ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro obliterates West Montgomery

Finish Strong2

Oct 23, 2017
My friends I’ve seen some defense in my day but WOW this Tarboro Vikings squad is no joke. They will chew you up inside , outside, left, right, north , south, east, West. To top that off their offense is seriously potent. I decided to attend this game rather that the Wallace -Northeastern game and even though Tarboro dismantled a good West Montgomery I was not disappointed. Tarboro took a knee and showed class there was great sportsmanship on and off the field post game! I do not wanna hear anymore chat from the “ mountain teams” about Tarboro being weak bc trust me they are the truth! Good luck to the Vikings against Edenton for the 1AA Eastern regional championship next week in Tarboro!

Reactions: JKVikes
I want to give credit to West Montgomery. I don't think the final score is indicative of how good a team they are. It was obvious that #25 for WM is a great athlete. Unfortunately, he was hobbled by a bad ankle for most of the game. I think he only had a couple of carries in the 2nd half. He limped all over the field but stayed on the field most of the game. (Reminded me of Todd Gurley's senior year). #7 for WM was a work horse tonight but did not get much penetration at the line of scrimmage. He did have a long kickoff return to set up a first and goal. The Tarboro's D held them to a field goal but they were able to avoid a shutout. West Montgomery's lack of depth hurt them tonight. I think Tarboro wins this game even if WM is healthy but they would have been more competitive.

Both teams showed great sportsmanship and that is often hard to do when you are getting 48 points hung on you. WM represented their school with class.

Tarboro's defense played lights out tonight. They were beasts on the line of scrimmage. I am curious what the offensive stats will look like for WM.

Tarboro's offense was electric. The state is being introduced to Thunder (#34) and Lightning (pick any of the remaining RB's). They are a lethal combination. Actually, #34 (6 foot, 237 lb) had a 98 yard TD run so he showed some streaks of lightning as well. LOL

Holmes vs Tarboro is the defacto state championship.
I love those kinds of silly comments after 3 rounds of the playoffs. It may be true, but history is full of such games that turned out to be nothing but the last win of the season for the winner. I don't know anything about Tarboro or Holmes, so I don't pretend to know how they stack up against against the teams that will be left after they play, but there will be teams left, and any one of them could beat the winner.

I love those kinds of silly comments after 3 rounds of the playoffs. It may be true, but history is full of such games that turned out to be nothing but the last win of the season for the winner. I don't know anything about Tarboro or Holmes, so I don't pretend to know how they stack up against against the teams that will be left after they play, but there will be teams left, and any one of them could beat the winner.

Just stating my opinion on what I have seen over the years. I also think Cherokee vs Mitchell is the defacto small title game

Just stating my opinion on what I have seen over the years. I also think Cherokee vs Mitchell is the defacto small title game
Again, you may be right. I don't know, because I haven't seen them play, but Mount Airy and Murphy are pretty good football teams. Here is what I know, it could be an Eastern blowout, a Western blowout, or a nail biter either way in the state championship game. As a life long State fan, I can always point out the de facto 1983 national championship game in the final four when Houston beat Louisville. We all know how that de facto national championship game turned out. I will say this, as an East Surry parent and fan, good luck to which ever team you pull for, it's hard to tell from that first post. Easy for me to say since Murphy pretty much crushed them tonight. LOL.

Absolutely I agree that's what makes sports great. People just like to give predictions that's what the message boards are for

Reactions: dbpackfan
#7 from West gained a fan in me tonight. The kid played until the very end even though he got roughed up most of the night. Wish him nothing but success!

Just want to say congrats to the Tarboro coaching staff. In the last 10 years, Tarboro has advanced to the Eastern Final 7-times.

I saw them last year and I KNEW they would win 1AA this year!!! They are Battle tested for 3 straight years ---Bring it back to the East Tarboro!!!

Exactly, none said that. To think Murphy or Mount Airy won’t compete in the state title game is ridiculous

There are multiple post on NC preps and Carolina preps saying Tarboro played a weak conference and referenced that Tarboro hasn’t been hit yet by the mountain boys. I never said that Mt Airy nor Murphy couldn’t compete with Tarboro bc I know they can not sure how y’all got that out of my post because I never mention Mt Airy or Murphy.

A Murphy versus Tarboro championship finals would be about as good as it gets. And I know both have tough games this week. But if that did happen, what an exciting match up of two great programs.

Mt.Airy and Tarboro would be just as good. Though neither one may not be that great. Tarboro seems to be on a MISSION.

Murphy would present Tarboro some problems. Mount Airy as well, I just think Murphy is better.

For what its worth , Tarboro is a 3 TD favorite over Murphy and a 16 point favorite over Mt .Airy on one of the projection sites. The same site had Tarboro a 4 TD favorite over WM. I think WM could have competed with Mt.Airy and Murphy this year probably winning 40% to 50% of the time. If WM played Tarboro 100 times they would win ZERO times. If the representative from the West plays a near perfect title game , they might keep it within 10 points vs the team from the East. Ive always pulled for teams from the West side ( being from EM) , but this is the reality of the current situation in 1-AA football.

If you think wm could beat Murphy 50 out of 100 times this season you’ve been sniffing the peaches too hard brother. WM is a far cry from last year. Murphy would man handle them up front this year. Those projection sites mean nothing. Murphy is physical and talented enough to give Tarboro a game. I think Mount Airy could as well though not as much as Murphy.

If you think wm could beat Murphy 50 out of 100 times this season you’ve been sniffing the peaches too hard brother. WM is a far cry from last year. Murphy would man handle them up front this year. Those projection sites mean nothing. Murphy is physical and talented enough to give Tarboro a game. I think Mount Airy could as well though not as much as Murphy.
I only say 50% of the time based on the North Stanly game . I believe Wm would beat NS in a rematch and the Murphy game with NS was close as well. I know WM was no where near as good as last year ( I believe I was the first to mention that in the WM vs Tarboro thread), I just dont think the west side is as strong as last year , but Murphy does help the strength of the bracket. I heard from a WM parent last night, said Tarboro was on a different level on both line of scrimmages than he has seen at 1-AA.This is all conjecture of course, we get to see in a couple of weeks, but Im afraid it will not be close.

TarVike Damon Rhone is just a Junior and is WM all time single season rushing leader. He is a great back. And to y'all folks that think WM couldn't play with Murphy or Mt. Airy u are seriously kidding yourself. Tarboro is on another level. They have the size of any in the West and definitely has the speed over any in the West this year. Tarboro will beat anyone left by 21+. Mark it down.

Reactions: dogs79
Well somebody has to show up to represent the West. Mt Airy or Murphy may lose by 40, but they will give it their all to make a game of it.

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT