ADVERTISEMENT

East and West

hawkeye025

Aug 23, 2022
After a long hiatus from traveling for work and finally back in Wake County for the foreseeable future and not knowing how to get my old username back up here I’m having to start over. But as a Greensboro Page fan (alumni) I have the luxury of watching large schools play football as well as on the road for my job. Before I left to travel one of my favorite teams to watch when I had the opportunity with a few buddies was to travel to Tarboro to watch the Vikings play. After 4 long years I was able to attend the game Friday night when they played the 3A power of Rocky Mount. Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the same Rocky Mount School that not to long ago went to back to back state championships in 3A against South Pointe? It may have been a while back but nonetheless what an absolute pleasure it was to watch the Vikings play again. Man those uniforms are legit. Anyway Tarboro looks absolutely scary in size and speed. They do not look like the 1A school that I remember but they may have been 2A last time I saw them. Anyway curious as to what the hometown people think of this years team and how’s their JV looking they seem to always do pretty well.

I appreciate y’all’s kind words.
I think the general thought around Tarboro was that this years team would be better than last years. The reason, last years team was pretty young, and this group was just a bit older, all though, still young. They definitely looked really good the other night, but will get a test this Friday. Wouldn’t even shock me if they dropped it. If they did, wouldn’t change my opinion on this years team bc I think most feel Hertford county is a pretty good team.
As far as the JV. Most folks are very high on that group, and expecting them to be very special by the time they get to varsity. Maybe even a few D1 guys like some of our teams from 09-12 but of course, time will tell.

After a long hiatus from traveling for work and finally back in Wake County for the foreseeable future and not knowing how to get my old username back up here I’m having to start over. But as a Greensboro Page fan (alumni) I have the luxury of watching large schools play football as well as on the road for my job. Before I left to travel one of my favorite teams to watch when I had the opportunity with a few buddies was to travel to Tarboro to watch the Vikings play. After 4 long years I was able to attend the game Friday night when they played the 3A power of Rocky Mount. Forgive me if I’m wrong but isn’t this the same Rocky Mount School that not to long ago went to back to back state championships in 3A against South Pointe? It may have been a while back but nonetheless what an absolute pleasure it was to watch the Vikings play again. Man those uniforms are legit. Anyway Tarboro looks absolutely scary in size and speed. They do not look like the 1A school that I remember but they may have been 2A last time I saw them. Anyway curious as to what the hometown people think of this years team and how’s their JV looking they seem to always do pretty well.
Appreciate the kind remarks about our program. And this is the same Rocky Mount program that played in back-to-back 3A state titles in 2015 and 16. This year's team has a lot of potential but still way too early. As for the JV team they have the opportunity to be special

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT