ADVERTISEMENT

WC vs Tarboro

Tarboro might have the athletes to play in space outside to neutralize Kelly and RB if they do they will win. WC relies on Kelly ability to run outside on what you might call a wildcat . He can run like hell. He gets shoulders square he gone. We just have to play the game and see. I said WC by 10 but that might be to much. I hope all have a good game. Tarboro will be a good measuring stick for our program. I didn't think EB could play close game with you but they did.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I will say WC hasn't seen a team caliper of Tarboro,but you also have to get some breaks against a team like Tarboro. I been there 2 times with SC and Pack years ago tough place to play. I just think it is mea

We can put some wings on it. I don't mind eating them on you. Your QB is not a true passer but he is good athlete. Inside zone and zone read won't be enough. They will spy him and they have enough speed to naturalize him. I watched you on film. WC plays a straight 4-4 cover 3. They are going to try and play a bear front and they are going to slice you up. Majority of your teams that you have played don't know how to match up with you. Just not enough variety to beat Tarboro. Good back and watch Mount Airy beat them last year. Your offensive line is soft. I don't mean that in a bad way just that you are not fire blocking anyone. You will play to many snaps and this will be the difference in the game.
Tarboro has one of the best coaches in the state , no doubt. I'm sure they will have a great game plan, but neither team is going to score close to 50 in this game. Whiteville also has one of the best staffs in the state and struggled to contain Kelly. Kelly is one of the best 1A QB's in the State, imo. You must not have watched his throws on the run last week 20 yards down the field.

Tarboro might have the athletes to play in space outside to neutralize Kelly and RB if they do they will win. WC relies on Kelly ability to run outside on what you might call a wildcat . He can run like hell. He gets shoulders square he gone. We just have to play the game and see. I said WC by 10 but that might be too much. I hope all have a good game. Tarboro will be a good measuring stick for our program. I didn't think EB could play close game with you but they did.
That East Bladen score looks good to you don’t it?

Tarboro has one of the best coaches in the state , no doubt. I'm sure they will have a great game plan, but neither team is going to score close to 50 in this game. Whiteville also has one of the best staffs in the state and struggled to contain Kelly. Kelly is one of the best 1A QB's in the State, imo. You must not have watched his throws on the run last week 20 yards down the field.
I have watched his throws. Deep balls doesn't matter but on that level everyone is going to play you cover 3. When you watch his film tell me how many times does he throw it to the right side compared to the left? See, I already know that 70 percent of his passes are on the right side. If he plays on the next level he will be a receiver or corner. Kelly does not have over 2000 yards. If he did, he would be on my board. Tarboro has something that a lot of people take for granted. Tradition wins games too. West Columbus might have that in baseball but football is going to be tough to say that.

I’m not saying he will play QB in college by any means. West isn’t a pass first team, but he can roll out and throw the ball if needed and is a great athlete. Anyone that knows football understands Tarboro’s tradition. Your projection for this game is way off is all I’m saying. I’m going to go with 21-16, not sure who wins.

Who is your team, if you don’t mind me asking.

I’m not saying he will play QB in college by any means. West isn’t a pass first team, but he can roll out and throw the ball if needed and is a great athlete. Anyone that knows football understands Tarboro’s tradition. Your projection for this game is way off is all I’m saying. I’m going to go with 21-16, not sure who wins.

Who is your team, if you don’t mind me asking.
I got 42-21 trust me on this. I have the mind stone...LOL! From watching West they don't really throw it unless they are behind the sticks. I actually recruit the East.

Looking at the W. Columbus/Tarboro matchup, metrics are interesting:

Tarboro 12-0, 5-0 WC 12-1, 6-0
PF: 526 PF: 494 (1 extra game)
PA: 79 PA: 115 (1 extra game)
PPG: 43.83 PPG: 38
PAPG: 6.58 PAPG: 8.85

Opponents' records: 75-60 Opponents' records: 69-70

Opponents' outside of Four Rivers and Waccamaw final conference records:

Hertford Co. 6-1 St. Pauls 4-1
SWE 6-0 Whiteville 5-1
Northam. Co. 6-2 E. Bladen 4-2
SE Halifax 7-1 Lakewood 3-1
E. Bladen 4-2 Wilson P. 8-0
29-6 24-5

Non-Conference regular season opponents' overall records:

Rocky Mount 3-6 Union 2-9
Hertford Co. 10-3 Sandhills 0-6
N. Edgecombe 3-8 W. Bladen 2-8
SW. Edgecombe 10-3 St. Pauls 6-5
26-20 10-28

What the data shows: Tarboro tends to blow out opposition regardless of strength. Defense is stiff.
Tarboro has faced stiffer competition, especially in pre-season games.

W. Columbus tends to blow out opposition, with only loss to St. Pauls (6-5, 4-1)
Three exceptionally poor opponents skew data (Union, Sandhills, W. Bladen).

Questions to be answered Friday (or when game is played):
Do the three extremely poor teams WC played create a false indicator?
Do any injuries either side have a significant impact on the data above?
Which coaching staff will be better at making in-game changes?
Will solid fan bases turn out to support their teams? (Large visiting crowd can negate
home field advantage).
Will weather-related issues impact style of play?
In-game injuries?
Turnovers? (a piece of data I'm sorely lacking that would add clarity to the matchup)
Can WC recover should they fall behind by 14 early? (Tarboro can. They've been here
before)

All in all, I believe this will be a very interesting game to attend, but I believe Tarboro will gain a lead right before the half. The start of the second half will tell the tale: If Tarboro comes out and scores or stops WC dead on the first possession of the second half, I believe they will pull away. If their punch is on the mark, they may very well score 40 points (majority of their opponents have folded in this way over the past decade). WC has had a great season, their finest ever, but those three contests against horrible opposition concern me. I hope I'm wrong there. What key injuries either team has come Friday is also cause for question, but considering both at full strength, I look for the Vikings' defense to continue to be stingy. The Vikings will take an early lead. The Vikings will to take the lead right before the half, then the Vikings will extend the lead in the second half.

In the end, the Vikings win.

I'm headed to Robbinsville Friday night. That one is a much more curious matchup to figure out using metrics. There's an unknown spirit that seems to look out for that tiny high school deep in the mountains of the west.

Good luck to both the Vikings Friday.

....oh, Tarboro Vikings 36, West Columbus Vikings 14.

I got 42-21 trust me on this. I have the mind stone...LOL! From watching West they don't really throw it unless they are behind the sticks. I actually recruit the East.
Let me tell you about number 3. It actually has to do more than just film and I’m glad that he has a coach advocating for him and I’m glad there are colleges taking the time to actually talk to him instead of saying stuff about him on a forum and just judging him based off of film. I’m learning the good and the bad when it comes to guys recruiting these kids because I have one who just completed his freshmen campaign in college. Number 3 has not only come far at QB, but he’s a team player that will play any position to help his team. He’s always had a passion for basketball, but he decided to play football in the 8th grade to stay active. He came to the high school and started playing some WR, Corner and Safety. He has been a big part of the rebuild at those positions. He then didn’t take over the QB position until 2/3 thru the season last year and helped us get to the third round for the first time in school history. After that, he played basketball and got back to work for his senior year in football. He has come along way with his progression at the QB position in just a short period of time. I’m thankful this has been noticed by coaches who are taking the time to get to know him. He also has a 3.6 GPA and has leadership skills that you won’t see on film. Who knows what will happen this week, but I have a feeling it will be close either way. If I’m not mistaken, you also predicted that North Moore would defeat Wilson Prep 35-14. Anyhow, I guess I’m coming across as taking it personal, but I’m protective of kids when adults don’t know the whole deal about them. I know this forum is mainly just fun and it is 99 percent of the time. I wish everyone the best this week and hope both teams are healthy.

SWE 6-0 Whiteville 5-1
29-6 24-5

26-20 10-28

What the data shows: Tarboro tends to blow out opposition regardless of strength. Defense is stiff.

W. Columbus tends to blow out opposition, with only loss to St. Pauls (6-5, 4-1)

Will solid fan bases turn out to support their teams? (Large visiting crowd can negate
home field advantage).
In-game injuries?
Turnovers? (a piece of data I'm sorely lacking that would add clarity to the matchup)
Can WC recover should they fall behind by 14 early? (Tarboro can. They've been here
before)

All in all, I believe this will be a very interesting game to attend, but I believe Tarboro will gain a lead right before the half. The start of the second half will tell the tale: If Tarboro comes out and scores or stops WC dead on the first possession of the second half, I believe they will pull away. If their punch is on the mark, they may very well score 40 points (majority of their opponents have folded in this way over the past decade). WC has had a great season, their finest ever, but those three contests against horrible opposition concern me. I hope I'm wrong there. What key injuries either team has come Friday is also cause for question, but considering both at full strength, I look for the Vikings' defense to continue to be stingy. The Vikings will take an early lead. The Vikings will to take the lead right before the half, then the Vikings will extend the lead in the second half.

I'm headed to Robbinsville Friday night. That one is a much more curious matchup to figure out using metrics. There's an unknown spirit that seems to look out for that tiny high school deep in the mountains of the west.

That's a good in depth breakdown. It's going to be interesting for

SWE 6-0 Whiteville 5-1
29-6 24-5

26-20 10-28

home field advantage).
In-game injuries?
before)

Good detailed writeup there. Would love to see that Robbinsville and Mount Airy game. I'd like to see Robbinsville win, but Mount Airy has been who I expected to win it all year. That's like a state championship matchup right there.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Let me tell you about number 3. It actually has to do more than just film and I’m glad that he has a coach advocating for him and I’m glad there are colleges taking the time to actually talk to him instead of saying stuff about him on a forum and just judging him based off of film. I’m learning the good and the bad when it comes to guys recruiting these kids because I have one who just completed his freshmen campaign in college. Number 3 has not only come far at QB, but he’s a team player that will play any position to help his team. He’s always had a passion for basketball, but he decided to play football in the 8th grade to stay active. He came to the high school and started playing some WR, Corner and Safety. He has been a big part of the rebuild at those positions. He then didn’t take over the QB position until 2/3 thru the season last year and helped us get to the third round for the first time in school history. After that, he played basketball and got back to work for his senior year in football. He has come along way with his progression at the QB position in just a short period of time. I’m thankful this has been noticed by coaches who are taking the time to get to know him. He also has a 3.6 GPA and has leadership skills that you won’t see on film. Who knows what will happen this week, but I have a feeling it will be close either way. If I’m not mistaken, you also predicted that North Moore would defeat Wilson Prep 35-14. Anyhow, I guess I’m coming across as taking it personal, but I’m protective of kids when adults don’t know the whole deal about them. I know this forum is mainly just fun and it is 99 percent of the time. I wish everyone the best this week and hope both teams are healthy.
I predicted North Moore would win and I was wrong. I also predicted Weddington beating Grimsley too. Please understand that my post is strictly for entertainment purposes only. He is an excellent athlete not once have I said anything about this young man being awful. Unfortunately, in my business leadership and film are two different entities. Film gets you notice and if the scout likes what they see on film the investigation promotes itself. You are also right about adults not knowing the entire story about any program or kids that are good. I mentioned one snag about his passing progression which is not a knock on the young man. I only compare schemes and when I look at schemes on film I see what could be a weakness. One thing I know for sure and this is fact, West Columbus does not have a history of winning. That is fact! This will surely be a upset in my opinion. So, I am sticking with my prediction again 42-21 Tarboro. I have been doing this for a long time and just like Bunker Hill at Reidsville. Tarboro has been there before and you won't be able to free style your way into the title game. I just don't see a scheme that can beat Tarboro from what I have seen thus far. I could be wrong again, but I feel strong about this pick.

I will put it to everyone like this and I'm a pretty straight forward guy. West Columbus is playing for an Eastern Regional championship at Tarboro, read that again, AT TARBORO. The last time Tarboro lost at home was 8 years ago. If and the big word IF, Tarboro is healthy on both sides of the ball, West Columbus is in trouble. We played without a defensive star against EB, and it hurt. When McDowell-Moore went out, after he clearly couldn't be stopped by EB, it hurt, offensively and defensively. I'm not saying West Columbus can't come in and hold their own, but I just honest and truly do not see it happening. Tarboro by 2 touchdowns.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Ok men, y’all going to have to step it up over here some. Mayberry/Mountain Folks thread showing out…
Ain’t y’all got something you can say about, I don’t know, population of both places or players outside of area or Tarboro dropping from 2A or…
I don’t know because it’s all starting to run together and back around…
Geesh them boys are a mess ain’t they?

Ok men, y’all going to have to step it up over here some. Mayberry/Mountain Folks thread showing out…
Ain’t y’all got something you can say about, I don’t know, population of both places or players outside of area or Tarboro dropping from 2A or…
I don’t know because it’s all starting to run together and back around…
Geesh them boys are a mess ain’t they?
Who do you guys play this week?

He’s a friend to Tarboro Goatman, be nice to him!
Man doesn’t anybody look at people’s past posts anymore?
Thank you for the kind words sir.
Just wish once ER would get to play Tarboro. Wouldn’t mind making the acquaintance of some people I genuinely respect.

Reactions: Goatman6
Just wish once ER would get to play Tarboro. Wouldn’t mind making the acquaintance of some people I genuinely respect.
I am a busy man lol.. That would be a great matchup though.

Reactions: thekidd12
You think Robbinsville can knock off vaunted Mount Airy?
I’m playing Switzerland on that one…
But, truthfully, if hand held to fire(my expressions are even getting old huh?) I honestly am not sure a team that beat this year’s ER squad will lose.
Not saying it can’t happen. Anything involving teenagers is a crap shoot…

Let’s hope not, it’s a full time job keeping them straight without coming over here and stirring it up.
My turn for an apology I guess…
Didn’t think you had enough to do maybe?
I mean between that thread and the 2A crowd you and Deana probably twiddling your thumbs…🤷‍♂️

There are a lot of great West fans we may never see. Some of us are still waiting for that Tarboro vs Murphy matchup from when the classifications had A and AA champions.

I really believe our folks can get along with pretty much anyone because we have had years of practice putting up with each other. Every fan base has its share of nuts and clowns and ours is no different. I think ours find Facebook or Instagram easier spaces to be obnoxious in. Forums like these are the kind of place older fans (like me) find comfortable.

When I was in school, Tarboro won its first state title. It took 25 years to see them win their second. When you wander that long in the desert, you don’t forget it. You are never too big to take a whoopin, at least that’s what my mother told me.

There are a lot of great West fans we may never see. Some of us are still waiting for that Tarboro vs Murphy matchup from when the classifications had A and AA champions.

I really believe our folks can get along with pretty much anyone because we have had years of practice putting up with each other. Every fan base has its share of nuts and clowns and ours is no different. I think ours find Facebook or Instagram easier spaces to be obnoxious in. Forums like these are the kind of place older fans (like me) find comfortable.

When I was in school, Tarboro won its first state title. It took 25 years to see them win their second. When you wander that long in the desert, you don’t forget it. You are never too big to take a whoopin, at least that’s what my mother told me.
Don’t know her but..
Love your momma…😜

Reactions: vikandpirate4christ
That #65 for WC is a monster. It looks like he floats from the left and right side, and whatever side he’s on - he shuts down. Gonna be fun watching him play Friday night.

Did not even notice y’all have two threads dedicated to this here game!!!
Glad to know the west is having a small influence 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: wncbowhunter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT