ADVERTISEMENT

Third draft of realignment released

If all parties agree in 2 sperate conferences the NCHSAA will let appeals happen. That's how Millenium joined the conference they did. Cornerstone, Bethany, and NCLA are teams they have been playing for years so they are thier natural rivalries. It gives the NW1A a true tradional public school conference with no charters or privates. Win-Win in my opinion.
When will we know if this is the final realignment proposal ? It is the 3rd draft you would think they are done. I can't remember it going past 2nd or 3rd, of course, it is getting so I can't remember what I go to the kitchen for sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: sbbbfan and BK13T-$
Carver, Bishop, and Prep were all in favor of joing that conference for Football only.
How do you know all three schools were in favor of this? I can assure you atleast 1 of 3 weren't. This move was brought about because of one school in particular.

From my understanding Prep and Bishop were in favor and nobody from Carver would respond to the request. If they were not in favor then they should have communicated that, something they don't do very well. If you don't voice your stance then.....

Reactions: Slasher Killer
It gets even worse in the other sports when Carver pretends to field a team and then they don't even show up or they half effort play the contest. I remember we were supposed to play them in Women's tennis a few years ago ,and they never even showed up, or attempted to call explaining why. There's no excuse for that.. it was the kids senior night match too. That infuriated me when I read about it in the paper. Everyone loses in those situations.

With them in the private school conference they won't hurt any regular completive school like that again. Granted they still will be very un-predictable.
So because of a mishap to women's tennis team you believe that it makes sense to misplace a school in the next realignment? So you holding grudges?

From my understanding Prep and Bishop were in favor and nobody from Carver would respond to the request. If they were not in favor then they should have communicated that, something they don't do very well. If you don't voice your stance then.....
The move doesn't make any sense for a football only conference we should all be able to see that. This move was generated by one school and one school only.

The move doesn't make any sense for a football only conference we should all be able to see that. This move was generated by one school and one school only.

Not sure which school you are referring to (i can speculate) but I can assure you if you want your voice heard and be respected by the NCHSAA, communicate and do your part. If you stay quite they think you don't care or are ok with it. West Stokes wanted to move to the surry/wilkes confernce but the Wilkes schools weren't in favor. That move didn't happen.

So because of a mishap to women's tennis team you believe that it makes sense to misplace a school in the next realignment? So you holding grudges?

That wasn't a mishap.. surely they can pick up a phone and talk to someone. It was pure laziness and quite silly of them to do. They could have informed the other school hours or days ahead and let them know something before the last moment. Instead the players got their hopes up for no reason for their senior night match, and the parents and family who came to see them got cheated out of both seeing their kids and work hours.

No excuse in that stuff. If you are gonna have athletics at least put the effort in to field a team or give it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight

Sounds about right.. from what I heard around the mill in 2019 they had a serious shot of playing 1A for the past two years, and they screwed it up by not turning the paperwork in on time to the state. . Their programs would have been so much better off if they had dropped and all of us in the WPAC could have kept that non conference game we lost due to NF.

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Carver and Bishop may have been better off in the league with Thomasville, S Davidson and N Rowan.

Agreed.. that would have been a rather interesting league. Tville and NR would be good but they wouldn't run away with it either. Carver and SD would have competed for the cellar but that was a fun game in 2019.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT