ADVERTISEMENT

1972 till 2022 NCHSAA FOOTBALL PLAYOFF QUALIFICATION & ADVANCEMENT

Totally incomplete and misleading data.
And another example of the incompetence of the NCHSAA to waste time and money generating garbage.
This listing ignores the accomplishments of some of the best, proven public high school programs smack in the middle of North Carolina from 1972 to 1976.
All public high schools did NOT come under the governance of the EXPANDED NCHSAA until 1977.
AND THEY FULLY KNOW AND UNDERSTAND THAT FACT.
Yet they continue to use 1972 as the benchmark year for records, ignoring several top programs in the process.
Why 1972?
Because that marks the return of statewide titles, but only within the NCHSAA. Not all public high schools.
Why not use 1977 as the benchmark date?
It makes entirely too much sense. All public schools are included, just 5 years later.
There is a dirty little secret why.
Most on the current NCHSAA staff have no clue.
But Que does. And some of the others.
Because we have called them out on this several times before.
We will happily pile on this incompetent group until they clearly set the records straight.

Last edited:
In 1968 there was a western & an eastern champion and they never played for a state championship.
I believe there was a Western association and then just the state. Most of your good schools in west in the association. Rest in the state. I may be wrong but think I'm right.

You just made our point by posting the WNCHSAA data and the NCHSAA data from 1913. The only one missing is the info on the black public schools prior to integration.

We have suggested to the NCHSAA statisticians that ONE SIMPLE COMBINED data sheet, by year, with columns for the three historical associations would clarify the record.

But do you think they could produce that?
Do you think they want to?
You need to ask why not?

You just made our point by posting the WNCHSAA data and the NCHSAA data from 1913. The only one missing is the info on the black public schools prior to integration.

We have suggested to the NCHSAA statisticians that ONE SIMPLE COMBINED data sheet, by year, with columns for the three historical associations would clarify the record.

But do you think they could produce that?
Do you think they want to?
You need to ask why not?
Seems your team joined the wrong association and never played teams in the NCHSAA your years in the WNCHSAA should never count in the NCHSAA championships records. So you have no point, PERIOD. Crazy to even think so, again PERIOD. This is all you have to claim, and foolish to think otherwise...... ROTFLMAO https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/WNCHSAA Football.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Was boonville back then a black high school or was that school something else.
I am sure with more Yadkin county knowledge than me can clarify, but I do believe prior to Starmount and Forbush opening those communities had their own HS.

Heck Yadkin county had schools K-8 till about 10 years ago. Then Starmount and Forbush MS opened.

I am sure with more Yadkin county knowledge than me can clarify, but I do believe prior to Starmount and Forbush opening those communities had their own HS.

Heck Yadkin county had schools K-8 till about 10 years ago. Then Starmount and Forbush MS opened.
Yes, it was called Yadkinville High School prior to around 1967.

I do believe there was Booneville HS before Starmount I believe it was created by consolidation of Booneville,W. Yadkin and Jonesville.

OBTW, no wine and cheese here’s tonight , having Surgery at 7 am tomorrow.

Robbinsville beat the brakes off Princeton 1969

Last edited:
Starmount is made up from West Yadkin High School, Boonville High School, and Jonesville High School. They were high schools until the fall of 1967. Then they were K-8 until the middle schools were built.

Yadkin High School was in Boonville and was the African-American high school until 1967 as well.

One of the best basketball player ever in the ACC was Dickie Hemric who starred at Jonesville High.

Boonville HS won state titles in football (1946) and basketball (1965).

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Starmount is made up from West Yadkin High School, Boonville High School, and Jonesville High School. They were high schools until the fall of 1967. Then they were K-8 until the middle schools were built.

Yadkin High School was in Boonville and was the African-American high school until 1967 as well.

One of the best basketball player ever in the ACC was Dickie Hemric who starred at Jonesville High.

Boonville HS won state titles in football (1946) and basketball (1965).
Class B
1946 Boonville 27, Raeford 7

Now did Forbush fit in ?

Western
Ayden 14
Eastern
Red springs 13

Western
Robbinsville 14
Eastern
Manteo 08

Western