ADVERTISEMENT

Was Told Richmond is Stacked for 2017

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Heard from the other side of the vine where the grapes are still sour that Richmond will be strong. What makes this a fact? Does anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure some of the more honest will tell you that I don't know if stacked is the word but in all honesty they will be that powerhouse that not many teams look forward to meeting.one way or the other...what should be interesting though is the fact that they face off against Butler, the last team to beat Mallard Creek last year. M.C. plays Scotland on Thursday night, probably a monstrous gate however, we all know that the Creek is not the three time 4aa champ anymore, and while they were Highly ranked nationally last year, so obviouslyScotland should be highly favored at pate n phenominal game. This will be a great game and i will be there. Now, for what it's worth Richmond plays Butler, the team that defeated M.C. and the State 4aa champ, so this says alot for all of these teams. It says we ain't skeered... good luck and good way to start th new season.

Thanks Deana..good luck to all.sorry if I messed up...sometimes I tend to type too much.

They WANT be stacked ...Just hoping to make the playoffs, WOULD BE A GREAT GOAL...I think one of the toughest schedules we have ever played.....Number one goal in my opinion will be the qb position.....Hopefully Coach will get here soon and get it all going in the right direction...Go Raiders....nuff said....

Reactions: Ben-Badd
"Stacked" is relative...Richmond bigs are not very big and they struggled a ton in the trenches last year on both sides of the ball. Skill-wise, however, they should be really good again in 2017.

Hate is a very strong word... I for one never did hate Coach Hoggard.

Fair enough. But there seemed to be a lot of, how should I word this, lack of enthusiasm when he was at RC. Just curious, that with his success at Holmes, if people still blamed him for RC not living up to potential in years past?

I can't speak for "people"... Last recollection I have, coach Hoggard was as successful at Richmond as was or is Holmes... some people want to hear negatives that don't exist...I don't know other than what Raider fans were told, Coach Hoggard made that decision himself. I don't speak for Richmond coaches. It's obvious that others tend to speculate...That's what happens to successful programs...when the tide shifts a little and they don't seem so good anymore... Richmond is still good mind ya... as Deana said..."it's Richmond"..strange how there are more Richmond threads than anyone...wonder why? I know why as does most everyone else...GO RAIDERS...

Reactions: Raiderdev23
Hoggard was more successful at Richmond than he has been at Holmes.

Richmond will be good in 2017, but it's 2018 and 2019 people really need to be concerned about if they line up across from them.

Only two years at Holmes and already a title appearance, very good...be this is the upcoming year.GOOD LUCK COACH.

I know there's alot of sarcasmtoward the Raiders...med it's hard to evaluate.if it's serious or not.it's obvious nobody likes a seven time champ when most only win two or three. I'm not the Raider spokesperson, it's just obvious, fact, envy,jealousy and the best overall record maybe Indy did a little better but different rules applied...GO RAIDERS...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT