight with all of those misdirections y’all run. Was shocking to me that Wilson’s offense was pretty much snap it to the QB and take off running.

West Columbus is playing really well at the moment and their defense has been outstanding….that and the fact that WC has absolutely nothing to loss…next week could get interesting !!

Y'all are delusional and tarboro fans are Sandbagging, WC has had a great season but this game wont be close.... West Columbus cant hold the ball for a quarter at a time like East bladen did tonight.
West beat East Bladen 24-8 during the regular season. You’re underestimating our team by quite a bit if you really believe that. Six weeks ago I would have said we never would have a chance against Tarboro. Today I think we have a legit shot of winning the game.

Last edited:
I think I know most of the Tarboro posters on here pretty well and I'm pretty confident they would all agree with me. We definitely are not sandbagging. West Columbus has a good shot at winning next Friday.

alrighty, here's my honest assessment of tonight, and what I'm expecting for next Friday night. First of all, I'll say that most Tarboro posters are honest, and don't pound our chest like many programs who've had our kind of success. There are some who believe we are infallible and can't be beaten, especially at home, and I think if any fan is completely honest, they wouldn't fall into that category. We've been extremely blessed, and to be honest, most of our fans have become spoiled. We believe we are supposed to blow out every team, and it's to the point that the fans don't even hardly cheer anymore. We even have other fan basses that pump us up, based off of previous Tarboro teams that they have seen. This isn't the 17-20 vikings. This team, although undefeated, is VERY young, and at times can be very up and down. The teams that we've had the last three years (even though one of those teams won it) is down compared to some of our really good teams, and that's okay. We fans have to expect that not every team is going to dominate the way some of our previous teams have.

Tonight I thought East Bladen had a good game plan. I actually told a few folks that I expected that, and they did a wonderful job. I'll even say first half, it looked like they wanted it more than us. Second half our D stepped up, and made stops but they shot themselves in the foot several times. Our offense was conservative and I don't think it's being negative, or ugly, or anything else to say we are going to have to open it up a little to be successful over the next few weeks.

Now on to next weeks game. Score comparing is something that we all get caught up in at times, but you just can't do that when it comes to high-school football. So many factors, injuries, match ups, and the fact that these are 14-18 year kids. With that said, I'm expecting a dog fight. If 2 is able to play, and healthy, I'll feel really good, if not, then I'll certainly be nervous. Now, after the job that our staff did in 21, I can't bet against our guys, but I'll say if we don't make some adjustments, and have guys out to injuries, we can very easily lose this game. If we do, I wish West Columbus the best, and will try to remind myself and other fans that we've had a great ride, and I know that we'll be in the same position next year.

alrighty, here's my honest assessment of tonight, and what I'm expecting for next Friday night. First of all, I'll say that most Tarboro posters are honest, and don't pound our chest like many programs who've had our kind of success. There are some who believe we are infallible and can't be beaten, especially at home, and I think if any fan is completely honest, they wouldn't fall into that category. We've been extremely blessed, and to be honest, most of our fans have become spoiled. We believe we are supposed to blow out every team, and it's to the point that the fans don't even hardly cheer anymore. We even have other fan basses that pump us up, based off of previous Tarboro teams that they have seen. This isn't the 17-20 vikings. This team, although undefeated, is VERY young, and at times can be very up and down. The teams that we've had the last three years (even though one of those teams won it) is down compared to some of our really good teams, and that's okay. We fans have to expect that not every team is going to dominate the way some of our previous teams have.

Tonight I thought East Bladen had a good game plan. I actually told a few folks that I expected that, and they did a wonderful job. I'll even say first half, it looked like they wanted it more than us. Second half our D stepped up, and made stops but they shot themselves in the foot several times. Our offense was conservative and I don't think it's being negative, or ugly, or anything else to say we are going to have to open it up a little to be successful over the next few weeks.

Now on to next weeks game. Score comparing is something that we all get caught up in at times, but you just can't do that when it comes to high-school football. So many factors, injuries, match ups, and the fact that these are 14-18 year kids. With that said, I'm expecting a dog fight. If 2 is able to play, and healthy, I'll feel really good, if not, then I'll certainly be nervous. Now, after the job that our staff did in 21, I can't bet against our guys, but I'll say if we don't make some adjustments, and have guys out to injuries, we can very easily lose this game. If we do, I wish West Columbus the best, and will try to remind myself and other fans that we've had a great ride, and I know that we'll be in the same position next year.
Very well said.

According to maxpreps Tarboro hasn't lost a home game since 2015 over 8 seasons ago... And y'all are worried about WC...et out of here with that mess... It may not be 17-20 tarboro but they are still in the East. And everyone knows West is the Best lol. Your fans wont have to cheer to win Friday so I wouldn't stress that either... Looking forward to watching y'all vs Robbinsville Mt airy winner next week. Serious? Are y'all better or worse than last years team... BC that game vs Mt Airy was great.

According to maxpreps Tarboro hasn't lost a home game since 2015 over 8 seasons ago... And y'all are worried about WC...et out of here with that mess... It may not be 17-20 tarboro but they are still in the East. And everyone knows West is the Best lol. Your fans wont have to cheer to win Friday so I wouldn't stress that either... Looking forward to watching y'all vs Robbinsville Mt airy winner next week. Serious? Are y'all better or worse than last years team... BC that game vs Mt Airy was great.
Heading into the SE Halifax game, I would have said this year’s team is a step up from last year’s. Last week, a team that wasn’t in our league rattled our guys. I figured after last week, our coaches would get in our guys faces and challenge them to stand tall.

East Bladen must have looked at last week’s film and thought we were soft. That was an extremely physical game. In the first half, Tarboro took 2-3 minutes to score a TD, then the Eagles took 6-7 minutes to get theirs.

Frankly, our staff was out coached last night. When our guys had the ball close to midfield with 35 seconds left in the half and 3 timeouts, our coaches chose to run the clock out. I was stunned. The Eagles coaches put their players in a position to win, but their players kept giving it back on the final Tarboro drive. Frankly, I don’t know what to expect next week. This team hasn’t had the Mojo the last couple. It’s hard to just assume we will make it back.

Heading into the SE Halifax game, I would have said this year’s team is a step up from last year’s. Last week, a team that wasn’t in our league rattled our guys. I figured after last week, our coaches would get in our guys faces and challenge them to stand tall.

East Bladen must have looked at last week’s film and thought we were soft. That was an extremely physical game. In the first half, Tarboro took 2-3 minutes to score a TD, then the Eagles took 6-7 minutes to get theirs.

Frankly, our staff was out coached last night. When our guys had the ball close to midfield with 35 seconds left in the half and 3 timeouts, our coaches chose to run the clock out. I was stunned. The Eagles coaches put their players in a position to win, but their players kept giving it back on the final Tarboro drive. Frankly, I don’t know what to expect next week. This team hasn’t had the Mojo the last couple. It’s hard to just assume we will make it back.
Well said. I think we can win next week. But west is a good team. I really didn't get why we decided to run the clock out at the end of the half with three timeouts left.

Well said. I think we can win next week. But west is a good team. I really didn't get why we decided to run the clock out at the end of the half with three timeouts left.
Right?! At that point in the game, we had all our RBs. At anytime, those guys are capable of breaking loose for a big gainer. They did just that on the last play of the half. If we had the 25 seconds back, we could have at minimum gotten a FG attempt. There was no reason to play scared. East Bladen couldn’t have gone 50 yds in 25 seconds. Even coaches brain fade at times. That was a very good opportunity missed.

A little positivity this morning…

Congrats to the Tarboro players and coaches for advancing to their 8th straight eastern championship game. That’s not easy to do regardless of what level you’re playing at. The people of Tarboro should be more grateful than we are for the hard work they’ve put in over the years to give us a great program to watch on Friday nights.

Also congrats to West Columbus. You guys have been on the rise the last couple years. I’m Looking forward to seeing your team compete next Friday!

Grit and Grind has to travel with the Knights of Northern Nash this Friday, but if we did not have to, we would be at this game. This is going to be a great game in the Tarboro area.

Of course y’all can win and are the favorite. It would be disrespectful for any West fan to come on here and say otherwise. Teams like Tarboro and Wallace Rose Hill have been the standard in the East and most small football programs/ communities can only dream of that kinda success.

I’m expecting our kids to come in and and battle. Will have to limit mistakes for sure, but I’m expecting a competitive ball game.

Nice post! Lots of good points here. Two weeks ago I would’ve said we were definitely better than last year, now I’m not sure. Our approach at the end of the first half was certainly a head scratcher, and appeared we were playing not to lose versus playing to win

Let me start by saying Tarboro posters are in a class by themselves. Rarely do you read bravado and usually they avoid negative comments about other programs and teams. Last year they said we are young and we are a little down. This year I expected them to run through the east. Last week I read they had numerous penalties and I thought, it’s very late in the year for a Craddock team to make those mistakes. I expected a blow out over East Bladen this week. It just doesn’t seem like this Tarboro team is as explosive as those in the past. Now I don’t know what to think about the W Columbus game much less how Tarboro will fare IF they make it through to face the west champion. The effort from Friday night may not be enough next week.

Let me start by saying Tarboro posters are in a class by themselves. Rarely do you read bravado and usually they avoid negative comments about other programs and teams. Last year they said we are young and we are a little down. This year I expected them to run through the east. Last week I read they had numerous penalties and I thought, it’s very late in the year for a Craddock team to make those mistakes. I expected a blow out over East Bladen this week. It just doesn’t seem like this Tarboro team is as explosive as those in the past. Now I don’t know what to think about the W Columbus game much less how Tarboro will fare IF they make it through to face the west champion. The effort from Friday night may not be enough next week.
Thanks for your kind words, and I agree. Like I said in previous post, our coaches have done a tremendous job in the past so I don’t ever count them out, but it’s certainly going to be difficult next week. For the most part we’ve looked really good, but it’s a bit alarming that we haven’t looked as sharp the last few weeks. Now I get it, playoffs are supposed to be tough, and many years we’ve made it look easy, but I feel it’s been mistakes that you just don’t typically see Viking teams make this late in the year

Reactions: CatScratchFever23
The beast is in there with this team. We saw it early in the year against RM, HC, and the 2nd half against SW Edgecombe. I just hope it comes back out before it’s too late!

Right?! At that point in the game, we had all our RBs. At anytime, those guys are capable of breaking loose for a big gainer. They did just that on the last play of the half. If we had the 25 seconds back, we could have at minimum gotten a FG attempt. There was no reason to play scared. East Bladen couldn’t have gone 50 yds in 25 seconds. Even coaches brain fade at times. That was a very good opportunity missed.
EB defense is nowhere close to WC defense. Truly I look for a very close game. And it should,it's Eastern champ. game. So...let the cat out and turn the dogs lose and play. Best team wins!!

EB defense is nowhere close to WC defense. Truly I look for a very close game. And it should,it's Eastern champ. game. So...let the cat out and turn the dogs lose and play. Best team wins!!
EB defense didn’t really stop Tarboro. Their offense stopped Tarboro by keeping the ball away from them. When Tarboro had the ball they scored quick until #2 went down late in the 3rd qtr.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Outside the one long rushing touchdown by WP.…the defense for WC was lights outs. The touchdown happen when one of our best linebackers #2 Freeman got hurt and was replaced by a freshman and they ran the play to his side. The only other touchdown scored was a pick 6. Not sure how many yards rushing WP had, but it was no where near 400 from the previous week !! What you think Eastcoastman1957 ?

EB defense didn’t really stop Tarboro. Their offense stopped Tarboro by keeping the ball away from them. When Tarboro had the ball they scored quick until #2 went down late in the 3rd qtr.
That's was coach Lennon Fisher did over 20 years he and Russell Priest coached EB. Coach is retired now but is on Robbies staff. Apple don't far far from tree,huh? Robbie did a great job at EB. Look for them to be favorite in conf. next year. WC loses 18 seniors. I think WC wins eastern ship next Friday,then on to the West champ. in the State title. West is always tough 13 you know this to!

That's was coach Lennon Fisher did over 20 years he and Russell Priest coached EB. Coach is retired now but is on Robbies staff. Apple don't far far from tree,huh? Robbie did a great job at EB. Look for them to be favorite in conf. next year. WC loses 18 seniors. I think WC wins eastern ship next Friday,then on to the West champ. in the State title. West is always tough 13 you know this to!
Best of luck to you. I hope little ole Tarboro doesn’t interrupt your big plans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT