ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs Hertford county

The one before half was huge. If we score there and score at the start of the half, they wouldn’t have been able to catch us
Yeah that one was really big because they couldn't stop our offense at all. I know a lot of our fan base is acting like the sky is falling because we lost by two points but long-term I'm not too concerned. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this cost us the number one seed in the playoffs. Because I saw Northampton county beat Washington last night and in my opinion they will not lose another game the rest of the regular season. Pender and North Moore also look Stout although pender does have a tough test with Wallace Rose Hill coming up.

Reactions: dogs79
Yeah that one was really big because they couldn't stop our offense at all. I know a lot of our fan base is acting like the sky is falling because we lost by two points but long-term I'm not too concerned. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this cost us the number one seed in the playoffs. Because I saw Northampton county beat Washington last night and in my opinion they will not lose another game the rest of the regular season. Pender and North Moore also look Stout although pender does have a tough test with Wallace Rose Hill coming up.
I’m not worried at all about being a 1 seed. I don’t mind going on the road in the playoffs.

I also noticed looking at MaxPreps tarboro ran 75 plays and Hertford ran 55. With as many players as we had going both ways they had to be exhausted.
Wow, not often THS has 56 put up on them. Hertford Co. must be for real this season? Though, I expect THS to bounce back and this will likely be their last regular season loss. I can't see them losing to North nor SW. Don't know too much about their conference. Are any conference teams likely to offer any challenge? And yes, if you have many players going both ways that is tough. Especially here early in the season when the warm temps and humidity can factor in.

Reactions: dogs79
Wow, not often THS has 56 put up on them. Hertford Co. must be for real this season? Though, I expect THS to bounce back and this will likely be their last regular season loss. I can't see them losing to North nor SW. Don't know too much about their conference. Are any conference teams likely to offer any challenge? And yes, if you have many players going both ways that is tough. Especially here early in the season when the warm temps and humidity can factor in.
Hertford imo is for real. contrary to what some on here may think. Now their defense better improve cause they got gashed by Tarboros offense. Honestly I don't see anybody in our conference that can challenge tarboro. Only team I worry about is Riverside. Only Because they are a notoriously dirty program. I did notice North Hampton county beat Washington and I don't picture them losing rest of the regular season.

Rumor has it is Kam(#7 for JV) has been pulled up to varsity already. Honestly the kid is way too good to be playing JV anyways. He’s a kid w/ talent like we haven’t seen since TG on JV & that’s saying a lot. We’ll see how he does this week!

Rumor has it is Kam(#7 for JV) has been pulled up to varsity already. Honestly the kid is way too good to be playing JV anyways. He’s a kid w/ talent like we haven’t seen since TG on JV & that’s saying a lot. We’ll see how he does this week!
28 is a low number when so many are going both ways. I’m sure a few more will be coming up

A lot I could say, but I’ll just break it down with a few observations. First of all, congrats to the bears, good offensive game plan tonight.

Alrighty, here we go.
For starters, as much as we talked about how great we looked against rocky mount last week, the same couldn’t be said tonight. We had a good number of flags, and a few delay of games. Hertford county came out and seemed to play more inspired. They were fired up to play us and at time it looked like we were just going through the motions . This game clearly meant something to them as you could see from their response at the end of the game.

next, I get some are upset about the play choices on the last drive, but our offense scored 54 points . Offense wasn’t the issue, they played pretty good.

I’ve said in other post, despite being older than last year, we are still pretty young, and that youth showed at times tonight.

speaking of youth, how about 24, the young sophomore Rb. He was sensational tonight. Good news for us Tarboro fans, we are going to be really good for the next four years.

this hurts and it stings, especially bc even though Hertford county has a good ball club, I don’t feel like we played our best tonight, but that’s ball. This in no way, effects our end goal.

im glad we are a program that people want to beat. I’m glad we are other teams Super Bowls because it means we are doing something right. Good new is, with the young talent we have, we are going to have folks gunning at us for a while.

I don’t think any other 1A team will have what the bears had tonight, if so, I believe we’ll be ready for the challenge .
Go Vikings
This is one of the best posts I have ever read. You are 100% correct in all you said. Outstanding!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT