ADVERTISEMENT

Upset of the year

Crr1968

Dec 11, 2018
Interesting game. Parkwood showed more fight against Weddington than CC did. Parkwood wins in a nail biter.

This thread was started by a guy who said 5 Catholic players were recruited with zero knowledge of them at all. Then got schooled by a coach on the matter. Will he be schooled on this too? Who knows! A history of uninformed posts make it possible! Expecting a great game Friday at Parkwood against a vastly improved Rebel squad

I noticed that Parkwood beat a very good North Lincoln in overtime.They must a have a good team.I still believe Catholic wins this one.

This thread was started by a guy who said 5 Catholic players were recruited with zero knowledge of them at all. Then got schooled by a coach on the matter. Will he be schooled on this too? Who knows! A history of uninformed posts make it possible! Expecting a great game Friday at Parkwood against a vastly improved Rebel squad
This post was started as click bait. Got him!

And this response was stated by a guy who said Weddington didn’t have the speed or athleticism as the other 2 teams who beat Catholic. Or that no one on Weddington could stop Big C. I guess he didn’t know as much as he thought

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
And this response was stated by a guy who said Weddington didn’t have the speed or athleticism as the other 2 teams who beat Catholic. Or that no one on Weddington could stop Big C. I guess he didn’t know as much as he thought
You keep saying Big C as if that’s what anyone calls him. No one does.

Also Weddington doesn’t have either when compared to Good Council. Maybe closer to Rummel. It’s apples to oranges. Weddington is built differently than either of those teams. Just like Catholic is built differently from Wake Forest or Shelby.

You keep saying Big C as if that’s what anyone calls him. No one does.
Ok. Dougherty was held in check for the most part, as was Barbee. I haven’t seen much of GC or Rummel, but Weddington’s D is one of the best in the state, regardless of class. The LBs and DBs are as fast as anyone I’ve seen.

Is the game on turf or grass? Gonna be a wet Friday, that should factor in to a lot of games

Ok. Dougherty was held in check for the most part, as was Barbee. I haven’t seen much of GC or Rummel, but Weddington’s D is one of the best in the state, regardless of class. The LBs and DBs are as fast as anyone I’ve seen.
Agree. Also if Cougs14 does not agree, then CC got shut out by a "mediocre" D ---- what does that say about CC's offense? Time to give Weddington the respect and credit they deserve. Weddington owns CC now and for at least the next few years.

Reactions: Crr1968
Agree. Also if Cougs14 does not agree, then CC got shut out by a "mediocre" D ---- what does that say about CC's offense? Time to give Weddington the respect and credit they deserve. Weddington owns CC now and for at least the next few years.
Lol I never said they were mediocre Weddington is one of the top teams in the state no one is disputing that. One win and it's "owns CC" man you sound like Crest fans

Last edited:
However, there is a difference between one of the top teams in the state and being in the top 30 nationally.

Lol I never said they were mediocre Weddington is one of the top teams in the state no one is disputing that. One win and it's "owns CC" man you sound like Crest fans
Just saying that it makes sense for you to agree that Weddington has one of the best D in the state because it makes the shutout seem less exposing to the CC offense. If you do not take this position, then you have to admit that the CC offense if dismal. Just think you gotta take one of these positions in view of the lopsided nature of that game.

However, there is a difference between one of the top teams in the state and being in the top 30 nationally.
Is there really? Maybe these games highlight that certain schools (possibly all over the US) have not received the national recognition that they deserve. There may be a lot of "sleepers" out there that could surprise and upset a lot of so-called "ranked" teams.

While it is good to be recognized as a top 30 team in the country, rankings are opinions that come from so-called experts who annually rank teams based on reputation. Is Weddington a top 30 team in the country? Idk but they beat the crap out of a team that was/is constantly ranked near the top 100 every year. If you watch enough film of CC, it’s CLEAR they are nowhere near the top 100. They might not even be top 10 in 3A. But the CC name carries a lot of weight.

Last edited:
The only thing that matters is who is on top in the state after the playoffs. No opinions needed when the games are played out.

Is there really? Maybe these games highlight that certain schools (possibly all over the US) have not received the national recognition that they deserve. There may be a lot of "sleepers" out there that could surprise and upset a lot of so-called "ranked" teams.
Very good point. One can say that Catholic matched up well with GC and couldve beaten them, yet doesn't match up with Weddington. Or Weddington could beat a school from Miami but not from Mississippi, theoretically, makes for interesting debate and thought.

Looks like it was a good game. It appears Parkwood led at one point
Great game. Parkwood is full of seniors and hard nosed. Physical and want to run right at you. Much respect to the Rebels.
Great defensive performance by Cougars in second half

Great game. Parkwood is full of seniors and hard nosed. Physical and want to run right at you. Much respect to the Rebels.
Great defensive performance by Cougars in second half
They play hard the whole game. TBH, I was surprised to see them score 14 points.

They play hard the whole game. TBH, I was surprised to see them score 14 points.
Scored off really two bad coverages on D. One got them down to 2 and other was 90 yard TD on blown coverage. They weren't afraid to run it though and had opportunities too. Kind of a character win for our boys, now onto senior night vs Cutty then a big game at Marvin Ridge.

Scored off really two bad coverages on D. One got them down to 2 and other was 90 yard TD on blown coverage. They weren't afraid to run it though and had opportunities too. Kind of a character win for our boys, now onto senior night vs Cutty then a big game at Marvin Ridge.
Y’all will have no trouble with either

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT