ADVERTISEMENT

Top four!

Who will be top four in west playoff time?

• MA

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • ROBBINSVILLE

Votes: 64 83.1%
  • DRAUGHN

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • ANDREWS

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • EASTERN RANDOLPH

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • THOMASVILLE

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • MURPHY

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • MOUNTAIN HERITAGE

Votes: 13 16.9%

• Total voters
There really aren't any.
After the debacle of last year. With the kids running their mouths to opposing coaches wives and daughters and the antics of the one kid. I'm sure they're probably shutting their mouth. I wouldn't open it all if I was them. The quarterback is as good as done whenever they play Mount Airy as long as dandy is playing. They can't block him and he doesn't want to get hit by him. I'm sure their coaches are definitely trying to chill them out a little bit and keep an eye on them. Although I think the one point receiver is gone. He seemed to be the catalyst for most of the idiocy. I thought Mount Airy acted like jackasses when they lost the Mitchell game. Those boys took it to a whole new level the whole year. Except when they got mashed.

I'm far from a Draughn fan but they did win on the road @ Thomasville last season in the playoffs...
They did win and no sour grapes here. But they won because a Thomasville receiver dropped the ball going into the end zone. Unforced error at the two yard line. I’m biased, but I thought Thomasville had the better team.
Good quarterback, but I thought the rest of the team was fundamentally pretty unsound. Lots of false starts and holding. Refs will only call so many.
Regardless, neither team was winning the west.

They did win and no sour grapes here. But they won because a Thomasville receiver dropped the ball going into the end zone. Unforced error at the two yard line. I’m biased, but I thought Thomasville had the better team.
Good quarterback, but I thought the rest of the team was fundamentally pretty unsound. Lots of false starts and holding. Refs will only call so many.
Regardless, neither team was winning the west.
That's football for you. The best team doesn't always win. My point remains- Outside of East Surry and Mt Airy, the SMC and WHC are the only 2 conferences in 1A or 1AA to make the state title game in the past 7 years. No Thomasville, no Eastern Randolph, no Walkertown, no flatlanders.

That's football for you. The best team doesn't always win. My point remains- Outside of East Surry and Mt Airy, the SMC and WHC are the only 2 conferences in 1A or 1AA to make the state title game in the past 7 years. No Thomasville, no Eastern Randolph, no Walkertown, no flatlanders.
Well Thomasville has only been 1A for the past two years so they get somewhat of a pass right? 😂😂

After the debacle of last year. With the kids running their mouths to opposing coaches wives and daughters and the antics of the one kid. I'm sure they're probably shutting their mouth. I wouldn't open it all if I was them. The quarterback is as good as done whenever they play Mount Airy as long as dandy is playing. They can't block him and he doesn't want to get hit by him. I'm sure their coaches are definitely trying to chill them out a little bit and keep an eye on them. Although I think the one point receiver is gone. He seemed to be the catalyst for most of the idiocy. I thought Mount Airy acted like jackasses when they lost the Mitchell game. Those boys took it to a whole new level the whole year. Except when they got mashed.
Jesus your still talking about QB. Mount airy is the top dog we all know it. Hell to be mentioned as a top team is good enough for me right now because no games have been played. I will say the “QB” you speak of all the time has added size and is 6’7 200lbs compared to 175 last fall. Best of luck to all the teams this year I like the silence.

Has it been Mount Airy & East Surry 5 or 6 years of those 7 years with Mitchell being one of the 7. Somewhere close to that, I think.

Reactions: Purple1995
Jesus your still talking about QB. Mount airy is the top dog we all know it. Hell to be mentioned as a top team is good enough for me right now because no games have been played. I will say the “QB” you speak of all the time has added size and is 6’7 200lbs compared to 175 last fall. Best of luck to all the teams this year I like the silence.
He went up 15 lb last year. I think he's a great quarterback. But that's sophomore game got him. They're biggest problem is they receivers couldn't get away from the coverage. Those same four guys are back this year. Not to mention the kid that played in the state championships on the other end from dandy. I just didn't like all the things I heard they said and did. I'm sure Mitchell can come in on that. But for an East guy or an out east guy why would you care? Probably just like why would an East Surry guy care. Right? I guess I made my own point. I got a little skin in the game the next 2 years with the relativel playing for the bears. But you're right. He has gotten much better. And it really isn't about them. Hopefully that doesn't go on this year and they learn their lessons.

Reactions: sbbbfan
He went up 15 lb last year. I think he's a great quarterback. But that's sophomore game got him. They're biggest problem is they receivers couldn't get away from the coverage. Those same four guys are back this year. Not to mention the kid that played in the state championships on the other end from dandy. I just didn't like all the things I heard they said and did. I'm sure Mitchell can come in on that. But for an East guy or an out east guy why would you care? Probably just like why would an East Surry guy care. Right? I guess I made my own point. I got a little skin in the game the next 2 years with the relativel playing for the bears. But you're right. He has gotten much better. And it really isn't about them. Hopefully that doesn't go on this year and they learn their lessons.
They got a new receiver in over summer on transfer.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
ER only been 1A two years as well…
No flatlanders???
Tarboro hasn’t been in any of those games???

Burke county has mountains in the far west near Avery county, but where Draughns at and most places east of it id consider flatland, it's weird because in wilkes and Alleghany theres mountain but if you dropped straight to the south aways theres none

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
What happened last time Draughn came down to flat land?
Barely beat us with a back-up 5'6 QB who was originally a slot back or receiver. Then got smacked the very next week to MA. Congratulations?...

I mean, not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this. Draughn won but they didn't dominate the game and beat us by 30 points or something. It was a good playoff game against two teams who were going to lose the next round.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I just realized that Mitchell was not in this group and should be added. They beat Mount Airy in 2021 & lost to Tarboro in 2021 and went 8-4 last year ! ! ! I do believe Mitchell would have way more than Andrew's 2 votes

Mitchell
3c6f7b24-cde3-483b-84bf-5165c36d0c17.gif
Mountaineers

Last edited:
Barely beat us with a back-up 5'6 QB who was originally a slot back or receiver. Then got smacked the very next week to MA. Congratulations?...

I mean, not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this. Draughn won but they didn't dominate the game and beat us by 30 points or something. It was a good playoff game against two teams who were going to lose the next round.
RR might've been referring to the year before.

I had forgotten they played yall I know a few years back they rushed for 500 yards week one of playoffs and then went to Ramseur and didn't fare so well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT