ADVERTISEMENT

TUSCOLA FOOTBALL

On topic but slightly off. Don't put Mountain Heritage in the same class as Swain, Murphy, Robbinsville, and ACR, or Asheville HS for that matter. All those schools have multiple State Championships. When was the last time MH won a state title? Anyway, back to your debate.
If I remember, MH did make it to one SC game a few years back but lost, but they have become consistently good, and are always knocking on the door. In order to win one you have to get TO one. Maybe this is the year. Who knows?

I would put heritage up against any team in the mtns . In my opinion Reynolds is the only team un the mtns that could beat them and it would be a war.

This year and recently, Yes Mt. Heritage is very good. But, not the tradition of the others you all named. Mitchell made it to a Championship 2 years ago, but got smashed. Mt. Heritage has not been that I know of.

This year and recently, Yes Mt. Heritage is very good. But, not the tradition of the others you all named. Mitchell made it to a Championship 2 years ago, but got smashed. Mt. Heritage has not been that I know of.

Mt. Heritage played for the 2A State Championship in 2009, losing to Tarboro 28-3.

Reactions: Steelers71
I'd take FRANKLIN against heritage...tried to play them..they declined...woulda been great game. Taking nothing Way from heritage..just my opinion franklin would win..but wish heritage nothimg but the best rest of season..good ball team

Both Franklin and mtn heritage beat my boys. After watching both teams , I think heritage is better more team speed, plus their qb is a absolute stud. Not taking anything from Franklin they are good football team.

I've seen Heritage and Franklin both play this season. I would give MH the edge in that one. Reynolds is the best team in WNC but MH is not far behind them this season. They are very good.

We all have opinions...too bad heritage DODGED playing franklin or we wouldn't be speculating...ive seen all three teams play..i say franklin best team in WNC

Back to tuscola..so some want brookshire? Yes the offense has been good at smoky but the defense has been poor at best
..he would prob make Pisgah game #1 priority but to be totally honest w a fan base very difficult to please and apathetic at best when things are not good and being 3a..i truly don't see very much enticing about the job...i wouldn't have it in my top 10 best jobs in WNC

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Paul Johnson and Tommy Pursley coached together in college. They were Assistants to Fisher DeBerry when he was OC at Appalachian State.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhoaMule
We all have opinions...too bad heritage DODGED playing franklin or we wouldn't be speculating...ive seen all three teams play..i say franklin best team in WNC

Nobody is afraid to play Franklin. You play a trash SMC schedule with a few home school teams every year and brag about it. You played the 3rd best team in the MAC the last two seasons and got beat(waxed on your own field). It's the same thing every year. Beat up on weak 1A teams and get beat down in the playoffs. Franklin aint jack!

Nobody is afraid to play Franklin. You play a trash SMC schedule with a few home school teams every year and brag about it. You played the 3rd best team in the MAC the last two seasons and got beat(waxed on your own field). It's the same thing every year. Beat up on weak 1A teams and get beat down in the playoffs. Franklin aint jack!

Man I know he acts like Franklin is so good, Hendersonville should have won that game. Sorry pal we have played 2 teams that would beat Franklin , Charlotte Christain and mtn heritage .

Man I know he acts like Franklin is so good, Hendersonville should have won that game. Sorry pal we have played 2 teams that would beat Franklin , Charlotte Christain and mtn heritage .

I was at that game. Charlotte Christian would have beat any school in WNC by 40+ including Franklin. Franklin would not beat Heritage and certainly not Reynolds. Who is their signature win? Nobody!

Reactions: 91ths
Should have uh? Well you didn't...and as for heritage we will never know and as for so good...name the programs that's won more games than franklin in past decade (thats 10 years for the slow people)..i know MURPHY..id be interested in hearing others..You wanna talk about under achievers..Hendersonville would have won that award more than any WNC school last 25 yrs

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Listen brother all Ian saying is Franklin is not all that, they are a good solid team not a Powerhouse. Yes they beat the cats , you have to admit they had their hands full.

Sounds like WIR is saying all the other teams in WNC should just take two weeks off, and then quit.

Reactions: Mrbush
Should have uh? Well you didn't...and as for heritage we will never know and as for so good...name the programs that's won more games than franklin in past decade (thats 10 years for the slow people)..i know MURPHY..id be interested in hearing others..You wanna talk about under achievers..Hendersonville would have won that award more than any WNC school last 25 yrs

It's not hard to win a lot of games when you stack your schedule with SMC teams and home schoolers. How did you do vs the MAC the past 3 seasons?

Reactions: Mrbush
Who's heritage or Reynolds signature win???? And actually last time franklin played Charlotte Christian franklin won at Charlotte Christian..

Mule...sounds like two weeks of and quitting woukd be a step up for you

It doesn't matter. Franklin is going nowhere in 2A. They can always brag about beating up on those SMC teams though. lol

We have ALL had our troubles beating SMC teams on a regular basis. Ask Asheville. Ask Pisgah. Ask SM. Tuscola etc. That being said I would rather play Franklin at THEIR place any day, any week, than ACR or Asheville at CEW.

I would put heritage up against any team in the mtns . In my opinion Reynolds is the only team un the mtns that could beat them and it would be a war.
Not hardly. That would be like an F15 going up against a Sopwith Camel. Its nice to be humble but nobody in the mountains has anything for ACR. I didn't think they would be that good. I was wrong.

there was a lot of home cookin goin on in that 08 win for tuscola over acr too i was there we had 2 or 3 long touchdown runs called back for holding their qb threw the ball 60 times i bet that game i dont remember any holding calls not one go green

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT