ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the SMC

That’s a fair assessment. I’m not trying to take away from a Hayesville win. They play smart and good team ball. But I believe with all my heart this official had it out for our Coach. It didn’t mean we would have kept that run going or would have won the game but it was a momentum changer for sure. I believe this said official also called at Hayesville when we played.
The technical in question was actually on the bench. Believe it or not two of the three officials last night could arguably be two of the best in the association (scary I know LOL). Hayesville was hurt by two early fouls on two of their starters in the 1st qtr (not bashing officials just stating facts I promise). I believe the difference in the game was the defense applied on Ellis, he is a deadly weapon if you stop him from scoring then you have accomplished something few teams have done. Tucker (used first name because of 2 Holloways) came up big time for the wildcats and scored something highly contested baskets. McTaggert had a huge night as he scored all of Hayesville’s points in the 1st quarter. As always the Andrews-Hayesville game didn’t disappoint, hopefully can see one more this year.

Anyone think cherokee has a shot tonight? Go Braves!

Hayesville had better come ready to play with no letdown after clinching the conference title. Braves have been playing well and are playing for a shot at second place (and the playoff home court that will come with that).

I am just glad all the hype and then talk about "Well Hayesville still has to come to Andrews" has now come to a stop. It's always dangerous when you are beating your chest about your team in November.

Reactions: Hhs98
All you know how to do wildcat is bash the officials, I really do like Andrews team and by all accounts their team is full of great kids not just athletically but as young men. Yet Hayesville is the better coached team and probably overall the more talented team. This Andrews group of players has never beat Hayesville at the varsity level, I think its time to recognize that Hayesville is just the better team. At least to this point they have been in their careers, you never know though maybe Andrews will come out and beat Hayesville in the conference tournament or in playoffs or both time will tell. But to this point dont blame it on officials that had little to do with it simply put Hayesville played better and has been the better team to this point.

All you know how to do wildcat is bash the officials, I really do like Andrews team and by all accounts their team is full of great kids not just athletically but as young men. Yet Hayesville is the better coached team and probably overall the more talented team. This Andrews group of players has never beat Hayesville at the varsity level, I think its time to recognize that Hayesville is just the better team. At least to this point they have been in their careers, you never know though maybe Andrews will come out and beat Hayesville in the conference tournament or in playoffs or both time will tell. But to this point dont blame it on officials that had little to do with it simply put Hayesville played better and has been the better team to this point.
Yes they have beat Hayesville too

Hayesville has won 4 out of the last 5 including all of the regular season matchups. Only slip up was in the conference tournament when Hayesville junior class were freshman. Hayesvilles Sophomore class has never lost to Andrews in varsity play.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Bash and speak truth is two different things. I gave credit to a very good Hayesville team and i’m not trying to take that away. I’m not a sore loser and didn’t lose no sleep last night. Watch what you say because they will come a day when your team may lose and I will be watching what you quote after a loss. I’ve been very verbal about officiating for the last 15 years and I stick to that even when we win or lose and it’s not just when we get beat by Hayesville. Best of luck on the rest of the season

The technical in question was actually on the bench. Believe it or not two of the three officials last night could arguably be two of the best in the association (scary I know LOL). Hayesville was hurt by two early fouls on two of their starters in the 1st qtr (not bashing officials just stating facts I promise). I believe the difference in the game was the defense applied on Ellis, he is a deadly weapon if you stop him from scoring then you have accomplished something few teams have done. Tucker (used first name because of 2 Holloways) came up big time for the wildcats and scored something highly contested baskets. McTaggert had a huge night as he scored all of Hayesville’s points in the 1st quarter. As always the Andrews-Hayesville game didn’t disappoint, hopefully can see one more this year.
Lol. Sorry my friend, I have to disagree on two of the best and don’t know which two you were speaking of. Congratulations on winning a Undefeated Conference Championship and good luck the rest of the way. Andrews has another battle tonight in Murphy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Lol. Sorry my friend, I have to disagree on two of the best and don’t know which two you were speaking of. I have seen Pepper have good and bad games through the years but thought he did a great job last night. Congratulations on winning a Undefeated Conference Championship and good luck the rest of the way. Andrews has another battle tonight in Murphy

not undefeated yet, Jackets still have Cherokee tonight, and Andrews fans I’m guessing would want to be Hayesville fans tonight. Cherokee win and Andrews loss would probably mean Andrews hitting the road first round in playoffs.

If Robbinsville and Hayesville girls both end up 7-5 in conference how will they determine who gets the #3 seed?

From the looks of it, Hayesville didn't help themselves with the social media firestorm before the game. It gave Cherokee a big boost to shut some mouths with a win.

Reactions: uk-te-na
SMC Tournament !!!
Neutral court for everyone but Rosman
Murphy won it last year and I believe we could have more upsets this year. Good luck to all

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
From the looks of it, Hayesville didn't help themselves with the social media firestorm before the game. It gave Cherokee a big boost to shut some mouths with a win.
It was one post from a student and it got shut down when the administration found out about it. The student and some others that commented weren’t allowed at the game. The post was totally uncalled for and classless. That didn’t stop some fans from calling one of our assistant coaches a racist a-hole after the game. He had nothing to do with anything that happened and pretty sure he wasn’t aware of the post. The school handled it and the players were not involved with any of it and showed decent sportsmanship towards each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hhs98 and Swain97
Basically the conference tournament doesn't mean anything except bragging rights for the men correct? Hayesville has 1 seed from conference Cherokee has 2 seed?

It was one post from a student and it got shut down when the administration found out about it. The student and some others that commented weren’t allowed at the game. It was totally uncalled for and classless. That didn’t stop some fans from calling one of our assistant coaches a racist a-hole after the game. He had nothing to do with anything that happened and pretty sure he wasn’t aware of the post. The school handled it and the players were not involved with any of it and showed decent sportsmanship towards each other.

I hear it was pretty calm. Just saying it was bulletin board material for the players.

Basically the conference tournament doesn't mean anything except bragging rights for the men correct? Hayesville has 1 seed from conference Cherokee has 2 seed?

It probably means a lot to Murphy and Swain to keep the guesswork out of a playoff bid. But Hayesville and Cherokee are locked in to their playoff seeds.

It probably means a lot to Murphy and Swain to keep the guesswork out of a playoff bid. But Hayesville and Cherokee are locked in to their playoff seeds.
I haven't looked heavily in to it but just from briefly scanning the rankings I think Murphy may need to beat Swain and Hayesville in the conference tourney to get in. Not sure just a win over Swain gets it done.

Last edited:
High School OT projections from Sunday have Murphy in “first five out,” but not sure what beating Andrews would do to their MaxPreps ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT