South Davidson vs Albemarle -
North Stanly vs East Montgomery
South Stanly vs West Montromgery
East Wilkes vs Elkin -
Highland Tech vs Pine Lake Prep
Atkins vs Winston Salem Prep -
Hayesville vs Rosman
Chatham Central vs Gray Stone Day

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP GAMES YOU WILL BE WATCHING FRIDAY NIGHT?

On the men's side, two games really stick out for me.

First, I think the Voyager-Ravenscroft matchup is interesting, even though it's non-conference. Voyager has a highly rated big man and a great record, but when you look at their schedule, there aren't that many teams with a pulse on there. Not their fault, it's just the conference that they're in. But this is a good chance for them to prove themselves against a very good team.

Second, Alleghany and West Wilkes should be a good game, considering West Wilkes is 2A and almost pulled the upset over a good Starmount team recently.

Glad you mentioned the Voyager and Ravenscroft game, because that will be a game I am attending tonight.

The guys you are mentioning is Jay Huff, who is like 6-9 or so but plays like Ryan Kelly did. He can shoot the outside ball, but does struggle at times down low due to his weight.

He is a good player and under the radar in North Carolina.

A Senior that I'm looking at is Chris Sauce, who has been proven to be a scorer. Hear Belmont Abbey will be in to check him out tonight.

On the girls side it's Albemarle(7-4) and South Davidson (11-3). Albemarle has been hit with injuries all year and just now at 100% healthy. They were up in the 3rd quarter on Monroe before Robinson went down with an injury and the last 4 or 5 games have gotten healthy and they have Davis-Hill back now which gives them everybody healthy really for the first time all year. They have won 5 straight (including the forfeit) so it will be interesting to see how they look against a good South Davidson team. The first week of February they play undefeated West Mont twice and a Carolina Christian team that went 29-1 last year and won the Naca d3 national title. That will be the week to see how dangerous they will be come playoff time.

I think tonight is a chance for Cherryville to right their ship, and add a W in the win column. I realize that Bessemer City beat them once already, but I would fully expect them to get this season turned around. If they are what I have been led to believe, it is not even impossible for them to fight their way back to number 1 or 2 in the conference by the time the season is over. It could be that I have been mislead about their talent. I know that they lost their best 2 players last year, but their most devoted poster still seemed to believe that they had a good team. Its time to turn the ship if they are going to.

Albemarle girls and guys got the win tonight. Albemarle girls won 60-55 and the boys won 74-42 I believe. Very physical hard fought on both games. Albemarle girls play undefeated west Montgomery on 2/3 which should be a great matchup. On 1/21 it's rivalry night with Albemarle and North Stanly playing at Pfeiffer University. Varsity Girls will tip at 6pm.

This post was edited on 1/17 12:06 AM by bulldog nation2014

Alleghany won 59 to 49. Austin Sprinkle scored 24 points, and Fabian Santos scored 19 with 22 rebounds 6 assists and 6 blocks. Trojans got off to a very rough start 3 early turnovers and 2 missed shots. Down 9-0 before you could blink your eyes. Took the lead by halftime and never trailed again. Trojan size was just to much for the blackhawks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT