ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Ruff - Offers

You know 012. I mean you being a Bluedevils hater. I know you took that sweet Charger gal out for supper. Don’t want you to throw up that supper. She may have to NURSE you back to health.

So my question is still what’s the relevance of any of that to this thread and why would I be getting insulted?

Dead all this Ruff coming back to Shelby talk, please. It makes no sense, and his people will even tell you that he’s not coming back. As much as I would have loved for him to be in that Black and Gold, he going to Crest was without a doubt, a blessing in disguise for him. No way he would have blown up the way that he did at Shelby playing receiver. There wouldn’t have been enough footballs for him, Mitchell, Daley, and Husky. No one at Shelby saw this emergence happening. He would have been just another player, till he took over at quarterback his senior year. The Crest move ended up his best move, unfortunately, but fortunately for him, which is way more important.

Interesting. So where does shelby go for next years quarterback? Also with just huskey returning what about receiver?

Reactions: SHS LION
Interesting. So where does shelby go for next years quarterback? Also with just huskey returning what about receiver?
We have young, developing receivers on deck, that’s not a concern, but as for quarterback, that’s a huge concern. Major!!!!!

The Lee kid from the JV's is going to be a good one but only a 9th grader.He really could have used one more year on the JV's.But it is what it is and he looks to be a 3 year starter.Throws a pretty ball and always calm in the pocket.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Funny to me with as many kids as we have come out and play theres not a. Bunch of gun slinger and running Qb. In the mix

An older man told me Crest had a Dennis Sinkler back in the Max Beam days at Crest that he thought went to college. Long time ago.

Two blinks and a hic up. He fast.

Looking for a time confirmed. Considering he played at Shelby and is now at Crest, someone should have the answer.

He looks like a good 5'10 170, without a weight program.

Looks like a definite athlete in the ACC. As long as his speed is in the low 4.3's

Last edited:
I think Ruff could definitely play somewhere in the ACC. Fastest player I have seen in high school around here was Muse and he ran a laser timed 4.32 if I’m not mistaken. I’d be curious to see what Ruff would do on a laser.

Birdy told me Chelsea’s son and Greene kid were fastest. But both of them are hurt. Who’s Shelby, Burns , Kings Mountains fastest with times

Shelby football you are one ignorant Golden Lion ... Underutilized.. 1-2 catches for touchdowns a game.. 1-2 runs for Td per game. .. Back for every kickoff and nobody will kick to him.. I think he’s the punter.. Go figure that ...Plays defensive back.. And you dumb$s”es say he’s under-utilized..He’s a lock for a Shrine Bowl next year as an Athlete.. put that in your downtown bong.. And inhale. .. Jack Hollifield gonna get all the attention next year cauliflower his daddy.. You better come up with him a signing bonus.. As Madmaxx would say “My big ole haiyButte !! “ Take one more hit and realize you all let him and Borders get away.. And the Borders kid daddy Chelsea done pretty good in the green and gold..
Dude you are the Crest version of Dabombdropper ....LMAO.

Hey Lawndog I just got some free time on my hands and evidently a knack for pissing people off. Most of my concerns are legit. We can’t all be nice like Turkeytwitter. He’s a heck of a good calm supporter for Burns. He deserves fan of the year every year.

Golden Lion04 whose you alls 4.3 athletes this year. That’s World Class speed. Maybe Wilbanks can get them a walk on try out at the Webb.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Hey Lawndog I just got some free time on my hands and evidently a knack for pissing people off. Most of my concerns are legit. We can’t all be nice like Turkeytwitter. He’s a heck of a good calm supporter for Burns. He deserves fan of the year every year.
You got that right ....Nelson is as good as they come. As for you- for sure poster of the week....you have "done went" (upper Cleveland talk) and got a post shut down...nice work bro !

Golden Lion04 whose you alls 4.3 athletes this year. That’s World Class speed. Maybe Wilbanks can get them a walk on try out at the Webb.
No one in the County is running 4.3.:rolleyes: As for Shelby, I will take Daley and Huskey against anyone in the County, speed wise. Daley is thought of as a physical receiver, but he can really scoot. He and Huskey both run the 100 for Shelby’s track team.

On another note, Ruff is my favorite player to watch in the County, and it’s unfortunate that Borders has been injured most of the season. He’s a great athlete, he was poised to breakout, too, this season. Crest never really reached its fullest potential due to the injuries.

I get a little carried away but the Gatekeeper has the power..The turkey man is a special fan.. Good luck Lawndog I think you all are the favorites.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Lion Attack I’m just glad they improved like they did.. As I’ve watched kids through the years it seems sometimes they don’t realize the talent they have and the opportunities that are out there for them.. I like to see kids that dream big and work their buttes off. In the class and on the field.. So many talented kids have thrown that away with poor decisions. Good luck and good health to all the players and teams..Oh and Lawndog check out JD’s barbecue at Connelly Springs near 40

Some sort of leg injury I hear. He’ll be good as new next year. Hope he gets to play BBall but I don’t know his down time. He’s a good kid and blessed to have him. Coach Eddins has nothing but good things to say about him. Potential is through the roof.

Reactions: Crestuff
Not sure how this thread lost track of the intial comment. But yea, who is looking at Ruff on the next level?

Also @Lion Attack I wouldn't be surprised if 1-2 guys at Shelby currently can run a 4.4 flat. I may have been off on the 4.3 lol

Somebody on one of the threads said Duke,ECU, App and said something about Carolina. I assume North but could be South. Probably gonna be changes at South in coaching so doubt it’s South. I smell a little fishy so you better check my response. See what LionAttack thinks he’s figured it out. Or ask SHS Lion. His kids I think went to Crest. He’s got the inside scoop.

If he’s ready I hope he can.. His dad will know when he’s ready. Sure don’t need to take a chance if he’s not.. BBall somewhere around the corner

Reactions: Lion Attack
Big addition to the chargers if he's able to play. I actually think he's a better corner than receiver.

Well 04 you and Shelbyfan the only ones in the ShelbyMafia that’s got an honest opinion.. I hope you alls athlete ( Bess ) that’s really not a quarterback quote, unquote torches Maiden.. and what the heck does that mean.. You all would have been really awesome with an unatheletic quarterback..04 would you or tilefan please explain what that means to my dumba&s.

Well 04 you and Shelbyfan the only ones in the ShelbyMafia that’s got an honest opinion.. I hope you alls athlete ( Bess ) that’s really not a quarterback quote, unquote torches Maiden.. and what the heck does that mean.. You all would have been really awesome with an unatheletic quarterback..04 would you or tilefan please explain what that means to my dumba&s.

Ha! It's impossible for Shelby to have an unathletic QB. We breed athletes.

We would have been undefeated this year, if Ruff and Borders now at Crest, would have stayed. Add those two guys to our recieving core of Huskey, Mitchell, and Daley, with our Athletic QB, man....

Football is king at Shelby. 850 students half males, and we get at least 120 players out ever year. Our participation is higher than some 4a schools. It's not a miracle or some secret how we do this. It starts with our young kids 5-6 years old, going through the pee wee program, heading to middle school, then to JVS, some go straight to Varisty. Our guys are 10+ years into football by the 10th grade. Now let's get back to this ring!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT