ADVERTISEMENT

SWO @ North Lenoir

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
The Stallions go up the road for the 5th season game and second conference matchup.
Sitting at 0-4 for the first time in 20 years we HAVE to win out to get an automatic playoff bid. Things look bleak for this year.

Im on the road starting Wednesday and Friday night will be in New Jersey so no play by play this week. After that will head to NC and catch some games, who, what, where is subject to change. Lookin like I will be in Hope Mills, NC the night of Oct 1. I think I will be 15 minutes to the Clinton game that night. If so I will be at that one before heading to Jville for a while.

Reactions: Otis4411 and UNC91
hopefully Swo get it together need some momentum to finish the season.

You think swo can win this game? I can't imagine how the players are feeling 0-4. Some seniors lost a total 4 games in 4 YEARS at swo....... Dempsey can't seem to get these kids up for any game this year. Stop throwing the damn ball, and pound the damn rock EVERY PLAY. I've never seen anything like this in highschool football. We CANT THROW THE BALL at all, maybe one or two lucky heaves a game. That's not a passing attack. Pound the damn rock with Kerr and Hines big FB. Doesn't seem like a difficult idea.....

You think swo can win this game? I can't imagine how the players are feeling 0-4. Some seniors lost a total 4 games in 4 YEARS at swo....... Dempsey can't seem to get these kids up for any game this year. Stop throwing the damn ball, and pound the damn rock EVERY PLAY. I've never seen anything like this in highschool football. We CANT THROW THE BALL at all, maybe one or two lucky heaves a game. That's not a passing attack. Pound the damn rock with Kerr and Hines big FB. Doesn't seem like a difficult idea.....
I had intended to not mention anything about what I saw at SWO but you bring up a good point to the biggest thing I noticed. They have one of the biggest finest looking players I have seen in a long while. #75. He has to be 6'-7" or better. A head above any other player on the field. Good size for a DE in college. All night long I watched WRH defensive players run right around him. That kid desperately needs coaching on technique and drive. He has all the intangibles on size.

Swo 41
NL 20

Swo gets the monkey off their back. Give Dempsey and the staff credit tonight, they feed the horse Kerr. Pounded the rock early and often. I'll get some stats soon, but had 3 rushing tds first half. Coaches made a few corrections and position changes on the defense that were spot on. NL record was better then they were. SWO still has a TON of work to do, but tonight was a great step.

The Stallions go up the road for the 5th season game and second conference matchup.
Sitting at 0-4 for the first time in 20 years we HAVE to win out to get an automatic playoff bid. Things look bleak for this year.

Im on the road starting Wednesday and Friday night will be in New Jersey so no play by play this week. After that will head to NC and catch some games, who, what, where is subject to change. Lookin like I will be in Hope Mills, NC the night of Oct 1. I think I will be 15 minutes to the Clinton game that night. If so I will be at that one before heading to Jville for a while.

Good article, there's no denying Swo has a very passionate fan base and it seems to be reflective on the players.

Swo is a very proud fanbase. Most past players and present come from backgrounds, where you had no choice but to fight to get what you want. Tons of past players, build roots and have family in the swo community. Year after year you will see last names of past players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT