ADVERTISEMENT

The State of Swett Football

Rams 1990-94

Apr 16, 2005
With the right ingredients and the blessing of the good LORD Swett Football can be successful. I'm so thankful that God allowed me the opportunity to experience winning when I was a student-athlete at Swett from (90-94) and, more importantly, again as a teacher-football supporter (05-11). It was truly a blessing. I was absolutely sadden to see Coach Heil leave, but I hope the best for Swett and their upcoming new coach. Just not when they play the school that my superintendent assigns me to.....

Presidente Kountlepto ha salido de la casa. Él regresará cuando el tiempo se relevent a la conversación en la mano.

I have no dog in this fight but I do have a question. What does the administration at Swett have against a winning football program? Based on this and other decisions i just don't get it.

What is with the Spanish on this thread? Do lumbees speak Spanish or something?

Originally posted by Apexnaf:
What is with the Spanish on this thread? Do lumbees speak Spanish or something?
El ventilador Ram Head Fútbol ( S2V ) le gusta mostrar sus múltiples talentos lingüísticos. Así que para permanecer en su gracia es amable con él complacer a veces.

(The Ram Head Football fan (S2V) likes to show off his multi linguistic talents. So to stay in his good graces it is nice to indulge him sometimes.)

Senor Araide,
Yo hablo espanol de verdad pero tu usas el Google traductor. Yo nunca veo a el senor kountklepto. Yo creo que el esta my ocupado con la pelota ronda.

--------- BREAK ---------

GOGO,
My dog is currently resting because it was causing some type of unknown noise disturbance within the community according to the noise meter experts. Until the173herd aggravates, activates or motivates him again, silence is the choice. But to answer your question " .................... "

Apex,
No!!! Spanish Panamerican American Soldiers who live among the Lumbee community speak spanish. Remember that beautiful story in our social studies class where they were talking about building a canal in a far away country called Panama so boats wouldnt have to go all the way around the southern hemisphere and back up north. Well I grew up slightly .5hrs north of that canal. I'll go get Noriega out of Miami to come getcha boy :)

Senor Araide,
"(The Ram Head Football fan (S2V) likes to show off his multi linguistic talents. So to stay in his good graces it is nice to indulge him sometimes.)"

Oh dios mio que lindo

This post was edited on 2/15 6:24 PM by swett2victory

Go scots, Swett deals with factors your scots will never have to experience. Being a 1 county football school is such an easier environment to have a successful program.

We have great fans and community support. Thanks but no thanks.

This post was edited on 2/15 7:41 PM by oldswettQB

Sorry Oldswett there are plenty of successful schools in the state where there are multiple schools in a county. You can't expect kids to be successful unless they are put in a position to succeed. The administration at Swett had failed miserably at putting their kids in a position to be successful.

GOGO
talk to me

happy-old-man.jpg

This post was edited on 2/15 11:58 PM by swett2victory

Yes, look at the county to our north. CC, has more schools than we have decent restaurants in robeson county.

The admin at PSHS did something they will not admit too. They made a mistake by asking Heil to leave. They thought they would get a splash hire. I am willing to bet that they did have a decent hire back when the announcement was supposed to be on the 10th. But truly I hope that whomever the original hire was read about the drama, politics, and total bs that comes with the biggest, poorest, and according the the robesonian one of the worst in education in the state. I hope they backed out and by doing this the egg was on the admins face.

We as parents need to fix the issue at Swett. But it's hard when you talk to the tenth grade principle (which I did about after school tutoring) and he sounds like the redneck on the king of the hill. And he has no idea when tutoring will start, or it's hard for the teachers to make a schedule to let the kids know who will be staying for there department.

That being said we have some issues. What school doesn't? I am just tired of ppl trying to cover them up and hoping they go away.

The first thing I would like address is, G & J thanks for your service to our country. Next, I sure hope you guys are only joking with some of these off the wall comments that you have posted. You truly have no idea what goes on operations wise at Swett. Yes Heil has moved on, whether it be by his on accord or not depends on who you talk to. All you know about the situation comes from the outside looking in and hearsay. You have not seen a good coach broken down in front of an administrator because he was helping out with another sport or a good athlete being told that football was more important than another sport and they should not play it or any of the other numerous things that may have occurred. Whether you like the new hire or his coaching record or not is up to you, but always remember before this is success there has to be failure. Finally, as far administration goes at Swett, there could be no finer group of individuals. And as far as being redneck, you are way off. I guess you have not eaten at Linda's and listened to some of those conversations there lately. Btw, tutoring dates are usually determined by the budget because of having to use buses, that is unless you can arrange to pick up your child. Also, tutoring should begin at home, you can Google just about anything covered in a classroom.

This post was edited on 2/16 6:31 PM by Scot4life

Scot4,

If you ask anyone that knows me will tell you education in priority in my life for my kids. We ensure they are in camps, study hall regardless if it is needed as well as extra activities to broaden there resume. Oh yeah we pay for ithe camps and extra activities.

As far as the admin at purnell I will say this. The AD is first class! Who will go the extra mile for the kids.

Yes Mark Heil has moved on. I hear he is enjoying St. Paul's. Trying to get use to not being called a ram any more.

To ask you when you say you won't see a good coach being broke down in front of admin? Really? So when a coach that coaches a sport that generates nothing but produces championships gets the big goose egg what does that mean? Ask any golf, tennis, cross country, bowling coach. Now I will pull a Chris Carter! Come on man!

To ask you when you say you won't see a good coach being broke down in
front of admin? Really? So when a coach that coaches a sport that
generates nothing but produces championships gets the big goose egg what
does that mean? Ask any golf, tennis, cross country, bowling coach.
Now I will pull a Chris Carter! Come on man!

But to be told 30 minutes prior not to worry, I got your back and then slay them. Btw, the team he helped coach produced the last championship at Swett and generated revenue. Dropping the mic now.

The last champ that I know was bowling. Other than that golf has done decent as well as tennis. The last big team sport that did anything as a team was softball. Please let me know of the other team that championship. Why do ppl like to drop the mic? Don't they know they will have to pick it up. Go find it, it probably is rolling around on the floor.

i stand corrected, the last state champ at PSHS is a freshman on the wrestling team. He and 2 other freshman came in top 3 for the freshman wrestling state championships. congrats to all three.

Oh yeah, that is another sport that if the coach went up to the admin and asked for new mats, uni's, or more tourneys he would probably get the stink eye. Wrestling is another sport that eats more money than it generates.

Originally posted by the173herd:
Scot4,

As far as the admin at purnell I will say this. The AD is first class! Who will go the extra mile for the kids.

The AD at Swett needs to go. He hasn't made a good decision since he's been there.

The board voted last night but still no news.

The robesonian must be to embarrassed to write the story.

Extreme,
Do you actually think any AD at any high school has the authority to hire or fire any coach? The only person at Swett that can recommend a coach for hire or fire is the Principal and then the school board has to approve it. I have known the AD at Swett for years and like Herd said, he is a class act. AD's are only at schools to oversee the programs and to make sure all rules are being followed that are put in place by the state.
I tell you what you do Extreme, how about you stop by school one day and tell Mr.Hunt he needs to go and see how that turns out for you.

Originally posted by ThrowingGas:
Extreme,
Do you actually think any AD at any high school has the authority to hire or fire any coach? The only person at Swett that can recommend a coach for hire or fire is the Principal and then the school board has to approve it.

Throw some Gas,

according to scot4life who use to teach at purnell who is also good friends with AD i am on the AD's shit list. but i will support him regardless. apparently when i said admin for purnell the AD's, coaching staff, janitors, and bus drivers took offense to it. i truly do not believe that because i talk to Yank the other day. Many people do not know who Yank is. Yank said hello to me when i picked my daughter up from school. plus the buses still stop in front of my house.

Extreme,

you maybe onto something. but do not ask the AD to leave he is truly a great guy. gas (change the name) is right. The principle is the one that controls everything at Purnell from Teachers and Coaches to #2 pencils. If this is the principles first shot at a principle gig (not assistant principle) why did he get the 2nd largest school in the county for his first attempt??? shouldnt he got a smaller school to prep him for the larger schools??? the two at the 1st largest and the 3rd largest had previous experience.

according to scot4life who use to teach at purnell who is also
good friends with AD i am on the AD's shit list. but i will support him
regardless. apparently when i said admin for purnell the AD's, coaching
staff, janitors, and bus drivers took offense to it. i truly do not
believe that because i talk to Yank the other day. Many people do not
know who Yank is. Yank said hello to me when i picked my daughter up
from school. plus the buses still stop in front of my house.

Picking the mic back up. Let's not forget that Scot4ife was born and raised in Robeson County and knew the AD and his family before he ever worked at Purnell Swett and thought highly of him before he ever worked there. Furthermore, neither you or your little buddy have ever communicated with me to even use the phrase "according to scot4life", so your statement is a complete lie. Although the list part maybe true, you will have to consult with the AD about that. I will fill you in on the truth though, you need to quit talking the talk and walk the walk. By this I mean, get involved in those programs you said someone else should start and put forth the initiative yourself. During my time at Purnell Swett I volunteered my time for the betterment of the kids, not for the parents, admin., or the boosters.

Let's see, betterment for the kids........walk the halls at purnell and see how many kids I have coached over the years in multiple sports......walk into the weight room and ask how many have gotten tips from me on to how to get bigger, stronger, and faster......ask how many youth coaches who have recieved help from me when parents couldn't do it by themselves to take players to World Series both in lousiana and on the west coast. I am glad you volunteered your time, we need more of it. However, please don't ask me to walk the walk.

S2V or little buddy,

Didnt andy Griffith call Barney his little buddy? Walk the walk! I guess when you walk the walk you leave the area you were raised in and then automatically call yourself ????4life. At least I can be loyal4life.

OK, so where's the A.D. going? One of the best in N.C. I'd say home to get some rest from putting in long hours,like 15hr. days, making hundreds of phone calls for scheduling, doing alot of paperwork to make sure athletes are eligible and have physicals, making sure buses are fueled for travel, attending each and every game he can, whether home or away, dealing with whinning parents on the phone and meetings, helping to run the concession stand:( with his entire family at times), cleaning up after games, and that's just the tip of the iceberg from what I've actually seen. I guarntee there is much more that he's responsible for and does that's not in his job description. Trust me, he doesn't pick-and-chose who comes and goes as coaches, he just supports them in everyway possible. And there's alot of coaches in Robeson Co. in the SEC and Mid-South that would love for him to be at their school. He's an outstanding AD and his biggest access is the relationship he not only have with the coaches but even bigger with the student-athletes.

Didnt andy Griffith call Barney his little buddy? No, 173, you got them mixed up with the Skipper and Gilligan. LOL

Somewhere along the line Scot4life stabbed me on my spine
Somewhere around C4, C5 and it hurt just like a Land Mine
Never thought I would feel the deal so covert like a Navy Seal
But it snuck up on me Just like Seal Team 6 snuck up on Osama

His address letter started a little like "Thanks for the service to our country"
But then he tried to rip on G & J and take us to Phase 101 Elementary
G was minding his own Bidness and trying to stay away as far as Cherokee
But no Scot4life tried his best to reel him back as if he had some sort of warranty

Scot4life's first attempt failed miserably with his unexpected blues clues
so his second attempt he had to called me "Little Buddy" in a form of a verbal abuse
While his tireless anger built up past the 98.6 degree normal temperature
He attempted to call G & J a lier as if we made him some sort of predator

I have put my initiative, my time, my donations, pride, and my patrol
What I wanted was not recognition but what I received was jealousy
I received a text stating that my donations should be placed in the Booster bowl
Well that thought didnt get far so then people signed up for ncpreps carelessly

1 signed in, 2 signed after and then the next thing you know they started to multiply
They soon became the one time hitters since they couldnt surpass the phase of beginners
I then received a text stating " we've decided you will not be on the sidelines" we deserve better
and then the ultimate threat came "you actually may be banned from athletic event all together"

Right there and then I learned that my freedom of speech was threaten, violated and demonstrated
Freedom of Speech gives me the right on ncpreps to use words and phrases to convey my message across
So to use the word "banned" from a public school athletic games is the wrong choice of words dictated
Anyone can attend anything in a public school as long as there is no signs of any threat in any way, form or fashion

Ive done more than what you could ask for from a parent that does not have a kid in football
Ive done more than what you could ask for as a Army Recruiter at Swett
Ive supported more than any other person has except in the sport of baseball
Maybe that is why the money hungry agents are mad, jealous with me and not happy at all

So as you can see, this little buddy of J has accomplished all your requested requirements
Now all I am asking of you is to become The True Born and Raised Robesonian and The True Ram you were suppose to be

I dont just want you to do it for you, Nor for God and Country, But I want you to do it 4LIFE

This post was edited on 2/22 5:23 PM by swett2victory

The best thing is he still has the mic in his hands. Scot4life waiting for the check 1 2.......

The mic still in his hand?.....lets see

Mic Check 1,2 1,2 testing Live 2 I'm On(Can You Hear Me?)

I'm Like An Avalanche
Better Call The Ambulance
The Pockets Are In My Pants And Hands
Cheese No Camera Man
Please watch Scot4life Stand
Nevermind man
Little Buddy Stands Taller Then Scot4life and Giraffes
Someone Get Scot4life A Raft
He's Drowning
Drowning In My Paragraphs
Hey Scot4life (Can You Hear Me?)

I tried to stay away but he ignited my name
What name?
Nevermind I am no name on this game
I tried to stay away but he ignited my fame
What fame?
Nevermined I was never recognized
But scot4life keeps me fertilized

I'' tell you what
dont drop the mic
because this is copyright
but go ahead and drop scot4life
and come back where you were colonized

Check the Mic Checka
Check 1 4life
Check 2 as my advice
you see little buddy dont drop the mic,
Little Buddy drops you on 3 strikes

Little Buddy is On(Can You Hear Me?)

This post was edited on 2/22 9:28 AM by swett2victory

Is it just me, or does every single Purnell Swett topic/thread (d)evolve to these strange, incoherent ascensions to stratospheric levels of a rural RobCo Twilight Zone? Following most of this stuff is (has been) an exercise in futility. Pray that the guy you folks have offered your football job stays away from these forums. Well - no, never mind ... obviously (IF he's accepted the job offer), he does. Best wishes to Purnell Swett & the Rams new HC. Even more so, best wishes to your kids.

i read the article from the Robesonian about Coach Shermans hire.

i am happy about one of his comments:

But isn't all about football for Sherman, a civics and economics teacher that plans on having just as much of an impact off the field as he does on it.

"I care about the kids 100 percent all of the time not just on Friday nights," Sherman said. "I want them to be able to feel they can come to me without any hesitation."

As most if not all of you know I am a Heil fan. I was a Heil fan when i was in 5th grade playing for the Late and Great Johnny Hines and Coach Coble in Maxton and he would come to games all through the time i was in middle school.

I am also a fan of the Late Jim Hynus, former coach Walt Locklear, and Thomas Humphrey!!!! Yes for being football coaches, basketball coaches, and wrestling coaches but more importantly walking the halls and teaching in the classrooms. For the ones that knew Jim Hynus would know he would stare down his players as they walked the halls and he truly cared!!!! Same went for Coach Walt and Coach Humphey.

I am highly encouraged that they will have the "Head Ball Coach" in the hallways not just in the weight room!! That he will have that 5 mins between classes to see his players interact with others during school. Be only a short walk from the other teachers if they are having issues with the players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT