ADVERTISEMENT

SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!!! Get your make believe brooms ready. IMO /East sweeps West.

MYCEDDY06

Dec 7, 2008
IMO all these games will be entertaining except Tarboro. Taboro will cruise. All these other games get your popcorn ready because we will have some thrillers, but in the end I am going with the unthinkable. Eastern football teams will shut out the Western football teams this year. Congrats to all who have made it to the SHIP, but now it’s reality time. Go East!!!

Hibriten will beat ED...Reidsvill and WRH...is def a toss up...Mallard Creek..who beats them this late ever?

I think it's 7-1 with only team from the west winning is Cherokee!! All games will be good except Tarboro who will roll as well. East wins 7 out of 8!

IMO all these games will be entertaining except Tarboro. Taboro will cruise. All these other games get your popcorn ready because we will have some thrillers, but in the end I am going with the unthinkable. Eastern football teams will shut out the Western football teams this year. Congrats to all who have made it to the SHIP, but now it’s reality time. Go East!!!

Funny!

Reactions: Chopper747
I don't think we are seeing a sweep although the east is probably favored in the next four games

I'll take ice cold takes for $1000 please

Are Scotland and Richmond really east though? From my perspective at least Scotland CO is. Another perspective is the 2A game BOTH teams should be considered EAST Seems like.Ive seen Reidsville placed in the East as many times as they have been in the West.

Are Scotland and Richmond really east though? From my perspective at least Scotland CO is. Another perspective is the 2A game BOTH teams should be considered EAST Seems like.Ive seen Reidsville placed in the East as many times as they have been in the West.

click the map...draw a line down the middle...left is west

north-carolina-road-map.gif

Reidsville is east in 2AA. West in 2A. Having said that, we will not be going 2AA anytime soon.

What did they move the school if they were in 2AA? The geographical center of NC is about 10 Miles NW of Sanford NC in Chatham County.

Wow. I really don’t know how to respond to that. The Mule may disavow me from the fan base for letting out our secret. Yes, Reidsville High is on rollers. We move it about freely as needed.

Now here is the real head spinner. The eastern regional champion Reidsville won the 2AA championship in 2002. That same year western regional champion Burlington Cummings won the 2A championship.

Reactions: Chopper747
Wow. I really don’t know how to respond to that. The Mule may disavow me from the fan base for letting out our secret. Yes, Reidsville High is on rollers. We move it about freely as needed.

Now here is the real head spinner. The eastern regional champion Reidsville won the 2AA championship in 2002. That same year western regional champion Burlington Cummings won the 2A championship.
Yes, Reidsville High is on rollers. We move it about freely as needed. That would explain being in different regions from one year to the next. Having said that, a better explanation might be that sometimes teams on (or near) the dividing line may need to be put in different regions to fill out brackets. But it can never explain why Whiteville or one of the Duplin teams (for example) are placed in the West where some of the road trips would be an all day event either way. I remember one of the Duplin teams was sent to CHEROKEE for an early round playoff game one year. That is quite a road trip. Same with Whiteville having to travel to Asheville for a playoff game. If either of those teams won the title coming out of the "west" that skews the east vs west thing a bit as I see it.

When 65% of the teams make the playoffs it is going to cause crazy shifts in the dividing line. Need to go back to square one and completely revamp the playoffs. Too many teams, too many champions.

Reactions: WhoaMule
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT