ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night Scores

Murphy may have found their explosive player in #25. Kid can fly and has break away speed.

Murphy may have found their explosive player in #25. Kid can fly and has break away speed.
#25 looked good, he's got to get more touches at wingback. It's not going to matter much though if #12 doesn't get right, tough game for him, real disappointing because he played real well in the Roberson scrimmage.

Murphy dangerously thin at the skill positions Smith was out injured tonight at WR, Abling who I thought was playing I guess decided not to now and the starting fullback #20 didn't play in the 2nd half because of a concussion.

Last edited:
Murphy 33 Andrews 6
Andrews will be tough in 2022. They start a ton of 10th graders and arguably the best one isnt playing this season after knee surgery. They arent going to lose a bunch of kids like their current senior class did to transfers/quitting, they are a very tight knit group. Andrews has had good classes before but they a coach now that can get the most out of them. Calling it now, Andrews will finish in the top 2 in the SMC in 2022.

Andrews will be tough in 2022. They start a ton of 10th graders and arguably the best one isnt playing this season after knee surgery. They arent going to lose a bunch of kids like their current senior class did to transfers/quitting, they are a very tight knit group. Andrews has had good classes before but they a coach now that can get the most out of them. Calling it now, Andrews will finish in the top 2 in the SMC in 2022.
Wow that would be a shocker 😳

The problem with Andrews is, has been and will continue to be a lack of numbers. With ADM around 200 they can't muster but about 24-25 kids on the varsity roster. Their shortcomings were obvious last night in the second half when kids were struggling with cramps and exhaustion all over the field. A few of them probably didn't sit out a dozen plays over the entire game. Granted they will toughen up and become more durable as the season progresses but with very little practice time, no non- conference games and the strength at the top of the SMC I doubt they can finish above 4th this season. A couple of injuries or Covid quarantines could have a huge impact on their level of success. As for 2022 the Andrews faithful have learned to be cautiously optimistic; can't count the chickens (or cats for that matter) before they hatch. We have to take it 1 year at a time and hope that nothing happens to the kittens before they grow up and reach their ultimate potential as fighting Wildcats. As a 4th generation Andrews native, it really grates on me to see Andrews kids playing anywhere but Andrews.

From what ive been told by some Wildcat faithful this new crop of youngsters is built different. They are more team oriented and bleed Black and Red. There seem to be no egos from players or more importantly parents. I dont think you will see any of this group pack it up and leave Wildcat Country. I really think big things are on the horizon in A-Town.

From what ive been told by some Wildcat faithful this new crop of youngsters is built different. They are more team oriented and bleed Black and Red. There seem to be no egos from players or more importantly parents. I dont think you will see any of this group pack it up and leave Wildcat Country. I really think big things are on the horizon in A-Town.
I like your perspective. When I was in school back in the 60's kids who played sports were loyal to their school with very few exceptions.

Who will be the other in the top 2?

Reactions: BK13T-$
The problem with Andrews is, has been and will continue to be a lack of numbers. With ADM around 200 they can't muster but about 24-25 kids on the varsity roster. Their shortcomings were obvious last night in the second half when kids were struggling with cramps and exhaustion all over the field. A few of them probably didn't sit out a dozen plays over the entire game. Granted they will toughen up and become more durable as the season progresses but with very little practice time, no non- conference games and the strength at the top of the SMC I doubt they can finish above 4th this season. A couple of injuries or Covid quarantines could have a huge impact on their level of success. As for 2022 the Andrews faithful have learned to be cautiously optimistic; can't count the chickens (or cats for that matter) before they hatch. We have to take it 1 year at a time and hope that nothing happens to the kittens before they grow up and reach their ultimate potential as fighting Wildcats. As a 4th generation Andrews native, it really grates on me to see Andrews kids playing anywhere but Andrews.
I think they at least have a chance at finishing higher than 4th. Swain and Hayesville could be close games for them

I'm going say it. Andrew's wont beat Robbinsville in 2022.

Or this season.

Yes I know that Andrew's beat us at J

Avery with a good home win, with outcome in hand by halftime. Since the MA/NI game was ppd. last week, it's more of the unknown this week for Avery's road game at North Iredell Friday. N.I. will likely be a stronger test up front than ACA, but the Vikings have a veteran line this season and talented and emerging skill players. Last week showed that if Avery can maintain a balanced offense, they will put points on the board. With Mountain Heritage in Burnsville looming to open the conference schedule next week, this week best not be a 'trap game.'

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT