ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Ruff - Offers

Some nut said earlier Bess was more of an athlete not a quarterback. That’s the most assanign comment. I need one of the enlightened 2A dominant Lions to please help me with this please. Or any of you so called experts..

Preach 04 ! So it’s not just a Gene pool. Do you all have test tube incubators with gene technology where occasionally you mix up say a Borders with a Harbison or possibly an Appling with a Spangler. Or maybe a Spake with a Grayson. Or maybe just maybe throw a Surratt in with a London. Throw in a Littljohn with say a Spikes..is that how it works....

I think Ruff could definitely play somewhere in the ACC. Fastest player I have seen in high school around here was Muse and he ran a laser timed 4.32 if I’m not mistaken. I’d be curious to see what Ruff would do on a laser.
I seriously doubt if any high school athlete is capable of running a laser timed 4.32. That is world class track speed let alone football speed.

No one in the County is running 4.3.:rolleyes: As for Shelby, I will take Daley and Huskey against anyone in the County, speed wise. Daley is thought of as a physical receiver, but he can really scoot. He and Huskey both run the 100 for Shelby’s track team.

On another note, Ruff is my favorite player to watch in the County, and it’s unfortunate that Borders has been injured most of the season. He’s a great athlete, he was poised to breakout, too, this season. Crest never really reached its fullest potential due to the injuries.
I agree with you that no high school athlete in the county and almost none in the country are running legit 4.3.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I seriously doubt if any high school athlete is capable of running a laser timed 4.32. That is world class track speed let alone football speed.

I could be mistaken but I know it was in the 4 threes and the offers started pouring in.

Preach 04 ! So it’s not just a Gene pool. Do you all have test tube incubators with gene technology where occasionally you mix up say a Borders with a Harbison or possibly an Appling with a Spangler. Or maybe a Spake with a Grayson. Or maybe just maybe throw a Surratt in with a London. Throw in a Littljohn with say a Spikes..is that how it works....
This may just be the best / funniest thing I have ever read!!!! Lmao

Reactions: Bulldog_012
04 said you all didn’t need one you had athletes. Oh that’s right you don’t need athletes you need a quarterback.

Mopar that’s what the man said “ We breed atheletes..Ain’t no fat slow people in Shelby ! Bred up atheletes...Ain’t no wonder you all the TruDynasty.. Who’s your Genetic Engineer ?

[QUOTE="Chargerforever, post: 608623, member: 16295"r maybe a Spake with a Grayson..[/QUOTE]

Gotta watch those Grayson's !!!!!!! That one in the north end, aint too bright for sure...!

LOL

What was Travis Padgett’s 40 yd time.. How about the Williams kid years ago... I heard the Greene kid at Crest that’s hurt was a 4.4..not from football coach

The North end Grayson smart enough not to pay city taxes. Do the math. Us poor county folks just pay 1 local property tax .That gene pool must be for brains. What do you think Shelbyfan.

I bet he won’t be 6’4” 210 athlete like Bess .Maybe you can get a real quarterback .. Or maybe you got a real quarterback. Lion Mafia you all are getting me confused.

Muse did not break 4.4 hand timed at AC Reynolds Shrine Bowl combine on a perfect day. Conditions perfect. Although grass field was perfect and cut low. No way he is running sub 4.4 on a laser. Ran it twice and was pissed. Think he ran it a third time. There were at least two watches on him each time.

Muse was an intelligent player that could do every deal perfectly with an excellent performance. He also played full throttle every play.

Last edited:
2005 I took some players to UGA for a Nike deal. Some very skilled and elite players. One was Jason Barnes. He had been overshadowed his sophomore year by Mohammed Massaquoi and then Hakeem Nicks. He ran back to back laser in the 4.4 with the second one being faster than the first. He was about 6'2" 190 lbs with long arms. Literally when he got to the vehicle and turned on his phone it started ringing. SEC, ACC, and a couple of Big 12 schools. Unreal how fast word traveled. Played at USC. Had some NFL camp time. Receivers coach at Dutch Fork for awhile now.

Very happy for TJ. We should see many more offers over the next 8 months especially after he attends some camps this summer. Now that there is varsity tape out there and an official D1 offer has been made, other schools will take notice. TJ is a special talent and has really shown out on the field.

Very happy for TJ. We should see many more offers over the next 8 months especially after he attends some camps this summer. Now that there is varsity tape out there and an official D1 offer has been made, other schools will take notice. TJ is a special talent and has really shown out on the field.

Will be like clockwork. Film will get out and he will attend a few junior days and then the offers will start rolling in,

Shelby football you are one ignorant Golden Lion ... Underutilized.. 1-2 catches for touchdowns a game.. 1-2 runs for Td per game. .. Back for every kickoff and nobody will kick to him.. I think he’s the punter.. Go figure that ...Plays defensive back.. And you dumb$s”es say he’s under-utilized..He’s a lock for a Shrine Bowl next year as an Athlete.. put that in your downtown bong.. And inhale. .. Jack Hollifield gonna get all the attention next year cauliflower his daddy.. You better come up with him a signing bonus.. As Madmaxx would say “My big ole haiyButte !! “ Take one more hit and realize you all let him and Borders get away.. And the Borders kid daddy Chelsea done pretty good in the green and gold..
But his older son did much better at Shelby blew his daddy's numbers out off the field. The one at Crest won't because y'all have no one to get him the ball. You can get him to the second round playoff exit.

But his older son did much better at Shelby blew his daddy's numbers out off the field. The one at Crest won't because y'all have no one to get him the ball. You can get him to the second round playoff exit.

You don’t have anyone to get him the ball next year either. He’d have to get it to himself just like at Crest. That’s why you’re begging.

It does sound like a few of the Shelby fans on this site are begging for Ruff to go back to Shelby. Reeks of desperation.
You would think a program with the pedigree of Shelby wouldn’t have to resort to begging for players

I expect the “Supper Club” is working behind the scenes to bring in some more Burns stars to replace the Burns stars that won Overall MVP and Offensive MVP at the 2A State Championship game.

It does sound like a few of the Shelby fans on this site are begging for Ruff to go back to Shelby. Reeks of desperation.
You would think a program with the pedigree of Shelby wouldn’t have to resort to begging for players

I expect the “Supper Club” is working behind the scenes to bring in some more Burns stars to replace the Burns stars that won Overall MVP and Offensive MVP at the 2A State Championship game.
LOL

I’m still waiting on Crest to make it past the second round without some Burns players on its roster. It’s been a struggle ever since for the Chargers.. Green, Ramseur, and Ramseur ain’t walking through that door.

Last edited:
I’m still waiting on Crest to make it past the second round without some Burns players on its roster. It’s been a struggle ever since for the Chargers.. Green, Ramseur, and Ramseur ain’t walking through that door.

But....you just did the same thing with Burns players? Is the pot calling the kettle black? I'm really confused? Sounds like no team in this county can win without Burns players...or some type of "transfer"

But....you just did the same thing with Burns players? Is the pot calling the kettle black? I'm really confused? Sounds like no team in this county can win without Burns players...or some type of "transfer"
If Bess and Mitchell were still at Burns, and Ruff was still at Shelby playing quarterback, it would have been the same result, another state championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHS LION
Shelby has several guys interested in transferring in. Heard this from a reliable guy today. Ruff wont be one of them though..

You would think a program with the pedigree of Crest wouldn't have to beg from Burns, Shelby, Kings Mountain, Chase, East Rutherford and where ever in South Carolina you went begging a few years ago for a QB.

I don’t recall seeing any Burns or Crest posters blatantly begging for a player by name to transfer in on these forums.

Been seeing a couple Shelby fans desperately lobbying for Ruff to come back. How do you think that makes the next kid in line at QB feel. Probably why you will be losing some kids over the winter.

Calling it like I see it.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT