ADVERTISEMENT

Watauga @ Hibriten

beamer24

Jul 16, 2009
Lenior
Should be a good game in Lenoir. And barring any upsets should be for the conference championship.

Very interested in seeing this Watauga offense against Panther D. I think the brakes are applied to this high scoring Pioneer team. Hibriten 35-16

Watauga will test the Hibriten defense. I don't see Watauga stopping Hibriten much though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Watauga put quite a few points on the scoreboard even with the very good defense Hibriten has. Watauga is not going stop Hibriten's offense. A Hibriten wins means much more to them for playoff purposes. An unblemished record would give them a shot at home field thru round four, but more than likely three rounds. It also brings on a couple low seeds. Regardless they will be seeded based on ten games.

Beamer, pre game meal at Italy Grill... if we can get through the Lenoir Mall traffic :)

Burns, Tuscola, and Hibriten all small 3A. If all plays out the 3A west bracket should be loaded.

Should be interesting. HHS is a great team. Well coached and very talented. Watauga's defense really isn't that great. I think the team that plays their way wins. If HHS plays great defense and controls the line of scrimmage, they take it. If Watauga ends up turning it into a shootout, they could very well win this thing.

If Watauga played JUST good enough D then the offense should take care of business. Hibriten by 2 scores but this'll be first REAL test. Espacially on defense.

If Hibriten is anything better than AC Reynolds then shouldn't be a problem.

havent seen hibriten play. but i can guarantee you watauga will give them all they want. theyre physical and tough. we were very fortunate to beat them..

Based on this season so far, Id say Hibriten is the team to beat out of the west. I have been waiting for the WHS game to get some sort of gauge on how good Hibriten is. They will be formidable for anyone in the playoffs. If Burns travels to Tuscola in the 2nd round, I wouldnt mind that a bit, I like the stadium and would love a mountain team even more.

Did i read somewhere that Hibriten only dresses 27 players ? If so that tells me they have alot going both ways .

Still very low numbers for a 3a squad. That could come back to bite them come playoff time.

True, but at the same time, HHS has had a running clock in its previous 3 games.....the starters are not getting a lot of minutes.

If I don't go to a great revival in Thomasville, I'll be at this game. Hibritens numbers are low cause student body is low. Prob a small 2A next year. West Caldwell has 3a numbers and play 2a but that will change.

Freedom don't suck, they just for some reason layed down and said poo on it. That's my guess
So are you saying that Watauga had absolutely no say so in the outcome of the game? The boys from Boone won simply because Freedom gave up?

So are you saying that Watauga had absolutely no say so in the outcome of the game? The boys from Boone won simply because Freedom gave up?
Freedom is horrible ....comparable to the likes of cherryville and highland tech so ignore pats.....best of luck this week .

Doss, our buddy from Burns intercepted this...lol,

Watauga plays with more heart than most teams in this state.
They are very well coached and hard to prepare for.
Watauga brought a game plan to Freedom, executed, and
kicked our cans!

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
So Doss, how many cabbage heads you think will come down for the game? :p:p

Also, I have no idea how yall got the "cabbage head" nickname....but that's what we used to call yall back in the day.

Well if you must know, it musta been a combo of both. A team like Watauga(well this years Watauga anyway) doesn't whoop up on an athletic team like Freedom unless there's a little 'give up' involved. I mean, I dunno man there may not have been an those kids fought hard all the way through. I wasn't there.

I may not be at the Hibriten game either since there's a voice of hope revival going on in Thomasville. I hope a lot show up for that. But if I am there I'm just hoping for a good game and hope to see some underdog perhaps game plan and take down a monster giant. I like both teams so I'm not bias on this one. Will be a barn burner that's for sure

It must notta been the Freedom team that played TC Toberson that showed up on the field with Watauga.

Now you know back in your days and my days Freedom takes Watauga to the woodshed. Even with Morlu as their RB, they still struggled.

Well if you must know, it musta been a combo of both. A team like Watauga(well this years Watauga anyway) doesn't whoop up on an athletic team like Freedom unless there's a little 'give up' involved. I mean, I dunno man there may not have been an those kids fought hard all the way through. I wasn't there.

I may not be at the Hibriten game either since there's a voice of hope revival going on in Thomasville. I hope a lot show up for that. But if I am there I'm just hoping for a good game and hope to see some underdog perhaps game plan and take down a monster giant. I like both teams so I'm not bias on this one. Will be a barn burner that's for sure
Can you take pats to the revival ? I will chip in for gas.

Reactions: patsfball
This match is scheduled for one fall with a 20 minute time limit it is a dog collar chain match. In this corner with his manager go devils go, from wherever he is patsfball. And his opponent from Lawndale,nc lawn12dog. Your referee burkeforreal.

Reactions: patsfball
only a few posters (mainly Freedom) will know what I'm saying here....

heelsfan28655 whose manager will you be?? Will you ride into the arena
on the John Deer gator? lol.

The best way to tell you from GA is to get on Watermill Rd and go toward Oak
Hill... don't stop till you get to Oak Hill football field. my DNA is all over it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT