ADVERTISEMENT

TUSCOLA FOOTBALL

Yeah this guy doesn't make any sense.

You think tuscola deserves a "significant win" because of what??? I'm sorry the talent isn't flowing right now, heck my team ain't all that hot either. Several polls have ACR behind Crest...Im calling BS on that right now.

The point is you gotta take the good with the bad, tuscola will be fine. You just have to be patient.

They're all out of patience after taking another beating from Pisgah. Pursley has to win that game every now and then to keep his job, the rest of the season be damned. That is just the reality.

I know that doesn't make sense to some of you but it would if you grew up in Haywood county. You can talk about playoffs all you want but there is no bigger game here and there never will be. And that is not an exaggeration. Coaches need to understand that if they are even thinking of coaching at Pisgah or Tuscola.

Once again another come from from behind victory for the Tommy Pursley Offen.... oh wait. NM

Last night up 16-0 and lost 30-16. I wonder if we decided to just "sit on it" like last year when we were up 17-0 on Pisgah?

I'll ppse the question once more. How many games has TP won at Tuscola that he was the underdog in? What is his "signature" win at Tuscola?

Former coaches signature wins:
Mike Sexton vs TC Roberson 2006
Donnie Kiefer vs AC Reynolds 2008
Brandon Allen vs Pisgah 2012
Tommy Pursley vs ????????
Didnt I see many of you on this very site complaining about THOSE coaches too? In fact I think Sexton was literally ran out of town. Now he is a "signature win coach" I have heard, (again on this site by many of you) that the offense THS runs is "outdated." I saw what I thought was a much improved WCU team get gashed by it just yesterday. GT uses it to great effect, Navy,, and some other teams of TODAY are also effective using versions of that very same offense. Just when did it become "outdated?" I challenge you to look at the talent that is in the THS football program, and you tell me, Just exactly what offense do you think would be a better fit for teams like Tuscola with less athletic talent than many of the teams we play in this new league? I know Pursley won something like 275 games with it and played in several state championships with that offense, against teams whose JV squad would give most teams around here a fit on FRIDAY night.

Reactions: bamatide13
We have a jv team?
YOu sure do. And not a half bad one at that. Which came as a bit of a surprise to me. Ive seen some AHS JV squads that were worse than pitiful. Not the case this year, there is some ASHEVILLE level talent on that team.

Keep the hits coming Jubal. You were not a Kiefer fan (228 career wins) and you don't like Pursley (258 career wins), but since you love B. Allen (40-38 career record), you mention his win over a Pisgah team that had a losing record in 2012 (6-7). Your love affair with Allen and Postell is pretty funny. I am still waiting on you to tell me what offense we should be running with our personnel.
To be fair I think THS has a pretty good coaching staff, but they can only coach the players they GOT.

Been away for a long time, and decided to get back on here. I'm not into bashing anybody, but I feel "when" a change is made for the head job they look at Brooks from Franklin. It's time he steps up and starts coaching against the Buncombe teams year in and year out.
And why would he want to do that? To go broke? At the AHS THS JV game Thursday night, in the third quarter, we counted every single person in the bleachers on the visitors side, (47) and more than HALF of them were THS fans. Cant even pay the refs with that kind of attendance.

Tuscola doesn't have the line play they did last year. Also Pursley should have #1 at qb. Why he doesn't is baffling. He destroyed Pisgah as a jv qb. Tuscola should hold on to Pursley for another 6 years or so.

Why he doesn't is baffling. He destroyed Pisgah as a jv qb. JV is one thing....Varsity is quite another. Had you seen more THS games other than one per year you would know why.

And why would he want to do that? To go broke? At the AHS THS JV game Thursday night, in the third quarter, we counted every single person in the bleachers on the visitors side, (47) and more than HALF of them were THS fans. Cant even pay the refs with that kind of attendance.
I was there, and am very well aware that AHS doesn't travel well. That's the way it is and always will be.........So from what I read from your comment when a coach is hired, they want to know what kind of gate money they will get from opposing teams? I think we have talented asst. coaches, but I would also like to see some of them get experience calling plays on JV's!!!!

No way he even considers leaving franklin for tuscola..just did massive renovations to field house and LOCKER rooms..a meeting room as nice as any southern conf school a huge weightroom..a great COACHING staff..great administration..id have to say he stays in franklin unless big and I MEAN big pay raise..but lol he is 6-2 against Pisgah..

As I've said before Haywood county loves football...i get a good laugh on here on the 1a boards when I give them a hard time they always say franklin always loses in 3rd round and can't beat Shelby..well no one much beats Shelby or South point or reidsville and I feel any 2a or 3a team still playing in 3rd round is a great season..i know fans are frustrated but in not sure there is a clear answer. I MEAN Brooks at franklin has I believe 6 conf titles 3 perfect seasons and is 39-5 last 44 conf games and half our fans still bitch non stop cause we run ball to much. Coaching is impossible when an .800 winning percentage still gets critiqued nightly..

Reactions: beamer24
So from what I read from your comment when a coach is hired, they want to know what kind of gate money they will get from opposing teams? I think we have talented asst. coaches, but I would also like to see some of them get experience calling plays on JV's!!!!

OK decent valid points that deserve discussion. What I am saying is why trade DOWN, or even sideways, just to play (supposedly) better teams? He has a good situation where he is at Franklin, for a lot of reasons. A good program, good kids, good support, decent, although not prolific talent, with a fan base that is loyal to FRANKLIN HS and their community. They have high expectations at Franklin for their TEAMS success, more so than individual achievement. Do you think he would find this at Tuscola or anywhere else in WNC? Hells Fire many of you are already talking about one of the winningest coaches in NC like he is somehow deficient. Tell me why he would benefit by moving to a situation Like Tuscola, where the average fan could care less about the school, or truth to tell, the community itself, even though they faithfully, if not rabidly support Jimmy Johnny and Suzie that happens to PLAY for Tuscola.? But even this "support" is conditional. It is offered ONLY while they are at THS, for a couple years, and expires upon graduation, or sooner if the student leaves quits or otherwise is no longer playing. After which they vanish forever. How many times have I seen that? How about you? Think THIS is a better situation? As far as one head coach calling all the shots on Thursday and Friday, I really dont have an answer for that but it seems like hat is how it has been done at Tuscola since I have been involved with the football programs through three different head coaches. tons of ADS and two principals. I sat right next to DKJ on thursdays in the press box calling the shots, In the Brandon Allen era he was down on the field coaching mostly, and same with coach Pursley. I figure it is just how it is at THS. I will say this, if any one of the asst coaches at THS decides to go for a HC job, they will be better prepared by having worked with coach Pursley than if they hadn't. From my perspective, the best way to determine a good coach is to work with a bad one. Ive worked for some BAD ones, over the decades in many different capacities, and some good ones. In terms of professionalism, TP and Carroll Wright are on top of the list, win or lose. This is just an opinion.

Reactions: L Boog
No way he even considers leaving franklin for tuscola..just did massive renovations to field house and LOCKER rooms..a meeting room as nice as any southern conf school a huge weightroom..a great COACHING staff..great administration..id have to say he stays in franklin unless big and I MEAN big pay raise..but lol he is 6-2 against Pisgah..
I like Franklin Love going there and the folks, and am kind of sad we dont play anymore much because of this new league we are in now. It is good to hear about the extensive refurbishing done at the Pit, but what really NEEDS refurbishing is that press box. At the level Franklin plays at consistently it needs to be bigger to accommodate more media. JMO and no offense is intended.

Pursley has coached his teams into the playoffs 23 consecutive seasons in the years he coached (likely 24 after this year).

Not to mention that all that "depth and talent" at NE Guilford hasn't produced a winning season since Pursley left in 2012 and managed only nine wins in 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016 combined. Also, NEG had 1 winning season in the 5 years prior to Pursley arriving then went 20 years without another losing season until he left (again, they've had 4 losing seasons in the 4 years since he left).

I don't know what your ax to grind is with Pursley, but your examples of why he's not a good coach just don't make any sense.
This is interesting and something I never thought of, but you make valid points as well.

Hells Fire many of you are already talking about one of the winningest coaches in NC like he is somehow deficient.

First of all, don't lump me in with the "many of you" I've been back since Saturday and have said nothing of the coach!!! All I said was "when".....You sound like you have a lot of built up anger for a beat writer. Is there a difference in attendance now than there was 25 years ago, YES. But it goes without saying that when Dayco closed its doors in the late 90's Waynesville lost a lot!!!! Many families moved on and were now considered a tourist town which sucks......People move in and have no idea what Tuscola was in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. But to hear you talk after this tenure is up, Tuscola doesn't deserve to get a great coach. As long as I have a breath in my body I will ALWAYS support Tuscola, will I disagree with coaches.....of course. I can tell you this, the group I go to games with DON'T forget those that go on after their high school days are done........

Hells Fire many of you are already talking about one of the winningest coaches in NC like he is somehow deficient.

First of all, don't lump me in with the "many of you" I've been back since Saturday and have said nothing of the coach!!! All I said was "when".....You sound like you have a lot of built up anger for a beat writer. Is there a difference in attendance now than there was 25 years ago, YES. But it goes without saying that when Dayco closed its doors in the late 90's Waynesville lost a lot!!!! Many families moved on and were now considered a tourist town which sucks......People move in and have no idea what Tuscola was in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. But to hear you talk after this tenure is up, Tuscola doesn't deserve to get a great coach. As long as I have a breath in my body I will ALWAYS support Tuscola, will I disagree with coaches.....of course. I can tell you this, the group I go to games with DON'T forget those that go on after their high school days are done........
"First of all I do not remember singling you out specifically, Or at least I dont think so. What I said has nothing to do with "pent up anger" and has nothing to do with being a "beat writer." the situation at Tuscola is what it is, and I just mentioned based on first hand observations over many years, many sports, many activities. Anyone can see this who would look. This is neither bad, nor good, and more typical of communities in most places these days than not. You know it is true, and even gave some reasons for this being the case. This is NOT the Tuscola or Waynesville of the 70s 80s or even 90s. Speaking of that era, THS was never what could be called a powerhouse on the football field even during those heady days. I remember most of those teams in those decades and am by no means sure few if any of those teams were any better than last year, Now, as for Tuscola DESERVING a good coach....YES THS DOES DESERVE A GOOD COACH. They got one. One of the best. His record over 30 plus years proves that. In any way you want to compare, I dont know of more successful or better coach THS has ever had. When his tenure ends, I am sure THS will find another quality coach to take his place, either inside or outside the system. Finally, Tuscola fans should support the way things ARE, not the way they WERE. or the way they would LIKE them to be. The old Waynesville Tuscola community is forever changed, and it isnt coming back. That's not anger, that is simply fact."

Last edited:
Reactions: bamatide13
Tuscola lost @ 20 seniors last year, including: 1) The school's all-time career leading rusher who was also a helluva safety and punter, 2) An all WNC DE who was also a tremendous TE, 3) An all WNC o-lineman who wasn't too shabby on defense either, 4) the other two starting RB's, 5) both starting WR's.

Two of the three starting RB's are undersized but have decent speed but there is not one player on this roster that has the 40 times of any of last year's three running backs or one of the WR's. Three of those four starters set the school 4x100 record last spring that had stood for 31 years.

We do not currently have the WR or QB personnel to run the current flavor of the month offense. For those longing for the "good old smash-mouth days" under Coach Brooks, do you understand that this is basically the same offense (Wishbone), just with the backs inverted and spread into the slot?

For those clamoring for a QB change, the one everyone wants tends to sit out plays recovering from nicks and bruises and sometimes takes plays off or holds back when he's out there. He's probably the best athlete on campus but has a long way to go in the heart department. His throwing motion may be the worst I've ever seen on a HS QB.

Defensively, Tuscola has historically not had a good pass defense. A WTHS grad of the early 60's once told me Waynesville/Tuscola has never had a pass D, even when he played. I do get frustrated watching the soft cushion we give on the corners.

Brookshire got passed over. Brow got passed over. Hell, Ollis got passed over. This isn't college where you get to bring in your own staff. Go see some of those schools that are having to bring in volunteers/dads to round out a staff.

The 2016 team finished with a 11 wins and a shared conference championship. This tied for second all-time in season victories ('09 and '95: 12 wins) ('72: 11 wins and a state co-championship). Times have changed since the 1970's. This team wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs in that era.

All of the "just another game" hoopla is just that. Was it the best idea to go public with that statement? In retrospect, no. Pisgah essentially uses it to make themselves feel better. You can go back to 1980 and see where then Bear's HC John Barker basically said the same thing. Big Joe Caldwell once made the statement we'd just as soon beat Erwin. Coach Caldwell loved playing around with the media.

Pisgah is an important game to the county but as a conference game, it was just as important as Brevard, which Pisgah found out later in the season, or Franklin, or North Henderson, which tripped us up in 2015. Now, as non-conference game, other than bragging rights, it has no bearing on standings. That doesn't mean I don't want to win it and don't feel like crap when we lose it.

Last edited:
Tuscola lost @ 20 seniors last year, including: 1) The school's all-time career leading rusher who was also a helluva safety and punter, 2) An all WNC DE who was also a tremendous TE, 3) An all WNC o-lineman who wasn't too shabby on defense either, 4) the other two starting RB's, 5) both starting WR's.

Two of the three starting RB's are undersized but have decent speed but there is not one player on this roster that has the 40 times of any of last year's three running backs or one of the WR's. Three of those four starters set the school 4x100 record last spring that had stood for 31 years.

We do not currently have the WR or QB personnel to run the current flavor of the month offense. For those longing for the "good old smash-mouth days" under Coach Brooks, do you understand that this is basically the same offense (Wishbone), just with the backs inverted and spread into the slot?

For those clamoring for a QB change, the one everyone wants tends to sit out plays recovering from nicks and bruises and sometimes takes plays off or holds back when he's out there. He's probably the best athlete on campus but has a long way to go in the heart department. His throwing motion may be the worst I've ever seen on a HS QB.

Defensively, Tuscola has historically not had a good pass defense. A WTHS grad of the early 60's once told me Waynesville/Tuscola has never had a pass D, even when he played. I do get frustrated watching the soft cushion we give on the corners.

Brookshire got passed over. Brow got passed over. Hell, Ollis got passed over. This isn't college where you get to bring in your own staff. Go see some of those schools that are having to bring in volunteers/dads to round out a staff.

The 2016 team finished with a 11 wins and a shared conference championship. This tied for second all-time in season victories ('09 and '95: 12 wins) ('72: 11 wins and a state co-championship). Times have changed since the 1970's. This team wouldn't have qualified for the playoffs in that era.

All of the "just another game" hoopla is just that. Was it the best idea to go public with that statement? In retrospect, no. Pisgah essentially uses it to make themselves feel better. You can go back to 1980 and see where then Bear's HC John Barker basically said the same thing. Big Joe Caldwell once made the statement we'd just as soon beat Erwin. Coach Caldwell loved playing around with the media.

Pisgah is an important game to the county but as a conference game, it was just as important as Brevard, which Pisgah found out later in the season, or Franklin, or North Henderson, which tripped us up in 2015. Now, as non-conference game, other than bragging rights, it has no bearing on standings. That doesn't mean I don't want to win it and don't feel like crap when we lose it.
"This post demonstrates (IMO) exceptional knowledge of the THS program, and a good historical recollection. Those that would check this would find it accurate I believe. Involving specific players Bluevols said some things that obviously I can not, since I try very hard not to share negative observations or make statements involving specific individual kids/players., or those that might be identified even without mentioning specific numbers. One thing he mentioned about the cushion THS cornerbacks allow I also questioned last year, and was explained in emphatic and uncertain terms that this coverage is by design and the justification was explained to me in these terms: Would we rather let them catch it in front of us and gain 5 yards or let them run by us catch it and gain 70 yards+ behind us? Made pretty good sense to me. A good demonstration of this technique was shown in that playoff home game last year where they continually tried to just to out run our corners and have the QB throw it as far as he could. That cushion enabled our corners, (one specifically) to shut hat tactic down." I dont think they completed a thing way downfield. So I guess they are right. Against AC it wouldnt have mattered even if THS had 12 men vs 11, as their 11 would still have been better athletes than any 12 THS could have put on the field.

Franklin has one huge advantage, isolation. The closer you get to a bigger city the more the interest in football goes to other things. It is the same case with most of the SMC schools. The whole town literally comes out to support their team on Friday nights.

It starts with commitment from the coaches..kids have a hard time with coaches saying "lay it on the line be committed "..when the players don't feel the coaches are 100 % invested..i have no doubt coach pursley can coach..i guess I speak on franklin because that's the program I know most about..they work tirelessly from spring thru end of season and weightroom year round..they have unbelievable attendance at off season work outs..the head football coach attends every varsity basketball game and every home baseball game..the AD who coaches football and track will see every sports team from golf to tennis to swimming play every year..they have no coaches preaching specialization. But don't worry there head coach here's the same thing about "throw the ball more"..yes the commitment is real here and football is important and I disagree it's because of isolation..tuscola has SOLID football tradition ..i just sometimes feel it's not lack of passion that hurts there fans it's un realistic expectations.. they would benefit greatly from being 2a but as long as they play asheville Erwin Reynolds every year plus Pisgah in non conference..any season w 8 wins will be a great year....sorry been a little,rambling..ive been watching football in WNC 40 yrs and no two fan bases have been more loyal or more hard to please than the two in Haywood county..just my opinion

Franklin has one huge advantage, isolation. The closer you get to a bigger city the more the interest in football goes to other things. It is the same case with most of the SMC schools. The whole town literally comes out to support their team on Friday nights.
And it doesn't hurt that they're the only football team in the county. There's no divided fan base, no segment pointing to the other school going "they got one, why can't we have one" which has gone on here since 1966.

Reactions: BD Warrior
No doubt having two diehard fan bases only miles apart is an issue everyone doesn't have to deal with..

I have a simple question for any tuscola fan in favor of a coaching change

IF YOU WERE THE AD AT TUSCOLA AND HAD FULL AUTHORITY TO HIRE..LIST YOUR TOP 3 CHOICES AND WHY WOULD THEY BE BETTER THAN THE CURRENT COACH..

just looking for honest opinion and discussion

Thats a good question W.I.R. As I said earlier, I worked with many head football coaches, bad (IMO) and good....The ones I remember as best never forgot that there is more to the head coaching job than just the nuts and bolts of actual coaching. The really good ones know that relationships with the community, parents, volunteers that help their program, but are not on the payroll, and yes, even the various media members also have important jobs to do and are deserving of respect at the very least. As for ANY coach that comes to mind that would be a step up from the current coach at THS....None whatsoever come to mind that can meet all the above criteria, at least as I see it.

Coaching is a small part of being successful...so many kids come from split homes w little or no guidance and no male role models...we are in a drug epidemic like few before..a kid better know his coach cares about him as a person first and a player 2nd..coaches wear many hats today but the truly good ones cultivate relationships that go far beyond blocking and tackling...you can typically watch a team play and a team that plays w maximum effort regardless of score is usually a team who's coach has a great relationship w his players ..i think that relationship is hard to develop living in the county 6 months a year..a football coach needs to be at basketball games baseball games track meets wrestling matches..again let kids know they matter...

"a football coach needs to be at basketball games baseball games track meets wrestling matches..again let kids know they matter."
As long as they have NO position of authority outside of their own sport that would be a good thing I will agree. I am of the opinion that NO head football coach should ever hold the title of AD at the same time. Conflicts are inevitable with this recipe at most schools. During the season there just isnt enough time in the day to handle both jobs for most coaches. They already work 7 days a week during this time as it is.

Maybe you should come see how the head football coach and AD(WHO also is o line coach and head track coach) work hand in hand with other coaches..and like I said the AD sees every fall sports team play in person...

Mule you KNOW the current HC is not there in the off season. You KNOW he doesn’t come to basketball games. You KNOW he doesn’t come to volleyball games. You KNOW he’s not even within 3 hrs of Haywood County during Track and Baseball season. Do NOT sit behind your Liberal desk and try and act like he does anything other than run practice and call plays at games. Putting up a few charts and spreadsheets in the field house doesn’t mean your an invested coach. He’s simply got it on auto pilot collecting a check. Maybe add a few more wins to a HOF career. Someone else runs the weight room. Someone else handles parents. Someone else is invested in the community. And it ain’t the Tom Cat on the 18th green. And Mule knows it.
It is obvious your issues with the THS program has nothing to do with wins and losses, or facts and figures. From this liberal desk we use facts and figures to determine success and failure. I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on, other than that one Pisgah game per year. Could THAT be it? So let me just say again that Tuscola has never been the first team that would come to mind when the word POWERHOUSE is used in terms of football. (or any other sport really,) THS has had some good teams, and some not so good teams. Teams that have beaten Pisgah and have lost to Pisgah. There have been streaks in that series both ways. As far as the W/L record, during the last four years THS has performed as well or better than the last several coaches that have held that position, and is comparable to any 4 year stretch since 1966. Maybe you could clarify your expectation of just what kind of success Tuscola should be capable of. I am suspecting you would be happy with 1-11 the last 4 years, or every year, if that one win was against Pisgah. Am I right?

Maybe you should come see how the head football coach and AD(WHO also is o line coach and head track coach) work hand in hand with other coaches..and like I said the AD sees every fall sports team play in person...
A remarkable coach indeed.

If all I hear about the current coach being around as little as they say...its a,recipe for turmoil which I would say is exactly what tuscola football has right now..

Mule......

FACTS:
0-4 vs Pisgah
1-3 in playoffs
0 relationship with players
0 investment in the community
0 rapport with staff at the high school
0 wins when playing as the underdog

No Spin Zone here Mule. When he’s replaced maybe you could write and article in the paper called “What Happend”

And you know all this how? Do you have a kid playing? How many football coaches HAVE a rapport with staff at their high school? I've been involved in athletics since about 1978 and very few are totally plugged in to the every day goings on at their school. They are THE football coach and that is all they want or need to be.

All the complaining about "they don't hit anymore"- NOBODY hits anymore. Have you watched the news in the past three plus year? From the NFL on down, hitting in practice is almost non-existant.

Have you tried having a rapport up there? Granted, its a lot better than the previous administration but you have an AD there that is wearing about 3 different hats right now and athletics doesn't always sit on the front burner. Were you aware he gives an academic award each semester to the top GPA player in each class, grades 9-12? He has brought a professional educator demeanor to a program that sorely needed it.

As to relationship with players, how much do you want because I saw plenty. He ain't moving in with them, he's their coach. You want an old school, "smash mouth", coach which is exactly what you have at the moment. The vast majority of the 50 year old + coaches are not exactly touchy-feely

As for playoffs, the prior coach had exactly 0 wins. Keifer was 4-4, most of that on the backs of the 2009 team. Tuscola overall has a losing record in the playoffs as I recall. Pursley recorded the first playoff win since that '09 team. He lost to Concord, who had a D1 RB, in his first season, lost to a more athletic Statesville team in 2015, and lost in the second round to the eventual 3A state champions last year. The days of us going down off the mountain and picking up 2-3 wins in the playoffs are long past. We also are probably never going to host a home playoff game after the first round again since the state is now seeding the playoffs instead of assigning home games to conferences as they did 20-30 years ago.

Beyond beating Pisgah, there isn't much more that can be reasonably be accomplished at Tuscola anymore. Two of the last four losses were in OT. Some will say he was too conservative in those games and that is fair criticism. If you want to go back to the 80's, I suggest you tune in to MTV Classic.

Some of you need to listen to the Bret Chappell show from last Saturday.He talks about washing the uniforms from Friday game and how he finished at 2::30 AM.Coaches do a lot more than just coach on Friday night.For what they get paid and all the time they put in probably would be about 25 cents an hour.Not even counting the time away from family.Not very few would work for that.You have to do it for the kids.

Facts are facts Jack.

You wouldn't know any facts if they hit you in the head. Why don't you take your personal vendetta somewhere else.

Maybe you can volunteer your time to go and put a lock on the youth league equipment trailer like it should have had the first time.

Some of you need to listen to the Bret Chappell show from last Saturday.He talks about washing the uniforms from Friday game and how he finished at 2::30 AM.Coaches do a lot more than just coach on Friday night.For what they get paid and all the time they put in probably would be about 25 cents an hour.Not even counting the time away from family.Not very few would work for that.You have to do it for the kids.

I agree. I think 25 cents an hour is being generous, probably closer to a dime.

You wouldn't know any facts if they hit you in the head. Why don't you take your personal vendetta somewhere else.

Maybe you can volunteer your time to go and put a lock on the youth league equipment trailer like it should have had the first time.
Well... Seems like you want to tell us something....For your information it ,and everything they owned DID have locks on it jackass. As we all know locks keep an innocent man out.

You must be referring to when the Waynesville Mountaineers Youth football program had their equipment stolen and the Tuscola HC didn’t seem to care. So the assistants took up money on their own and helped out. Not to mention the Pisgah HC helping out. Listen I got no personal vendetta against the current HC. I just want the best fit for Tuscola football. And he’s not it.
Jubal.. You have been pretty spot on with your observations. It hurts some feelings but the truth usually does.

You want truth? Your talentless!!!! I don't care who the head coach is! Your not a state power and probably never will be! Stop whining and get over the obsession with only beating Pisgah because it's not normal and warrants psychological help. Damn people.

If all I hear about the current coach being around as little as they say...its a,recipe for turmoil which I would say is exactly what tuscola football has right now..
"A couple disgruntled message board posters hardly qualifies as "turmoil." Whatever turmoil there is right now is the result of the graduation of 18 seniors from a very good team last year, (11 wins in 13 games) and a slew of injuries in key areas this year, along with moving to a conference. Some also think a loss to Pisgah is the mark of failure, no matter how many games a team wins or how far they go in the playoffs qualifies as "turmoil."

You want truth? Your talentless!!!! I don't care who the head coach is! Your not a state power and probably never will be! Stop whining and get over the obsession with only beating Pisgah because it's not normal and warrants psychological help. Damn people.
You need to stick to the crest nuthugging threads.. That's the truth hoss. What jubal has said IS what is being said in the community. As far as the rivalry game goes...up here it does mean something ,it always has.Sorry if you don't get it and don't really care if you do... On that note ,have a wonderful Friday!!:)

Hey everybody, just saw Mules article for the Tuscola game tomorrow night. He wrote 5 consecutive paragraphs about Tuscola’s previous head coach and named him in the headline. Sounds like a personal vendetta to me. Remember. Facts are facts.

http://www.themountaineer.com/sport...cle_441bdf14-af96-11e7-8df1-cbd6b97fae29.html

I just read that. He should be commended on that article for being factual. He showed great restraint not telling the whole story about how he put your athletic program in shambles financially before he left and the juvenile decisions he made while there. He was the worst Coach in the history of your program and most of it was not on the field issues. I see nothing wrong with what was said in this article. You know....facts are facts. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT