ADVERTISEMENT

Total embarrassment !!!!!

bigoakbuddy

Aug 30, 2018
Not trying to disrespect NH county but it’s going to come off that way. Northampton county had no business in the State Championship. On their best day they couldn’t have beat but very few teams in the SMC. They could have finished 6th in the SMC, beating only Rosman and if they played good Cherokee. Andrews, Hayesville would have beat the brakes off the Jags. It’s sad to say but I’d rather see us played Tarboro or East Surry and the possibility of losing then sat thru that crap again. North couldn’t even line up and do the basics like long snap or punt and had no passing game at all. Congratulations to Robbinsville on #14. Come on we’ve got to do something different Robbinsville just beat a mediocre JV team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swain97 and btango
You would have rather lost in the title game than beat this team? Robbinsville beat some good teams along the way and was very deserving of this championship whoever came out of the east...rville beat a few teams worse than yesterday before this...perhaps this team was very good. If memory serves me right this isn't the first championship beatdown in state history by robbinsville, Murphy, tarboro, etc, etc. Smh

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Neutral observer who watched the game on TV but as I said yesterday, they were the most undisciplined football team I’ve ever seen in the big game. They were used to beating teams using talent rather than discipline. That was just an awful display of football on their part.

I felt sorry for the kids. They were in no way prepared for this game. Change of possession they never had 11 on the field, weren’t able to long snap , couldn’t line up in a punt formation, Just basics you learn in the early summer, no fundamentals at all. I guess I was disappointed in the level competition that the East sent. Just wanted to vent a little

Ever since Plymouth lost their luster, the 1A East has clearly dropped off the map. Kids that goes to these small school down here in the east just have other things on their minds besides football. Its not a way of life like it is in the mountains. Most of these small schools in the east doesn't even play football because of such small numbers. Because of this, the competition is whittled down, and you get teams like Northampton and North Edgecombe playing in title games.

You would have rather lost in the title game than beat this team? Robbinsville beat some good teams along the way and was very deserving of this championship whoever came out of the east...rville beat a few teams worse than yesterday before this...perhaps this team was very good. If memory serves me right this isn't the first championship beatdown in state history by robbinsville, Murphy, tarboro, etc, etc. Smh

eastern football minus tarboro and Wallace rose is a joke. Tarboro never got pushed all year and when they got to the championship they panicked. 1a and for the most part aa down East is a joke 2a isn’t much better. The Shelby vs Salisbury game was the worst. It was honestly worse than Robbinsville vs north game. The 5 classifications might help, honestly we need to go back to if you made the playoffs it meant something. We got teams in the playoffs that are horrible. I’m not sure they shouldn’t look at 4 divisions and seed the top 16 in the state per division and go play. In 1 a the western regional is the state championship.

Reactions: Swain97
I should have said “ with the possibility of losing” hell no I wouldn’t have wanted us loose that’s crazy. I’m the biggest fan Robbinsville has. I always pull for Robbinsville in any sport. I guess my ability to put my thoughts into words is lacking. I apologize to my knights if it came off that way.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I fixed it, should have proof read it prior to sending. Again, sorry to my knights I would never ever under any circumstances want anything other than a win for Robbinsville.

I'm with you buddy, it would take them 4 tries to kickoff without being offsides. I don't blame the kids and it's not a talent issue, just no coaching whatsoever.

Glad to have number 14 and it will be between us and dogs I think for a chance at 15. 14 titles in 50 years is something we are all proud off. A lot of sons, dad's, and Grandpa's were apart of those runs.

Reactions: Swain97 and Mhsneer
NH won 4 playoff games to get there , i think alot of teams in the west were better than anyone in the East, and Wow what a show East Surry put on.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I personally think any team Robbinsville played in the playoffs could have beat Northampton, as well as the majority of the ones we played during the regular season. I say that taking nothing away from them. We earned the right to be there Saturday, and so did Northampton. They went thru the ranks, and won and so did we. The best team in the west beat the best team in the east and it was great to be a part of number 14!

From watching the game it looked like Northampton had some talent,but did not have a clue how to use it.also they were very undisciplined what was the reason for the punch thrown by a Northampton player . Was they even a flag throw for it..

Reactions: Swain97
Watched on TV and admittedly I don’t watch much 1A football as there’s not much of it in Triad, but concur that NH appeared to be a bad football team from what I have seen, and very undisciplined. I’d hate to have seen some of the teams they faced in the playoffs if they were the best 1A the East had to offer. Pathetic.

I'll chalk it up to a very bad year for the east. Within the last 10 years they have fielded some good competition. I'd say most of this was mainly due to the 1a/aa split. Some of the AA teams could have been a better game.

Honestly. 1A sucks in the East. It’s only a few team & a few being Edenton & Tarboro. That’s really it.

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT