ADVERTISEMENT

The State of Swett Football

I may get crushed for coming on here and saying this, because there are people in the world that do not want to hear the truth. But for those of you who do really care, here it goes. I am from Robeson County so I feel like I can speak my mind about this. I'm not some outsider trying to stir the pot and talk trash about people. The problems that exist at Purnell Swett are no different than the problems that plague this entire county. These problems, which are social and economic in nature, I'm sad to say, cannot be fixed and are only going to get worse in the future.
First of all, we all know that academics are the key to success in life, whether you're dealing with students or student athletes. The problems here start at the central office and board of education. Has anyone ever heard of the L.A.P Program? The L.A.P program is used in Robeson County as an attempt to increase graduation rates and essentially "spit shine a terd". The program was designed and approved by the state for rare instances in which a student, because of pregnancy or illness is allowed to "make up" up to a semester's work of credits to help them stay on track for graduation if they miss too many days of school. The PSRC has abused this program and its hard to believe the state hasn't found out and laid the hammer down on us yet. Basically, now it should stand for Losers All Pass! Now, we take all the thugs, criminals, gang members, and those who fight, sell drugs, disrespect teachers and administrators, and refuse to do anything in school and fail every class, even PE, and we enroll them in the LAP program. In this program, a student gets to work independently on the computer and only has to show up for school 2 days per week. I've witnessed students that are enrolled in this program come in, put some periods at the end of some sentences, do some 3rd grade level work, and somehow "make up" as many as 8 credits (that's 2 years of high school credits) in 6 weeks!!! Then they get to march in graduation with the kids who worked hard and actually graduated. How is that possible. How can you make up an entire year of English, when you failed it already multiple times, in a total of 6 weeks? Its a joke. What we are doing is showing higher graduation rates than we should so that we don't show our ignorance to the rest of the state. Please explain how, when examining statistics, the PSRC can be ranked in the lower 10% in the state in test scores, but rank in the upper 10% in graduation rates? It just doesn't add up. Its called moving kids through the system whether they earn it or not and just letting anyone and everyone graduate.
Another problem is the refusal of the PSRC to create an alternative school in Robeson County for the frequent discipline problems in the schools. Cumberland and other counties have it, and it removes the worst discipline problems from the school environment. The reason we don't have one is becauee of the race problems in the county. No one wants to face the political nightmore of 90% of an alternative school being filled with only one race. That won't look politically correct. So, we just keep them in school, babysit them, and let them run wild. If we try to suspend them or long term suspend them, the central office sends them right back to us. So the problems keep happening with the same kids over and over every day polluting the schools with ignorance and violence. The kids know the deal. As long as they don't murder someone and go to prison, they will be allowed to stay in high school until they are 21 years of age.
Another problem is known in Economics as the "Brain Drain". Most kids with higher level thinking skills leave and go off to college or the military after high school. Then, because of the lack of jobs and opportunities in Robeson County, most of these kids do not come back after college. So in the future their kids will never walk the halls of the PSRC. They grow up in another school system. So therefore the intelligence level overall in the county continues to decline with each generation. Ignorance breeding ignorance. You can research the term "Brain Drain" on google. It's a fact. Its in Economics. Those with lower level thinking skills never go anywhere. They always stay here. They have no choice. So lets pretend you have 100 kids with higher level thinking skills, and 100 kids who are low level intelligence. The 100 kids who have higher level thinking skills go off to college but only about 20% come back to Robeson County because they have a better future with higher pay in other places. So, If they have 2 children each, that means in 15 years when the next generation starts high school, that higher intelligence group has dwindled down to 40 kids. However, out of the group of 100 kids with lower thinking skills who NEVER leave, their group has now grown to 200 if they have 2 children each. In 15 years when all those kids start 9th grade, there will be 40 kids in the school system with higher level thinking skills and 200 who are low-level. So over time, ignorance takes over and the people with higher intelligence are outnumbered. Think about it. It's scary but true. That's why the crime rate is so bad here. Here is a link that will open your eyes. Check this out.....http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/most-dangerous-counties/

So as you can see. it will be very difficult for ANY school in Robeson County to be a consistent winner in sports OR academics. There are a few years every now and then where a certain team will have a good year but it is impossible to expect a consistent winner each and every year with what the teachers and coaches are working with. I applaud all the teachers and coaches in Robeson County. They all deserve $100,000 per year to put up and deal with the problems and ignorance they face every day. If a coach tells a kid with low intelligence what to do on a certain play on the field and the kid forgets that information immediately because he is low level mentally, the fans blame the coaches.....LOL! And they fire the coach......Thats life in RobCo....Ignorance.......But its just the way it is. After all, we're living in a county where half the county resembles scenes from the movie "Boys In The Hood", and the other half of the county resembles scenes from the movie "Deliverance". We have a lot bigger problems around here than worrying about who wins a particular basketball game.......I don't know what the answer is.......

so what you are saying is the county admin down the the school admin will fluff the numbers so they can keep there incentive checks coming regardless of what the real numbers are???

didnt a school in Atlanta should have some teachers, counselors, and principle go to prison for falsifying documents????

also, you are saying that the kids that want to be there to get a solid education could get a better ones if we get the trouble makers out????

you even stated that our county is so back woods that we are more worried about singleing out one group (either American Native or American African) see i put AMERICAN FIRST!!!! seeing i do not think anyone from purnell was born outside of the US.

I find this crazy!!!!!

the line above the line that says I find this crazy is the only line in the post that is sarcastic!!!!!!

I am the173herd and i approve this message!!!!

Yes Herd you are correct. That's what's going on. It's tragic and shameful. But that's just the way it is. Check out the term "brain drain". It's a fact. Which is why it gets worse here with each generation. Do you know about the "65" rule? No student here, under any circumstances is allowed to be given a grade lower than 65, even if that student doesn't show up to school a single day. That way, if they can just show up on exam day and make a 70 on the exam, they will pass the course with a D because of the weight of the final exam. They can make a 65 the first 9 weeks, a 65 the 2nd 9 weeks, then make a 70 on the exam and they will pass and be promoted. That way we keep them moving through the system and let them graduate. This helps our graduation rate look better. It's a joke.

It's not just athletes...it's all students in the PSRC. If his or her average is below 65 teachers are require to "override" the grade and change it to 65. If you don't change the grades the teacher is held accountable. That's RobCo. But don't worry, we'll just blame the teachers and coaches

I am not happy knowing this. It is a dissavantage and it is not fair to all students.

This is not doing a student right. This means College would have to lower their standards to meet the students level. 65 gives a student a wake up call about what they really did not achieve verses what they thought or should have achieved in order to proceed to the next level

Who came up with this genious idea?
Who was it signed by?

This is capital murder in the education arena.

I know nothing of Robeson County or its academic programs, but I would only like to point out that a number of school districts require (or at least urge) teachers to keep 1st or 3rd quarter grades (on a block schedule) to a 60. The purpose is not to fluff grades, but rather to attempt to keep students engaged by giving them a chance. If you are halfway through a class and give him a 30 or 40 and he has no chance of passing, what will the second half of the course with him be like? If he has a chance, he might straighten himself out and do good work the second half--in which he probably deserves to pass. If he doesn't do much better work in the second half of the course, then he fails, which again he deserves.

Again, I can't speak for the rest of the post---just trying to put a little information out there on that one specific part.

Here is the deal, and this might make some pissed.

It is the parents of the smart kids that want to be there fault this is happening. I would bit my bottom dollar that the majority of the pppl that our County Super hangs out with (by the way he not retiring he is getting the next chance job at UNCP) have kids in the upper crust at all the county HS. if they would get him by hisself at Linda's, Ryan's, or Candy Sue's and talk duckets with him he could make it to where there would be some drastic change.

The best thing we could/can do is let natural selection take over. As a town/county/state/country quit giving away crap!!!!!! Make ppl earn it. that is what they call LIFE.

Purnell Swett and Robeson County is the butt end to 90% of the jokes in the state when regards to education and sports.

I know man. It's terrible, all teachers hate it. So as you can see, we have WAY bigger problems than sports teams not winning. Ignorance around here has become acceptable. Teachers and administrators are frustrated. I know one principal who was told by the central office to stop suspending kids of a certain race because they were suspending too many and it wasn't fair. So he just has to put them in ISS and keep them in school. Criminals and murderers walk the halls with our kids every day, and the PSRC won't let you get rid of them. So as you can see, we care more about the bottom 10% than we do about the other 90%. It's tragic but that's the way it is. And we wonder why we can't keep quality teachers. I've got an idea. Let's blame it all on Mark Heil......lol.....that seems convenient

Have you ever noticed that we never hire a superintendent who is not from RobCo? The reason is because someone outside RobCo would see what's going on and make changes. But a lot of people don't want change....it's already good I guess

i will tell you this, i will throw my name in the hat for the super........ i am not scared to call the baby ugly............ i would ensure principles wouldnt get a bonus for the teachers hardwork. That is like a guy down the st getting credit for cutting my grass after i cut my grass.

i have a better analogy, but it is a little vulger.

Herd and S2V I respect you guys. I am former military myself. US Navy and served in desert storm. We think a little different than most folks around here.

hoooooah master chief!!!!!!!!!!!! i think with my brain, they think with the brains that come out of there ass.

LOL I don't know but at he rate we're going they may come here and make a movie named after the old TV show "The Land of the Lost"

Originally posted by snotnocker:
Herd and S2V I respect you guys. I am former military myself. US Navy and served in desert storm. We think a little different than most folks around here.
I RESPECT YOU MASTER CHIEF...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOES THIS TELL YOU A CHAPTER OF MY BOOK MR. SNOTNOCKER

[/B]THE173HERD HAS ALSO BEEN THERE AND BEYOND AND EARNED THE SHIRT OF THE BRAVE[/B]

THIS IS ONLY 8-10 MILE RUN from old 82D Replacement to the top of the hill [4-5 up and 4-5 back] (you concur herd?)
hires_060818-A-9920R-001a.jpg

Warriors of Darkness- Mass Attack C-17
050824-F-6655M-283.jpg

A day and life on a Hollywood Jump- 1,300 FT

The Chopper- The Good Ol Days
hqdefault.jpg

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

This post was edited on 4/16 11:54 PM by swett2victory

I hope they dont re-record we are the world. it was first recorded for starving ppl in Africa. if they redo the song it will have to be for christians that cannot show there faith across the world. But a bunch of rainbow loving, starbucks drinking, prius driving hippies would find that offensive.

Prius should be renamed to GLAV's. please ask me what that means.

I swear ... this thread (not unlike many PS-related topics) has become akin to a Jurassic-diarrheal-ADHD-Tourette's Syndromed-scattered rant of epic weirdness. It's almost like watching a barefooted, fat, ugly chick chain smoke Marlboro reds as her pit-hairs delicately breach the sleeveless portals of a "painted-on," tie-dyed, man-beater that can't begin to shelter her infantile-terrapin looking outtie. The title of this thread should end w/a "?." For the "state" is truly unknown - especially when it boils down to trying to figure out where you guys' pissing contests are aimed (on a day-to-day basis).

Bullz,

i would hate to see the women you grew up with or hang out with these days!!!!

i am glad to say that my lumbee queen has shoes, is skinny, very nice to look at, doesnt smoke, and is trimmed clean in all areas.

but hey who are we to judge the women you love and keep near and dear to your heart.

Herd
Remember when Tito(they called him Tiny Tot) ran for over 2,105 yards almost breaking Marko "The Trump" Julius record of 2,369 yards. Tito who had a cussin named Hunter Sampson, was an Alumn of Pembroke University for a short time then moved to South Florida was an Adidas All American in 1992. He(Tito) was invited to play in the out of state Army Invitational in Cocoa Beach Florida in 1993 where he was a smoking gun. Today his son Junior Brown who they call "Chief Camacho" since Tito(his father) was married to a beauty Spanish queen is an outstanding athlete who has surpassed his own fathers, Eric Dickerson and "The Trumps" Record. He ran for over 2,500 yards one one single high school season. That is unheard of, even down at Booker T. Washignton High School.

I swear.....

This post was edited on 4/17 3:08 PM by swett2victory

Originally posted by snotnocker:
Yes Herd you are correct. That's what's going on. It's tragic and shameful. But that's just the way it is. Check out the term "brain drain". It's a fact. Which is why it gets worse here with each generation. Do you know about the "65" rule? No student here, under any circumstances is allowed to be given a grade lower than 65, even if that student doesn't show up to school a single day. That way, if they can just show up on exam day and make a 70 on the exam, they will pass the course with a D because of the weight of the final exam. They can make a 65 the first 9 weeks, a 65 the 2nd 9 weeks, then make a 70 on the exam and they will pass and be promoted. That way we keep them moving through the system and let them graduate. This helps our graduation rate look better. It's a joke.
SNOT,
I have learned about that 65 DEAL and that you cannot[/B] give a student a grade lower than a 50[/B] on daily assigned[missed] homework[/B]. REALLY?

The message is loud and clear..."Dont worry if you dont attend school, we'll just give you and easy way to make up the credit.

I mean what does that say to the kids who acutally do the class work, test, projects and homework?

What Panel For Academic Success approved this phony process for getting kids undeserved cedit?

Again, this is truly Capital Murder in the Education Arena.[/B]

This post was edited on 4/20 6:33 AM by swett2victory

S2V,

we should just leave it alone, i love to watch perfectly abled bodied people at the grocery store break out the American Flag ATM/Debit card and get the groceries they want to feed there family.

O Wait!!! That isnt a ATM card. Thats ok, they need the help they cant find work and are home alone raising X number of kids alone.

O Wait!!! the person has a live in "Booty Call" that is a professional "Rock Star" or "Mudslinger" that makes $2,000 a week under the table.

O Wait!!! That is teaching our kids how to cheat the system??????

O Wait!!! The school system is teaching it as well!!!!

You have got to Fu(%ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by the173herd:
S2V,

we should just leave it alone, i love to watch perfectly abled bodied people at the grocery store break out the American Flag ATM/Debit card and get the groceries they want to feed there family.

O Wait!!! That isnt a ATM card. Thats ok, they need the help they cant find work and are home alone raising X number of kids alone.

O Wait!!! the person has a live in "Booty Call" that is a professional "Rock Star" or "Mudslinger" that makes $2,000 a week under the table.

O Wait!!! That is teaching our kids how to cheat the system??????

O Wait!!! The school system is teaching it as well!!!!

You have got to Fu(%ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERD
THIS 65 AND/OR 55 RULE IS A NATIONWIDE MESS
Below you will see attachements FIGURE 1-3 thru 1-5 which I photoshoped so no one would steal ol cuz' real american flag dollar signs. They have always served him/her with pride, dignity, and appreciation. These cards have always been there for him/her when the fridge is in need of milk, bread, and cheese. Please fill me in if there are any issues concerning his/her truly well known and blessed money cards.

THEY ARE PERFECT BODIED INDIVIDUALS

EACH STUDENT IS ENTITLED TO EACH AND ANY OF THESE CARDS DEPENDING ON THE APR: ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE RATE

The worse their performance the better the opportunity to qualify for that Master American Flag Card

This Paypal credit card you can sell online and have a bank of your own thru Paypal and just save save save. This one is only for the BOLD and the BRAVE who dare to miss homework.......OH
paypalcreditcard.jpg
[/URL]
Paypal Visa card
Figure 1-3

This Capital One credit card can be your side spending lending machine when you dont want to use your Capital One. This one is for the HIT and MISSED who dare to skip school........OH
capitalone.jpg
[/URL]
Capital One
Figure 1-4

But then here is the famous Bank of America MasterCard which grants you so much as long as you dont make below a 40 GPA on your diploma. This one is for the FABULOUS who dare to DROPOUT........OH
wall-decorations-knitted-accessories-dimitri-tsykalov-5.jpg
[/URL]
Bank Of America
Figure 1-5

This post was edited on 4/20 10:34 AM by swett2victory

We'll know everyone that was involved in the Kennedy assassination before Swett's football program is straightened out.

Originally posted by go_scots:
We'll know everyone that was involved in the Kennedy assassination before Swett's football program is straighten OUT WE HAVE A WINNER . THE POST OF THE YEAR. I BET YOU WET YOUR SKIRT AFTER POSTING THAT. I MEANT KILT
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/20 1:13 PM by ct147

This post was edited on 4/20 1:22 PM by ct147

so now PSHS should be looking for a new baseball coach. when your in the run for the state playoffs but cant keep your cool and get yourself ejected so the team doesnt have the Head Coach to guide his team through what you can say the toughest part of the schedule. So, since we fire ppl based on rumors, wins/losses, making playoffs, and winning the conference title; not to mention beating SC, RC, Lum, or PC. He should be on the hot seat since he cant sit on the coaching seat during the games he was told not to attend.

But, like always politics will prevail in this one.

GSO,
I was at the baseball slash football field today and just in case you weren't aware, I saw your brutha today up on a jeep with his gal Sarah sanging the Alaskian #1 hit "Luview"

Last edited:
If it's the same Sarah as you speak, we went fishin' in a pond close to Burlington one day , quite unaware of the day of confusement that awaited. I was drivin' her Corvair for starters, as I was sans vehicle at the time. We were broke as a twenty titted goat. I pulled the click click clickin' of the oil starved, smokin' like a leaf fire vehicle to pond's edge, and as the braking mechanism was mashed, it was quickly surmised that the Brake Fluid we had inserted earlier that day in Reidsville had leaked all to hell, causing the half sunken vehicle to smoke even more profusely as it hit the black water of the pond.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is short film out there illustrating how recent changes in high school football have killed the soul and passion in the game

Are the good times gone?

Last edited:
LEADERSHIP
  • NOT ONE person is better than the whole team(this is including the staff).
  • NO ONE will make any decisions without going through me
  • I WILL KNOW all the starting players for every game. I will make that decision as well. NOT ONE PERSON on my staff will make any moves without coming to me, going through me and finalized by me FIRST.
- JON SHERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
228.jpg

Tiger,
I do know you had your disposable camera as you sat under the sound of the above said comments. What more did you absorb. I am genuinely digging what coach Sherman had to say in this moment in time(s).

Tiger, I am risin' up, back on the street. I did my time, I took my chances. I went the distance, now I'm back on my feet Just a man and my will to survive.So many times, it happened too fast. I traded my passion for glory. I didn't lose my grip on the dreams of the past. I must fight just to keep them alive.

------------------------------------------------------------------- BREAK -------------------------------------------------------------------

You once said: "SUV, I meant S2V, man you spend just as much time at PS as I do. That being said, whenever you find out things with athletics, I find out those same things at the same time, even sometimes later on."

QUESTION: In the "I'm going to make every attempt to kick him off the Sidelines Meeting" that was adhered like 1 or 2 or maybe 3 months ago where the decision was made official and maybe also where THAT SAME ANGRY SELFISH PERSON said "I NEVER CARED ABOUT THE STUPID SON...B ANYWAYS".....................by slight chance, was the Eye of The Tiger present in that particular Meeting of the Minds? If so who's voice was it?(I already know who it was. I am just trying to double or triple and maybe quadruple confirm).

MY HYPOTHESIS: Tiger please don't say "I honestly don't know what you're talking about"

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
4324.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT