ADVERTISEMENT

This year's SouthWestern 2A conference

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
This very well might have been the very best 2A conference I'm the state in quite a while. Shelby & Burns outlasted everyone else to capture the playoff spots. But man let me tell you those next three teams in South Point, Chase & RS Central could handle their own if they had been able to get into the playoffs. It's a damn shame they can't. But this conference as a whole, it was a great one! Even East Gaston finished out with 2 wins!

This very well might have been the very best 2A conference I'm the state in quite a while. Shelby & Burns outlasted everyone else to capture the playoff spots. But man let me tell you those next three teams in South Point, Chase & RS Central could handle their own if they had been able to get into the playoffs. It's a damn shame they can't. But this conference as a whole, it was a great one! Even East Gaston finished out with 2 wins!
Man it’s a shame they can’t get into the playoffs at least for those seniors I mean hell they’ve done cut the season short for them.

South Point in particular -- "rabid" fans, and some of the nicest people away from the field that I have ever met -- and I've worked a lot in that area lately.
Did I hear correctly that their three losses were by a combined total of only 5 points?????

Reactions: notanyonesfan
This is the first time since the 2006 season that South Point has missed the playoffs. Makes me wonder which game I’m going to try to get into Friday night. I’ll probably be headed to Cabarrus County. I lived in Mt Pleasant for 20 years. Lots of friends over there and still a soft spot for the Tigers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT