ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro vs Hertford county

Tarboro Vikings fan 2018

May 20, 2020
May as well get it started. After a dominant victory over Rocky Mount to open the season, Tarboro will hit the road and travel to Hertford county. Last year's game was an epic duel that saw tarboro win 33-18. I feel like this will be a battle but I see tarboro winning by two scores

Reactions: Maiden Creek
The HC qb is a beast, especially running the football. This is gonna be a great game. I'm not sure if they will be able to contain the TB offense though.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Haha, kiss of death…
In all seriousness, the qb gave us some issues last year, but ours also gave them some fits
I have nothing but confidence in our coaching staff. The coach knows about the qb and will make the preparations for him. They study film until it’s wore out. He may get his yards but he won’t be the one to beat us

Reactions: TarVikes
I have nothing but confidence in our coaching staff. The coach knows about the qb and will make the preparations for him. They study film until it’s wore out. He may get his yards but he won’t be the one to beat us
Agreed completely! We saw that last year with young man from with in the conference that we saw twice.
Heck, the qb we saw this past week wasn’t a slouch

Reactions: TarVikes
Agreed completely! We saw that last year with young man from with in the conference that we saw twice.
Heck, the qb we saw this past week wasn’t a slouch
He may be a beast but we have the Train, a few jets and the bulldozers up front to make the holes. Yep, typical spread formation, thin the defense out and create lanes for the qb. Most of the teams we play use that formula. The RM qb was their offense. He did a good job.

We were able to wear them down pretty good last year in the 2nd half and it seems like we are bigger and deeper this year. I think we will be fine on Friday.
Yeah I think we'll do the same. Their offense still concerns me, but I really don't believe they'll be able to stop Tarboro's offense

I think it’s just engrained in Tarboro fans that we can’t defend the pass - but when you really look at it how many times have we been beaten by the pass?

The only one that comes to my mind in recent years is East Surry in 2019 and they had a D1 QB and 3 D1 WRS.

A lot of times what happens is teams dink and dunk down the field and then we stop them when the field shrinks in the red zone.

We may lose Friday night but in my opinion we aren’t as bad at defending the pass as a lot people think.

I think it’s just engrained in Tarboro fans that we can’t defend the pass - but when you really look at it how many times have we been beaten by the pass?

The only one that comes to my mind in recent years is East Surry in 2019 and they had a D1 QB and 3 D1 WRS.

A lot of times what happens is teams dink and dunk down the field and then we stop them when the field shrinks in the red zone.

We may lose Friday night but in my opinion we aren’t as bad at defending the pass as a lot people think.
East Lincoln also defeated Tarboro with the pass at the QB D1 hands of Chaz Surratt and D1 WR Sage Surratt

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
East Lincoln also defeated Tarboro with the pass at the QB D1 hands of Chaz Surratt and D1 WR Sage Surratt
Agreed, but what really hurt tarboro that game was the fumbles. We had four in the first half and one going in to the end zone. Fumbles are part of the game of course, but I believe if we were able to hold on to the ball that game, we would’ve overcame their passing attack as well. Someone would have to check me, but if I’m not mistaken, we held them to only one score the second half. The only problem was that score would go on to be the winning score

Agreed, but what really hurt tarboro that game was the fumbles. We had four in the first half and one going in to the end zone. Fumbles are part of the game of course, but I believe if we were able to hold on to the ball that game, we would’ve overcame their passing attack as well. Someone would have to check me, but if I’m not mistaken, we held them to only one score the second half. The only problem was that score would go on to be the winning score
Same story against East Surry...4 fumbles led directly to 4 TDs for ES and those were the points that separated the 2 teams. Even though the final score doesnt look like it, we did manage to stop ES a couple of time, we just fumbled the punts right back to them, giving them a short field. I do not say that in any way to diminish what ES, specifically Boaz, did in that game. They were lights out.

Agree but don’t forget we failed to score the three two point conversions if we make them we win the game

Same story against East Surry...4 fumbles led directly to 4 TDs for ES and those were the points that separated the 2 teams. Even though the final score doesnt look like it, we did manage to stop ES a couple of time, we just fumbled the punts right back to them, giving them a short field. I do not say that in any way to diminish what ES, specifically Boaz, did in that game. They were lights out.
It was the same team we beat in 2018. The major difference was their offensive line was much better than our defensive line, We lost our two outstanding defensive tackles to graduation and we could not pressure Boaz. Then they use the gang tackle technique on our backs to strip the ball. After that it was lights out

It was the same team we beat in 2018. The major difference was their offensive line was much better than our defensive line, We lost our two outstanding defensive tackles to graduation and we could not pressure Boaz. Then they use the gang tackle technique on our backs to strip the ball. After that it was lights out
What a lot of people forget is when we beat east Surry in 2018 East threw it a lot. But boaz was constantly getting hit darn near every snap. That definitely was the big difference between 18 and 19 was our ability to pressure the QB.

Reactions: UNC_91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT